Did Wilcox return to the game?

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
missed tv broadcast, only heard on radio, sounded like he got injured. did he return to the game?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
missed tv broadcast, only heard on radio, sounded like he got injured. did he return to the game?

He was the one getting ran over by Denard Robinson at the goal line with the backups. I was rather disappointed that our big-hitting safety didn't win that battle.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
i don't think he ever went out....Church went out for a series or so going through concussion protocol but came back later

Wilcox did hurt one of their receivers with a big shot on the Carter INT

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
He was the one getting ran over by Denard Robinson at the goal line with the backups. I was rather disappointed that our big-hitting safety didn't win that battle.
Thought that was Spilman 37 not 27 but i could be wrong

gimmesix

Reaction score
i don't think he ever went out....Church went out for a series or so going through concussion protocol but came back later

Wilcox did hurt one of their receivers with a big shot on the Carter INT

Yes. Terrible decision on his part.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Thought that was Spilman 37 not 27 but i could be wrong

I thought it was Spillman, too, initially, but I'm pretty sure when I double-checked that it was 27.

I'll check it again when I get the chance.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Just looked at it with the video posted in the news forum and it still looks like a 27 to me. I could easily be wrong, though, because it makes no sense for Wilcox to be in there at that point and the player looks more like Spillman. It's probably just the angle (or my eyes) making it look more like a 2 than a 3.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Terrible on his part but is understandable.

However, I remember Bryant getting blasted after a Romo interception and hurt his back doing it. No call whatsoever. Thus if the refs are going to call it against the Cowboys, they should also do it for us when there's and obvious penalty in place.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Terrible on his part but is understandable.

However, I remember Bryant getting blasted after a Romo interception and hurt his back doing it. No call whatsoever. Thus if the refs are going to call it against the Cowboys, they should also do it for us when there's and obvious penalty in place.

Not sure that makes it understandable. He has to pull up on that play. If Carter somehow had returned it for a touchdown, it would have been called back because he wasn't smart enough to keep it within the rules.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Not sure that makes it understandable. He has to pull up on that play. If Carter somehow had returned it for a touchdown, it would have been called back because he wasn't smart enough to keep it within the rules.

Yes it was dumb. Yet if you look back on film and they INT Romo, Bryant also got hit hard defenselessly and there was no call. Its stupid that our defense gets called for every little thing and when it happens to the Cowboys, the turn away with a blind eye to it. I'll add in the fact that Romo gets hit quite a bit and no calls are made. If that was Payton or Tom Brady, flags will be flying all over the place.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

Not sure he did or even could have known that the ball was picked. He was attacking the WR he though the ball was going to and had it timed (he hoped) to get there right when the ball did. I don't blame him one bit for the effort.

Titleist

Reaction score
Not sure he did or even could have known that the ball was picked. He was attacking the WR he though the ball was going to and had it timed (he hoped) to get there right when the ball did. I don't blame him one bit for the effort.

Exactly. Moreover, that was a totally legal hit...Wilcox led with his shoulder not his head. I don't want to hear any of this "targeting" nonsense, because that's just a fabrication of the sissy league that we play in today. /rant

gimmesix

Reaction score
Exactly. Moreover, that was a totally legal hit...Wilcox led with his shoulder not his head. I don't want to hear any of this "targeting" nonsense, because that's just a fabrication of the sissy league that we play in today. /rant

If it's a late hit, it doesn't matter what he leads with. You have to be aware of what's happening and not just trying to destroy the receiver. The rules don't make it easy, but they are what they are.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

It was Spillman, not Wilcox.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Excellent, textbook hit. Led with the shoulder, no helmet-to-helmet contact.

Gotta make these guys think twice about coming over the middle. A 15-yard penalty here and there I can live with, especially because it didn't negate the INT.

He thought the receiver was going to catch the ball and was going to make sure he couldn't catch it. What kind of ***** *** mindset leads one to just let a WR complete a catch? The NFL has some rules that are just plain dumb - that's one of them. And furthermore, as many have already said, the hit was within the rules, so the flag was wrong.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
It was Spillman, not Wilcox.

Thought so.

I dont get to watch the 22 but what I see from JJ is different then what other people see apparently.
I like JJ but there's always someone saying he sucks am I just missing something here guys?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Thought so.

I dont get to watch the 22 but what I see from JJ is different then what other people see apparently.
I like JJ but there's always someone saying he sucks am I just missing something here guys?

You are missing "Idiot Goggles." Wilcox has played really well this year - your eyes do not deceive you.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

That was Spillman but even then he had to come from the far side and take an angle for the hit instead of head on. He ricocheted off but that did not look like getting run over to me. Helps when the poa guys can get off blocks.

Heath still gives up deep passes into his zone.