Did the NFC East just get a little tougher?

spook930

Reaction score
let defenses gameplan for cousins first before crowning.

Yeah... Players get crowned too quickly these days. It was a bad Jacksonville team. Remember he is a a fairly inexperienced qb behind a bad o-line.

The Natural

Reaction score
no, it just got easier. 2 team race between the cowboys and those girls from Philly

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He put up 2 td's, 14 pts.
Beat me to it, but I would have said Cousins threw for two touchdowns or 12 points. Alfred Morris and Silas Redd added three touchdown runs or 18 points. Kai Forbath rounded out the scoring, kicking two field goals and five extra point attempts for a total of 11 points. The offense was balanced. Washington's defense was equally or more impressive, harassing Chad Henne all day. I think Cousins would agree that 10 sacks and 18 QB pressures impacted the game more than his two touchdown passes.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Looks about the same, although Cousins could make the Commanders more efficient.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
RG3 is a remarkable talent. To say otherwise is biased.

I like the kid, but mobile QB's in this game can't stay healthy.

Was a remarkable talent before the knee injury. Now he doesn't have that speed anymore and doesn't have that threat he did as a rookie. He is basically done now.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
After the ACL tear in the playoffs, RG3 has never been the same.........
Cousins is better than him...no question. It makes the skins better... How much better? I don't know, haven't seen them yet this year.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I think we are really getting worked up for nothing.

Commanders looked good yesterday because they played against an offense that can't do anything atm and it is difficult to prepare for Cousins when they were expecting RG3. Now that teams know that Cousins is the qb, he isn't going to be as effective.

Eagles is still up in the air but if there is a weakness it is that Foles gets into plenty of trouble when the ball isn't out of his hands quickly. We will see just how good they are tonight.

Giants are the Giants but they are a team that can still play tough against the division.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Remember when Kirk Cousins was their savior before, until he wasn't?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
the Commanders might be a problem....rg3 going down is a nightmare to us.

the giants really looking bad..

the eagles will be a threat as long as mccoy is in the mix.

really hoping luck carves them up tomorrow.

You think the giants are capable of another 0-6 start? Lol
I live in New York... I love it!

erod

Reaction score
Cousins is better, but not by much.

The Commanders have some talent, but they're more dysfunctional than Dallas, as crazy as that is to ponder.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I was more impressed with the skins defense. Don't care who they played. At one time deep in the second quarter, Jacksonvillr had 0 total yards for the game.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
On a side note, I wonder if this is Griffin's last year with the Commanders...

boysfanindc

Reaction score
RG3's problem is he can not read defenses or scan the field past maybe a second read, Cousins does this well and they have some threats on the Offensive side of the ball.

Too early to tell, but I could see a scenario where they are better with Cousins.

What sucks, is Hatcher is playing really well for them, demanding double teams which is freeing up Kerrigan.

links18

Reaction score
Maybe, but give Cousins more time before anointing him. I suspect RG3 ends up on another team that really needs a quality QB next year and that Cousins will be the guy in Washington. But I don't know for sure. I do consider it possible that the Commanders win the NFC East this year.

So RGIII will be a Cowboy?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe, but give Cousins more time before anointing him. I suspect RG3 ends up on another team that really needs a quality QB next year and that Cousins will be the guy in Washington. But I don't know for sure. I do consider it possible that the Commanders win the NFC East this year.

Wouldn't it be ironic if he ends up with the Rams next year?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Actually I think this makes a much better match up for us. Cousin's is a solid Qb from what we've seen but he doesn't scare me like RG3 does. With RG3 out the defense, like yesterday, will be able to play more man coverage. Man is what our Corners are better at. There Commanders WR's don't scare me all that much, with or without Jackson, so this is a much better match up for us, IMO.

The threat of RG3 running made it a lot more difficult to play this defense in a way where they can play closer to their strengths.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I think cousins is more of a threat then rgIII right now. Just my thought that is all. And after yesterday the NFC is WIDE OPEN in my opinion.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how Philly plays against a good Colts team. I don't know what to expect from this yet this year. Last week was the tale of two halves. They looked awful in the first half against Jacksonville and dominant in the second. But I'm not sure how impressive the dominant second half really was considering Cousins stepped in and put up 41 against Jacksonville today.

PHILLY always scares me...they have a very explosive offense and our inability to cover TE's is trouble in my eyes let alone no pass rush.