Did we have a 1st round pick this season?

CowboyGil

Reaction score
We have veteran depth at LB in Joe Thomas and Justin March-Lillard and also Damien Wilson. No need to rush LVE.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How's everyone feeling about our first round pick this season?

It's kind of concerning to not see or hear anything about the guy...whats his name....

It seems like someone fell in love with whats his name when the best case scenario is he doesn't see the field much over the next few years. If Jaylon is as good as he looks and Sean Lee is healthy then where does he fit?

Would we be better off with Calvin Ridley or Hayden Hurst?

I know people will say we didnt know Jaylon was going to be good ect....We certainly should have known. At least the guys coaching him should have known.

I know i am impatient.. But i feel i can be this way with first round picks.

I was hoping to see something from him in the preseason.

Why can’t you say the players name, instead of some cryptic post to make it a Rue thread or wasted pick thread.
Well He was not.

Thread closed.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
No need to exaggerate others position.

Is it unreasonable to expect a first round draft pick to start?
Thats the question really. Drafted at 19 i feel should mean you can contribute right away.

2nd and 3rd round should take a year or 2.

Michael Gallup looks more like the 1st round pick than LVE.

Definitely not unreasonable to suggest that a first round pick should start. It is unreasonable to passively proclaim him a wasted pick based off of some preseason appearances and some small injuries.

LVE can play all three positions - that alone makes him a starter in the very near future.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Yes. But he will be back in a few weeks and looks like a difference making starter for the next decade.

The guy has looked great so far.

What has our 1st round pick shown so far?
Way to early to tell. I was just commenting about him being injured, just like our guy. After year 1, we may have a better idea on who will have a better career.

superonyx

Reaction score
Definitely not unreasonable to suggest that a first round pick should start. It is unreasonable to passively proclaim him a wasted pick based off of some preseason appearances and some small injuries.

LVE can play all three positions - that alone makes him a starter in the very near future.
Im not proclaiming him to be a wasted pick based on him as much as questioning why did we draft a guy who plays LB so early in the draft when we could have day 1 starters picked in the same position.

As it stands now LVE will only get to play part time for the foreseeable future.

It would be like drafting a RB in the first round when Zeke is here.

If you could only pick 1 guy out of Gallup and LVE today would you still pick LVE?

We draft a Tackle force him to play guard and he is a day 1 starter from round 2.
We draft a WR round three and if he isnt a day 1 starter then he will be a day 2 starter.
We draft a LB in round 1 who may rarely see the field for the next few years. Seems weird.

superonyx

Reaction score
Why can’t you say the players name, instead of some cryptic post to make it a Rue thread or wasted pick thread.
Well He was not.

Thread closed.
Uh oh.....the thread is still open. What now?

Should i send you a draft of any new threads i create so you can approve of them first?
You didnt have to open it.....although the catchy title got you in didnt it? Its ok. Consider yourself sucked.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Im not proclaiming him to be a wasted pick based on him as much as questioning why did we draft a guy who plays LB so early in the draft when we could have day 1 starters picked in the same position.

As it stands now LVE will only get to play part time for the foreseeable future.

It would be like drafting a RB in the first round when Zeke is here.

If you could only pick 1 guy out of Gallup and LVE today would you still pick LVE?

We draft a Tackle force him to play guard and he is a day 1 starter from round 2.
We draft a WR round three and if he isnt a day 1 starter then he will be a day 2 starter.
We draft a LB in round 1 who may rarely see the field for the next few years. Seems weird.

u do remember how brittle lee is...

superonyx

Reaction score
u do remember how brittle lee is...
I do and i considered that. But even if Lee is injured its usually a few weeks. Its not that likely he is out for a year. He is a soft tissue pull kind of guy.
Should we spend a 1st on a back up who can play the games when Lee is hurt?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh oh.....the thread is still open. What now?

Should i send you a draft of any new threads i create so you can approve of them first?
You didnt have to open it.....although the catchy title got you in didnt it? Its ok. Consider yourself sucked.

I guess the thread continues. No I didn’t get sucked in. Don’t flatter yourself.
And I am not the thread approval cop, so create all you want. But I do have the right to post in it my opinions.

superonyx

Reaction score
I guess the thread continues. No I didn’t get sucked in. Don’t flatter yourself.
And I am not the thread approval cop, so create all you want. But I do have the right to post in it my opinions.
Its always interesting when someone doesnt have anything interesting to contribute to a discussion so they just come in and insult the topic. Like that is their contribution.

I have a mother in law who likes to do this at family get togethers. Its even more awkward in person.

Do what you want but maybe next time you can post on of those funny Gif's like the homer simpson walking in and walking back out quickly one. Those are cute. Heck i would even throw you a like for that one..