Video: Did we sign Antonio Callaway?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I thought T.Y. Hilton would have been a decent signing. Or even Fuller, but I'm told he retired. It's obvious they need help on offense. I'm just confused about what happened to James Waashington.

To me, it sounds like this guy can get ready for the playoffs. And he gives you leverage when negotiating with OBJ, who knows all too well about athlete sponsorships, and the value the Cowboys would offer there.

Still, if that's what he's all about, that doesn't tell me he's prepared to play right now, even if he wants to be in his mind. I like this better. It's low risk, high reward . . . potentially.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm tellin yall if Calloway can get his head on straight he has the potential to be a bigger version of Turpin. Dude is crazy fast and elusive with the ball in his hands. And his hands are very good. I lost track of him after his last screwup got him cut from Miami, his home town team.. but truth be told playing for his hometown team for a guy with his knucklehead tendencies was probably the worst thing that could have happened.. You just know he ended up back runnin with his "crew" from the hood and doing stupid stuff with them. Dallas is far enough from Miami that those idiots won't be able to just hang around encouraging him to throw his career away in the name of "keepin it real" or "not forgetting where he came from." I am rooting for the kid because I always hate seeing guys throw away an opportunity like this. Hopefully Jerry's halfway house monitors keep him on the straight and narrow.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm tellin yall if Calloway can get his head on straight he has the potential to be a bigger version of Turpin. Dude is crazy fast and elusive with the ball in his hands. And his hands are very good. I lost track of him after his last screwup got him cut from Miami, his home town team.. but truth be told playing for his hometown team for a guy with his knucklehead tendencies was probably the worst thing that could have happened.. You just know he ended up back runnin with his "crew" from the hood and doing stupid stuff with them. Dallas is far enough from Miami that those idiots won't be able to just hang around encouraging him to throw his career away in the name of "keepin it real" or "not forgetting where he came from." I am rooting for the kid because I always hate seeing guys throw away an opportunity like this. Hopefully Jerry's halfway house monitors keep him on the straight and narrow.
Right now, he's just crazy high.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
These coaches are stupid. it's taken them years to really give brown a shot and he looked ok. So once dak and Gallup came back obviously they stopped using him as a weapon. Then they have fehoko, tolbert, and turpin who are apparently useless as offensive weapons or they refuse to let them be one. like really you can't figure out how to get turpin the ball in a little space 2-3 times a game? Someone needs to start coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Who's genius decision was it to put the dumbest player on the team, possibly in the league, in while we're trying to score in overtime.

That ranks up there with making your son the vice president of a sports franchise with absolutely no formal training or experience. Or hiring a dude that looks like a creepy youth pastor to call your offensive plays.
LOL

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yep.

It's normal for 3rd round rookies to have a learning curve. It's not normal for them to be a weekly inactive and have the team panic-sign a mid season replacement. Tolbert is off to about as bad of a start as possible.

I wonder if we could get Cedrick Wilson back from the Dolphins. Sounds like they haven't been too happy with him... he is making #3 WR money but is the current #4 or #5 on their depth chart. Dude has been passed up and almost never sees the field. If Miami is willing to salary-dump him for a late round pick, I'd bring him back. We know he can play in KM's scheme.
Trade deadline has passed

Carson

Reaction score
Going to be sad when Callaway sees the field before Washington does

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His last good year was 2018. So he fits right in
He didn't play much after 2018 due to multiple suspensions.

He has proven on-field ability in the NFL.

His issues are 100% character/mental.

Talent is terrific.

He was universally considered a 1st round talent but he was off most team's draft boards due to character issues.

Many draft analysts thought he was the best WR in that draft but most recommended against drafting him in any round.

He can do it all on the field.
  • Big time speed and hands as a deep WR.
  • Big threat on end arounds or other runs from the backfield.
  • Big time punt/kick returner.
  • Physical with thick lower body.
  • Good route runner in college and seemed to learn the NFL game quickly.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Step right in replace Cooper .
He he a legit player.

Was suspended most of the time since 2018.

If he says out of trouble and gives even just average effort to learn the playbook, he can contribute this season.