Did the Packers know our plays?

Reaction score
yes.. we had variations of 4 plays all game.. the obvious run up the gut when there are 8 men in the box (who would audible here?? not us)

the patented jason garret low percentage chance of working screen to a player who makes that chance of working even lower.

who can forget the 2nd and 5 50 yard pass for an incompletion to a well covered receiver.

and then the who knows what that was.

a 12 year old whose only played madden and pee wee league could call defense against that.

lol seriously though garrett is maddd over rated people. when we win its not because he put our offense in a position to succeed just they willed his crap to work and got lucky.. i know its one game but this has been two years now of the same stuff...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3081560 said:
I think you're kidding, but really, that does concern me a little. Today went beyond poor execution -- a ton of our plays never stood a chance from the snap. And something's fishy about that.

Maybe it was just a very bad day... I sure hope so.

Dom Capers is a defensive guru, thought you got the memo.

But you're right, I wish he would stop getting cute most of the time and just play football. We're outsmarting ourselves sometimes and today was the first time 'this year' that he was border-line predictable.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I think you're kidding, but really, that does concern me a little. Today went beyond poor execution -- a ton of our plays never stood a chance from the snap. And something's fishy about that.

Yeah, that happens CL if nobody blocks.

nathanlt

Reaction score

Maybe it was just a very bad day... I sure hope so.

Something's fishy about that, my point exactly. Knowing our tendencies is one thing, but calling the perfect defense, every time, until garbage time when they let us score?

The fishyness is very Belicheckesque....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nathanlt;3081022 said:
It seemed as though the Packers knew nearly every play we were doing. The ogletree screen was tried several times, they shut it down every time. I hate to seem such a sore loser over this, but they really guessed well every time.

Cowboys can rebound, the season is not over, but this is a head scratcher! Oh... and what an injury bug we ran into today!!!

I'm sure they watched film on us; there are not that many surprises within games. I have seen allot of colts games there is nothing surprising in what they run it comes down to executing the plays when you do that you have a chance for success when you fail to execute you don't.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
nathanlt;3082183 said:
Something's fishy about that, my point exactly. Knowing our tendencies is one thing, but calling the perfect defense, every time, until garbage time when they let us score?

The fishyness is very Belicheckesque....

I didn't mean fishy as in they were cheating. I meant fishy as in they figured out some of our tendencies or even our keys and were exploiting that.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Ren;3081082 said:
How could they not see the Ogletree screen coming? it's the only play they run when he's on the field

We ran it with Austin not with Ogletree.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
nathanlt;3081022 said:
It seemed as though the Packers knew nearly every play we were doing. The ogletree screen was tried several times, they shut it down every time. I hate to seem such a sore loser over this, but they really guessed well every time.

Cowboys can rebound, the season is not over, but this is a head scratcher! Oh... and what an injury bug we ran into today!!!

In the end i think the question that matters more is wether we and especially our OC knew our plays.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It's not like defenses haven't claimed in the past that this offense is too easy to pick up what we're running.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Nah they just figured out Flo & Dre can't block....:rolleyes:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Muhast;3081172 said:
Also, if you KNOW the team is blitzing non stop, is it to much to ask for screen passes and slants until they quit? Does every throw have to be 15 yards or more down field?
This is what Garrett doesn't understand. He has no appreciation for long methodical drives, he's looking for the big play non-stop. Sure we have a ton of plays that have gone for over 20 yards, but we've had like a thousand three and outs because he won't run the frickin football. He has absolutely 0 creativity, 0 ability to make adjustments, and 0 patience.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Future;3082347 said:
This is what Garrett doesn't understand. He has no appreciation for long methodical drives, he's looking for the big play non-stop. Sure we have a ton of plays that have gone for over 20 yards, but we've had like a thousand three and outs because he won't run the frickin football. He has absolutely 0 creativity, 0 ability to make adjustments, and 0 patience.

And that side of the ball has been carrying us for 3 years. So what does that make Wade?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;3082529 said:
And that side of the ball has been carrying us for 3 years. So what does that make Wade?
that wasn't the case yesterday.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Rampage;3082538 said:
that wasn't the case yesterday.

The offense can have an 'oh ****' game every now and again.

Lets be real here. How many times have you said, "damn our defense won that game for us." Not since Tampa Bay last year when Romo went down.

Its about forcing turnovers, making plays, and getting off the field. Our defense doesn't do any of that. And when they do play well, its very streaky and they never seen to have any consistency on that side of the ball.

Our offense has carried us for 3 years now. Go back and look for games when our defense has single handedly won us the game. Then go back and look for games where our offense has done it. Its not even close.

jordan20

Reaction score
I guess I'm missing something. Was that the same defense that give up 38 points to Tampa Bay last week??? The freaking Tampa Bay Bucs with a rookie QB!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jordan20;3082563 said:
I guess I'm missing something. Was that the same defense that give up 38 points to Tampa Bay last week??? The freaking Tampa Bay Bucs with a rookie QB!!!

I don't know is Philly the team that lost to Oakland or the one who trashed the Giants? Who was that Saints team who came damn close to losing to the Rams yesterday? Looking at one game does not tell the entire story of any team.