Did the Dallas Cowboys improve at defensive tackle in 2018?

Rockdoc

Reaction score
Marinelli keeps bringing in 3 tech DTs hoping he can change one into his version of a 1 Tech. it is frustrating to watch, hopefully it eventually works

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
You mean 8 in yards against? That my friend does not mean you’re 8th ranked. And if you think it does stop reading now because you want to believe what you want to believe, lol. Teams chose to run on you. That’s it. Teams knew the best way to beat you was TOP.
They weren’t looking for chunk plays. They knew you didn’t have a offense that could run and hide. That’s why you couldn’t beat teams that were play off ready. Most play off teams can run the ball.
And a coach can only do what the talent he has allows him to do. Belichek is a defensive genius but his defense gave up 41 points in the SB. You simply don’t have the horses to be a top defense.

Why are you here? No one cares what you “think” you know.

visionary

Reaction score
on the plus side, the team is very young aside from Lee and next draft is supposed to be loaded with DT
they could completely reshape the dline just like they did corners, receivers and linebackers
in fact it seems the way they are addressing these weak positions
next year could see many new faces
crosses fingers

Once again
We're looking to next year before this year has even started

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am still amazed at the lack of action in the undrafted free agent market.

That just tells me the team did not view the position as important after ignoring it in the draft.

Then I look back at the trash picks of Joey Ivie and Jordan Carrell last year and I just chuckle softly to myself.

ORIkbpl.gif

There it is!

:laugh:

Beaker42

Reaction score
[In this series, we’ll take a look at the additions and subtractions at every position on the Dallas Cowboys roster. We’ll compare where the Cowboys were to where they currently sit and ask the ultimate question. Did the Cowboys improve or not? In other words, do you feel better about the state of the roster going into the 2018 season?]

This season:
Maliek Collins - 16 games played, 22 tackles, 2.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries

David Irving - Eight games played, 22 tackles, seven sacks, six pass deflections, one forced fumble, missed four games due to PED suspension, missed four games with concussion

Stephen Paea - Four games played, seven tackles, one TFL, retired October 13th (chronic knee condition)

Brian Price - Eight games played, eight tackles, one pass deflection, placed on IR November 8th, re-signed two-year deal in free agency

Richard Ash - 10 games played, 12 tackles, one pass deflection

Datone Jones - Signed in November, four games played, nine tackles, one sack

Lewis Neal - Practice squad, promoted in November, seven games played, eight tackles

Daniel Ross - Signed off Chiefs practice squad in November, three games played, five tackles, one sack, one forced fumble

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...s-cowboys-improve-at-defensive-tackle-in-2018

http://nfltraderumors.co/2018-nfl-free-agents-list/

I keep seeing Hankins mentioned, but no love for the non-pick that started us down the road to our FO not valuing DT’s: Sharrif Floyd. Per link above he’s available.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Pretty much the same group of guys with a couple of players added that have not been successful elsewhere. Not sure you could say they are worse, but if they are better heading into the season it is nominally.

kskboys

Reaction score
In yards, yes. Yards don’t move the score board buddy. Question for you smart guy, you wouldn’t have been happier giving up more yards and less points? Who care that you were 8th in yards when you were 19th in points against???
NE used to believe that before the last super bowl!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite simply, yards allowed is a more accurate way to judge a D because there are a ton of factors involved in Pts allowed that have nothing to do w/ the D. And stopping a team from gaining yards also stops them from scoring on your D.

Pts allowed is more of a way to judge a team.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Being better than last year isn't suggesting we have a good DT group. Last year we were rotating practice squad guys in at the 1tech along with broken foot Collins just to fill the role. I hope ward plays well.