Did the Markus Paul death hurt us?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Does it help? Of course not.

was it the difference in winning or losing? No. The cowboys suck. They suck.

it’s not hard to understand. With all the injuries. The team stinks.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Yes. Losing a coach/mentor/friend suddenly is a difficult thing to handle. Put it in a short week, take away two starting OTs, throw in some dumb coaching decisions, and another Zeke fumble... and you end up getting your doors blown off.

No excuses in this league. They needed to be better across the board, and they came up woefully short again.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This game was 20-16 into the 4th and we had the ball. If we came out flat and had zero energy and looked pathetic, then ok. But this poor play at the end had zero to do with preparation and the death. This team and coaches just suck.
Sux.

Got ya.

:thumbdown:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yes. Losing a coach/mentor/friend suddenly is a difficult thing to handle. Put it in a short week, take away two starting OTs, throw in some dumb coaching decisions, and another Zeke fumble... and you end up getting your doors blown off.

No excuses in this league. They needed to be better across the board, and they came up woefully short again.
I pretty much feel they are playing out the string to go on vacation and stop with all the virus protocols.

They will get creamed by the Ravens and mercifully be over for 2020.

Not far off now.

They say you wait 3 minutes when the heart stops beating before proclaiming someone dead.

I would say we are at 1 minute into the count.

:banghead:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
more than any of us believed?

I wonder.

Last week was such a blur.

And to that Dallas missed a day in preparation on a 4 day week.

I am not looking for excuses but It seems that expecting our team as injured as it is and leadership in short supply..

To have expected more might be a bit indulgent on us to slam them for a game they held together with spit and glue all the way until 8 minutes to play then lost their focus and slid to a blowout?

We as fans seem to hold ourselves to unattainable lofty expectations as far as this team.

I hope that I am right and that after 10 days off they comeback and beat the Ravens and if Philly loses to Seattle Monday..

We are right back in the chase depending on what Washington does.

This is really the strangest journey with this team I have ever seen..

And I have seen or attended every game since summer 1965 at the Salesmanship Club Game in August vs the GB Packers.

That is a lot of football boys.

Seen it all.

What do you guys think?

Over to you.

Go Cowboys.

:starspin::starspin:
It certainly didn’t help.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Football Team stinks as much as we do, but our coaching staff took away any chance we had of winning. Whether that had anything to do with Coach Paul, we'll never know. Just the dumbest coaching decisions at the dumbest times. Still don't believe those calls. Even if the players executed to perfection, we would have to admit that those calls were too risky and not necessary at those points in the game.

Cmac

Reaction score
Let's just face it.....
gettyimages-1741702.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is the OP just looking for excuses for the loss? The lack of tackles and the bonehead playcalling is what hurt us.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This game was 20-16 into the 4th and we had the ball. If we came out flat and had zero energy and looked pathetic, then ok. But this poor play at the end had zero to do with preparation and the death. This team and coaches just suck.
If they had the day of practice they missed, maybe they prepare a little better on going for it on 4th down.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*key that Bob Dylan's w/ the "need a dump truck baby, just to haul away the dead",,,er,,, TUNE,,,eh?*
Next. Man Up/ over the top/close ranks/ marching fire,,,Piper, play some black fearsome,me laddie'so_O

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
*** runs back to check what the record was when Dak got hurt....

Ok, says here they were 1-3 and headed down the same path before the injury. Hence, the season was close to being lost BEFORE Dak got hurt. But hey, go ahead and spin it any way you want.
Hey, ACR, you've become just as bad as the Dak haters. The Cowboys were at 2-3 when Dak went down. Much better than the 1-5 record ever since. Plus, that 2-3 record under Dak easily could and should have been 4-1 if this Defense ever showed up to play. YOU KNOW THAT, but you go ahead and spin your denial any way you want.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, the Dak injury cost this team the season.
Not sure how you can say that with a straight face. You are telling us two things:

1) we as a team were doing great before the injury
2) no adversity would have happened with Dak in. Our "great" trajectory just keeps skyrocketing.

Season saved.

Not buying it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not sure how you can say that with a straight face. You are telling us two things:

1) we as a team were doing great before the injury
2) no adversity would have happened with Dak in. Our "great" trajectory just keeps skyrocketing.

Season saved.

Not buying it.
Read my previous post posted to @acr731 up above ^^^^. You might learn a thing or two.

I personally don't give a rat if you dislike Dak or not. The facts are the facts. Accept them or move on.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Hey, ACR, you've become just as bad as the Dak haters. The Cowboys were at 2-3 when Dak went down. Much better than the 1-5 record ever since. Plus, that 2-3 record under Dak easily could and should have been 4-1 if this Defense ever showed up to play. YOU KNOW THAT, but you go ahead and spin your denial any way you want.
team was a dumpster fire before the injury that spilled over into an all out wildfire

Aven8

Reaction score
It had too. And if I had my bet they had guys in there working out when it happened. Generally that is when the guys workout early mornings.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How could that and the events around it, premature reports that he had passed for that only to become a reality the day before the game, not have an effect on all who knew him?

However, they were already in a weakened state and losing both OT's on one drive was too much for this team to overcome.

Truth be told, I don't think the majority of players on that team want this season to continue anymore than I want to watch it.

This team was the combination of mediocre talent and coaching before they lost the QB or their S&C coach. This will be known as the "Season of Excuses".

Reactions: G2