Did we have a 1st round pick this season?

superonyx

Reaction score
How's everyone feeling about our first round pick this season?

It's kind of concerning to not see or hear anything about the guy...whats his name....

It seems like someone fell in love with whats his name when the best case scenario is he doesn't see the field much over the next few years. If Jaylon is as good as he looks and Sean Lee is healthy then where does he fit?

Would we be better off with Calvin Ridley or Hayden Hurst?

I know people will say we didnt know Jaylon was going to be good ect....We certainly should have known. At least the guys coaching him should have known.

I know i am impatient.. But i feel i can be this way with first round picks.

I was hoping to see something from him in the preseason.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

It's kind of concerning to not see or hear anything about the guy...whats his name....

It seems like someone fell in love with whats his name when the best case scenario is he doesn't see the field much over the next few years. If Jaylon is as good as he looks and Sean Lee is healthy then where does he fit?

I know people will say we didnt know Jaylon was going to be good ect....We certainly should have known. At least the guys coaching him should have known.

Isn't Hurst out the first couple of games with a broken foot?

vaturkey

Reaction score
I always thought he was another Bobby Carpenter type. Hope I'm wrong, but I just have that feeling.

fredp22

Reaction score
so far Barbi II is living up to his name.
He was looking a little overwhelmed on the few plays he was in- think he should have played a little more in preseason

waldoputty

Reaction score

patience.
players normally get 3 years so lets at least give him 1 year.

superonyx

Reaction score
Isn't Hurst out the first couple of games with a broken foot?
Yes. But he will be back in a few weeks and looks like a difference making starter for the next decade.

The guy has looked great so far.

What has our 1st round pick shown so far?

Eanwen

Reaction score
Based on how I feel about the lb depth in hindsight I wish we had Ridley (not that I know anything about how he's looked so far mind you, just that I'd feel better about the Cowboy's wr corp and passing game as a whole if they would have spent 2 early picks trying to improve it).

In any case there's no reason to think Lee will play 16 games this year, so whats-his-name (I honestly don't remember his name lol; I know the initials LVE) will probably get plenty of playing time.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Leighton will be fine, he won't be asked to do too much as Wilson will start and Esch is eased in next to Smith and Lee.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Fans have such unreasonable expectations. These guys are rookies yet if they don't look like All-Pros, their bums.

This discussion will be more prudent in Year 3 and then we can make assumptions based off of empirical data.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

No 1st round pick, nopey nope.
Might as well give up and move on...

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
When I think 1st rounder I think starting unless it is a QB. Our last 2 picks unless he starts against Panthers will not.

superonyx

Reaction score
Fans have such unreasonable expectations. These guys are rookies yet if they don't look like All-Pros, their bums.

This discussion will be more prudent in Year 3 and then we can make assumptions based off of empirical data.
No need to exaggerate others position.

Is it unreasonable to expect a first round draft pick to start?
Thats the question really. Drafted at 19 i feel should mean you can contribute right away.

2nd and 3rd round should take a year or 2.

Michael Gallup looks more like the 1st round pick than LVE.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If your first round pick isn't starting for 3 years then you did something wrong drafting him.

Yeah, I can't believe Green Bay drafted that bum Aaron Rodgers*. Dude didn't do squat until his 4th season.

* waits for subsequent disclaimer that the broad brush statement didn't apply to QBs