Video: Did we sign Antonio Callaway?

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't see the down side with this signing. If he doesn't have anything they can let him go with no loss. I doubt they gave him much money. On the other hand they need a guy who can run the right routes with some speed. Tolbert was an overhyped 3rd round pick who looks worse than the undrafted free agents.

I also wonder why not Washington? Is he still unable to play because of his injury?

Staubacher

Reaction score
He didn't play much after 2018 due to multiple suspensions.

He has proven on-field ability in the NFL.

His issues are 100% character/mental.

Talent is terrific.

He was universally considered a 1st round talent but he was off most team's draft boards due to character issues.

Many draft analysts thought he was the best WR in that draft but most recommended against drafting him in any round.

He can do it all on the field.
  • Big time speed and hands as a deep WR.
  • Big threat on end arounds or other runs from the backfield.
  • Big time punt/kick returner.
  • Physical with thick lower body.
  • Good route runner in college and seemed to learn the NFL game quickly.
Character issues off field that have derailed his career. Like I said, fits right in here.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
One of the things about Calloway that might bear stating is that he is probably even faster than his timed 4.4 combine speed.. because he's one of those guys who has always been blazing fast and as such most likely didn't go to any speed boot camp or anything to get ready for the combine. Dude just walked in and ran 4.4.. Kinda like Deion when he showed up, borrowed somebody's shoes, ran 4.2 and left.. LOL! Obviously he's not as fast as Deion, but you get the picture. I watched this kid absolutely torch SEC defenses at Florida and that was with playing with a friggin spinnaker at the QB position. Over 19 yards a catch as a frosh. He was killin it until Will Grier got himself popped for steroids.. and from that point it all went south in a hurry as the carousel started spinning. He had 5 different starting QBs in his two seasons at Florida. The only standing between him and first or second round status was his crappy QBs and his own demons. I hope like hell he has at least conquered those demons by now. If not he will have a short stay in Dallas.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the things about Calloway that might bear stating is that he is probably even faster than his timed 4.4 combine speed.. because he's one of those guys who has always been blazing fast and as such most likely didn't go to any speed boot camp or anything to get ready for the combine. Dude just walked in and ran 4.4.. Kinda like Deion when he showed up, borrowed somebody's shoes, ran 4.2 and left.. LOL! Obviously he's not as fast as Deion, but you get the picture. I watched this kid absolutely torch SEC defenses at Florida and that was with playing with a friggin spinnaker at the QB position. Over 19 yards a catch as a frosh. He was killin it until Will Grier got himself popped for steroids.. and from that point it all went south in a hurry as the carousel started spinning. He had 5 different starting QBs in his two seasons at Florida. The only standing between him and first or second round status was his crappy QBs and his own demons. I hope like hell he has at least conquered those demons by now. If not he will have a short stay in Dallas.
Yes, I would not be surprised if he could beat Turpin in a footrace.

He has that extra gear when the ball is in the air.