Did the Horse Collar Rule ruin Roy Williams?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
His inability to work, prepare and better his pass coverage is what's runing him. He can still recover, he just has to accept the fact that he may have to work twice as hard as everyone else to get better. I don't know that he does or is willing to do that.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
burmafrd;1862767 said:
I think Roy is clearly more hesitent to just be agressive and hit people. THAT is where a lot of his plays were made. And its easy to see why he would be more hesitent now: penalities and a clear shift in the NFL about hard hits. Har d hits used to be a mark of pride to the NFL= now its an invitation to a penalty and/or a fine. It takes a while but it does have an effect. I think that is what has happened to Roy.
You and Jerry Jones, who said basically the same thing in an interview about 6 weeks ago. He felt that the threat of fines and suspensions were making Roy more hesitant to hit somebody. The worst part of the Horsecollar rule is that it is perfectly legal within the tackle box. And we saw TO fall almost the same way in the game Sunday as when he was injured getting horsecollared, only the horsecollar was not involved in this injury. Both time it was caused by having a guy fall on the back of his legs, which again, is perfectly legal in most cases...

CalCBFan

Reaction score
TheCount;1862902 said:
His inability to work, prepare and better his pass coverage is what's runing him. He can still recover, he just has to accept the fact that he may have to work twice as hard as everyone else to get better. I don't know that he does or is willing to do that.
Nate Newton has said basically the same thing, although not so strongly. He said on Talking Cowboys that he (Nate) has never seen Roy out after practice working w/ the WRs trying to cover them. Nate said that all great Safeties he had every known (Woody and James Washington to name a couple) always stayed after practice and challenged themselves against WRs. He said if Roy would do that, Roy would get better at coverage...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
kØwbØy;1862367 said:
sure seems to be mental mamacita...seems like hes over-thinkin the idea of makin a mistake.

How is that?

He hasnt stopped horsecollaring yet..... I would say he isnt thinking enough actually.