Did the offense improve from Kellen Moore?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Yes. What we needed was an offense that completely shuts down against top defenses. Good point.
No offense can succeed against top defenses when they are 1 dimensional. A running team with no pass game like NE and Tenn, no chance. A running team like Baltimore, until this year with a passing game, nope. Our air game was much better designed and able to feed the star than ever under Moore, but completely one dimensional….a good defense loves when they only need to stop 1 thing.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
This is the basic criticism you'll ever read from the riff raff. Just garbage baseless accusations. No facts.

The actual production of the offenses tell a different story. One where Moore's offenses didn't fold against better defenses like this one does.
Well the average fan just regurgitates what they saw someone else say on YouTube or tv. I’ve definitely heard that criticism the person you quoted mention by folks on both.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
No improvement....when it came to the playoffs, the offense folded like clockwork, and the defense bent over. Same old crap.

khiladi

Reaction score

Look at how late Dak’s delivery is BTW.. it also showed that Dallas had to get back to Moore’s tendencies of motion in the red zone.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore was always just a scapegoat.
He was an idiot. He wanted NCAA Mountain West passing stats...not NFL NFCE grind. Which prepares you for hard playoffs.

Just because we still have idiots...doesn't make him not one.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
One thing Moore was great at was designing plays in the red zone which gave Dak an easy (i.e., a throw Dak can reliably make) TD throw. If you watch one of those year end compilations on YouTube it's crazy how often Dak was throwing to a wide open guy in the RZ when Moore was here.
And Philly struggled in the red zone, even in the games they won. Looks like they’re trying to fix something that’s broken. Cowboys will fix their issues with the rookies they draft. I’m encouraged.

Zman5

Reaction score
KM is a JG disciple . That's where he got his Techmo Bowl offense from.

Enough said

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
The offense was better because Lamb was more involved .......... now we need to get a RB to help Lamb and Voldemort.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
100 percent it improved.

The real question is. How did Moore look with his scheme and a litany of stars in LA including a real franchise QB?
Do you know that Herbert was placed on IR in the beginning of Dec? And look at all the injuries they had. I'm not sure looking at one year and losing your starting QB is an accurate barometer of Moore. What did MM do with Moore gone...12-5 and a blow out in the 1st round.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Do you know that Herbert was placed on IR in the beginning of Dec? And look at all the injuries they had. I'm not sure looking at one year and losing your starting QB is an accurate barometer of Moore. What did MM do with Moore gone...12-5 and a blow out in the 1st round.
You are right. The Cowboys had no injuries this year.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Your post was pointless that I agree with. Nice try
Nah, this thread wants to blame Moore or Mike. But both failed in the playoffs and people are saying it’s because of Dak. So yeah, the thread is pointless.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Nah, this thread wants to blame Moore or Mike. But both failed in the playoffs and people are saying it’s because of Dak. So yeah, the thread is pointless.
They all failed but you’re a groupie for 4 so you don’t see that. Heck if they both failed the constant is 4 but super fans never seem to see that.