Did yesterday change any of your minds on Romo?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
so aikman would have succeeded with:

our current OL
our current WR's
our current RB's
our current coaching

cause it was aikman.

you run to the simple cause it's simple, and continue to be in denial over.

we can do this all day.

a team wins and a team gives spotlight players the room to do what they do.

we don't have a good team and it sucks.

blaming romo is convenience.

Aikman wouldn't have made some of the critical ill-timed mistakes Romo has made therefore he would have won some games that Romo didn't. Aikman would not have made the mistake Romo did in the final 2 minutes vs Denver. I'm basing my opinion off how many clutch throws Aikman made in games that were far bigger than Romo has ever played in. A great QB who has great leadership skills can elevate the play of their entire team. Denver was an 8-8 team prior to Manning taking over. A lot of the pieces on that team that look unstoppable with Manning were there before he arrived.

That team didn't look very good with Orton and Tebow. Aikman would do with Dez what he did with Irvin. Harper was just another receiver once he left Dallas. Denver has been dominating teams with 2 of their best defensive players missing because Manning has turned their offense into a juggernaut. No one is putting all the blame on Romo but as the QB he's responsible for taking care of the football in a critical situation. Would you not agree? What we're seeing with Romo isn't some unfortunate freak fluke of luck it's a troubling trend that rears it's ugly head every season.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
aikman never threw for 500 yards.

he never had to.

i'm sorry that is lost on you but it is.

romo isn't our problem. we just rely on him to be everything and give him nothing to support him.

idiots blowing chunks out their cheeks blame romo.

i fully agree we don't have a solid team. in fact, that's my point. but my point is also 1 person isn't the sole source of agony.

aikman didn't play in a social media era.

in an IGS situation.

how to build a long term solution is the key. not blaming 1 person for not being everything.

romo is amazing.

the rest of the team, not.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
it's far from a lovefest over his numbers.

its why he's had to put up those #'s.

balance wins. we don't have it so he has to try to do more and that's a bad road to go down.

period.

aikman had irvin, smith, johnston, and so many others.

name me the same quality around romo.

It's a lovefest over his numbers and it's his numbers that have some claiming he's a better QB than Staubach and Aikman. Every QB has to put up numbers look at the numbers Manning is putting up this season. He's putting numbers up at a record pace. If balance wins Denver wouldn't be winning they're winning because they have a QB that's been unstoppable the first 5 games of the season. Denver's offense ranks #1 and their defense ranks 29th which is one spot worse than the Cowboys. Throw Tebow back in with Denver's offense and see what happens. It's a passing league and you have to throw the ball to win games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
aikman never threw for 500 yards.

he never had to.

He never had to because he played in a different era with different rules. If you haven't noticed the game has changed since Aikman played it's a passing league now and every QB's numbers are inflated. You have QB's putting up 400 yards almost as often as QB's passed for 300 yards during Aikman's day. Wish some of you would stop trying to compare Romo's numbers with QB's who played in different era's.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
No he is what he is. A good QB who went undrafted and worked his butt off to get where he is today. He isn't perfect and he is prone to making mistakes because his mentality during the game is about making plays first and foremost. He rarely throws the ball away and will take sacks waiting for something to open up. After seven years he isn't going to change. Defenses know this and can gamble more with the game on the line by getting pressure on Romo forcing him to hit his checkdowns usually Witten who isn't gonna get much yardage, or he is gonna hurry his throw into coverage waiting for plays to develop to avoid a sack. He has one of the quickest releases in the NFL and we hardly take advantage of it. We rarely try any screens in those situations. It's like we are rolling the dice hoping maybe the play breaks down and romo can scramble from the pocket and make something happen instead of rolling him out and trying something different.

Also he can't do it alone. He needs help along the way from other playmakers either on offense or defense to step up and make plays. Sunday he had his best day career wise even out dueled Peyton and it still wasn't enough because the defense couldn't step up when we needed them the most. And the rest was just de ja vu same results different team. Still had over two minutes in game and all three timeouts and only need 3 points to win. And we come out calling plays that send receivers 10 plus yards down field and romo sacked waiting. Makes no sense. Has fail written all over it.