Did Wilcox return to the game?

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
He was the one getting ran over by Denard Robinson at the goal line with the backups. I was rather disappointed that our big-hitting safety didn't win that battle.

He's not the big hitter people make him out to be. I have seen him purposely take bad angles at RB running towards him so he could trail the runner to make a tackle from behind.

On the bright side he's making plays on the ball which is encouraging, matter of fact last wk he had a sweet pick which showed his athleticism.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
He was the one getting ran over by Denard Robinson at the goal line with the backups. I was rather disappointed that our big-hitting safety didn't win that battle.

Good use of sarcasm, unfortunately you got your facts wrong.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
When I rewatched it I was still unsure if it was 27 or 37 on that play, can anyone post some pics to put this to rest?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He's not the big hitter people make him out to be. I have seen him purposely take bad angles at RB running towards him so he could trail the runner to make a tackle from behind.

On the bright side he's making plays on the ball which is encouraging, matter of fact last wk he had a sweet pick which showed his athleticism.

He has the same problem most players who go for the big hit have: Hitting running backs in the shoulder pads instead of wrapping up their lower bodies. You don't always win no matter where you hit them because of momentum, the back's power, etc. Wilcox or Spillman looked bad on that play because the hit was high and Robinson just plowed through it.

Barry Church is a good example of a player who hits hard but uses sound form (most of the time). Wilcox will get better at that (even if it wasn't him on the play, he's been guilty of the same thing).

Now, I'm not trying to be hypercritical because I do think he has the ability to have a bright future in this league once he becomes seasoned. He has a good combination of speed and power, definitely isn't afraid to tackle and doesn't show a lack of awareness that would keep him from being solid in coverage.

gimmesix

Reaction score
When I rewatched it I was still unsure if it was 27 or 37 on that play, can anyone post some pics to put this to rest?

I should have rewatched it on the big screen last night because it's too hard for me to tell. Of course, I admit that I do not have the best vision to pick out details like that.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Not sure that makes it understandable. He has to pull up on that play. If Carter somehow had returned it for a touchdown, it would have been called back because he wasn't smart enough to keep it within the rules.

Funny how we are quick to judge someone's intelligence, at what point did he have time to stop and make an intelligent decision. Some of you obviously didn't play the game on any level b/c things happen quickly on the field and there isn't always times to stop and think. Your teammate makes an int. you blocked the first guy next to you.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Funny how we are quick to judge someone's intelligence, at what point did he have time to stop and make an intelligent decision. Some of you obviously didn't play the game on any level b/c things happen quickly on the field and there isn't always times to stop and think. Your teammate makes an int. you blocked the first guy next to you.

That tweren't no block, sir. He went for the big hit on the receiver and didn't locate the ball and make any attempt to pull up. Every player by now understands the rules, even if they don't like them, and you've got to play within them.

It wasn't a smart play ... not saying Wilcox isn't a smart person.

DiResta

Reaction score
It's clearly Spillman. Number 37.
cEf3Dvf.jpg

hope this helps you o_O

CooterBrown

Reaction score
I re-watched the last five minutes of the game (I love dvr) and you are right. It was Wilcox. Spillman played that whole series except for the last two plays. I thought he had played all of it. :)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
no, it was Wilcox. and Denard is about the same size as Wilcox but anyway. it happens.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...6/Robinson-1-yard-TD-run-conversion-succesful

pretty sure this took Wilcox out because Spillman came in for the conversion.

Looking at it again. Wilcox could not get his pads lower than Dennard who was coming right off tackle to get his legs but he did knock him back. Mincey overran it and gave up on the play. McClain slightly overran it. Lawrence got swallowed up and destroyed by a guard. Keith Smith couldn't navigate traffic and ran into Lawrence. Crawford let himself get pancaked.

Wilcox led with his helmet trying to get down at his legs and I can see why he came out of the game. He rang his bell but good. Don't really see how that is a negative even if he wasn't able to make the play by himself.

I'm not worried about his tackling and he is starting to make plays on the ball in the passing game.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Wilcox injured his shoulder and will have an MRI. The staff thinks he'll be fine and will practice next week.