Did yesterday change any of your minds on Romo?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The D played horrible like it has all season but the game came down to Romo and he turned the ball over. It always happens with him in the final minutes he's the undisputed king of the ill-timed mistake.

the defense stops any of the drives, it's not on romo. i can't count how many times i've seen romo put us ahead and the D just give it right back over the last 2-3 years.

craig57

Reaction score
Romo is a good QB just snake bitten.If he doesn't win anything the rest of his career he will be known as a QB that was prone to mistakes at the most critical times. Im not blaming him for yesterdays game, he played great.The D was pitiful but the O was fun to watch,hope they can keep it up.This team could be a fun team to watch.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Romo is a good QB just snake bitten.If he doesn't win anything the rest of his career he will be known as a QB that was prone to mistakes at the most critical times. Im not blaming him for yesterdays game, he played great.The D was pitiful but the O was fun to watch,hope they can keep it up.This team could be a fun team to watch.

He is the QB whose D gave up 51 points and he got blamed for the loss.

sillycon

Reaction score
He is the QB whose D gave up 51 points and he got blamed for the loss.

I don't think you'll get any argument that the defense stunk (although I would say that the defense gave Romo a chance to make up that 15 pt. deficit). That said, here's Romo with over 2 minutes in a tie game with a chance to win it. First play, pressure but still has time but somehow gets sacked when he should have thrown the ball away. Second play, the INT. He could have shut up the detractors with a game winning drive against the media darling that is Peyton and the Broncos but alas, he didn't. I so want him to get rid of the perception that he keeps us in games. I want a guy who WINS us a game in the end.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I don't think you'll get any argument that the defense stunk (although I would say that the defense gave Romo a chance to make up that 15 pt. deficit). That said, here's Romo with over 2 minutes in a tie game with a chance to win it. First play, pressure but still has time but somehow gets sacked when he should have thrown the ball away. Second play, the INT. He could have shut up the detractors with a game winning drive against the media darling that is Peyton and the Broncos but alas, he didn't. I so want him to get rid of the perception that he keeps us in games. I want a guy who WINS us a game in the end.

the defense gave romo a chance to make up a 15 pt deficit? you mean like the 14 point lead they blew?

use the same eyes for all stories and you'll see something new.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
We all know what Tony is capable of so I'm not suprised by his performance. Too bad it ended the way it did because he balled his heart out!

seamus18

Reaction score
Just look at the numbers, if you don't believe me. I went back and rewatched the game and noticed quite a few things. Not one time did he sack Peyton, not once! He never even got any pressure on him. Are you serious?And let's not even talk about his coverage skills! He couldn't cover anyone Sunday. Useless! Short yardage, goalline, 3rd down...not one tackle. Come on! I expected more, hell he couldn't even run the kickoffs out past the 20. When he didn't make that crucial tackle at the goalline at the end of the game to get us the ball back, I had seen enough. The numbers don't lie folks...Choker!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
his pass rush sucked. let's face it.

romo got ZERO pressure on manning and when manning dunked it off to moreno for short gains, romo simply wasn't there.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
the defense stops any of the drives, it's not on romo. i can't count how many times i've seen romo put us ahead and the D just give it right back over the last 2-3 years.

It's on Romo to protect the football and not turn it over at the most critical moment in the game. He's getting paid the big bucks to get it done when games are on the line. He did what he's known for making the big mistake at the worst possible time. The defense played terrible all day but the game was tied with just over 2 minutes to play and it came down to Romo. His turnover put the D in a position where they had to defend a short field vs Peyton Manning. Sundays game was one of the greatest games in NFL history but sadly for Cowboy fans it will mostly be remembered for another huge Romo mistake. His huge mistakes always occur in the final moments which end up leaving a lasting impression. For 58 minutes he was playing one of the greatest games a QB has ever played and screwed it all up in the final 2 minutes.

He had an opportunity on the Cowboys final drive to not only win the game but break Norm Van Brocklin's 62 year old record of 554 yards and do against one of the best teams the NFL has seen in years. What a feather in Romo's cap that would have been to accomplish a feat like that against a great team being led by a future HOF QB. It would have been a huge skin on his wall that could have helped change the negative perception many have of him. Although it wasn't a playoff/elimination game it would have been a performance for the ages and now all anyone will remember is Romo folding when the game was on the line. I honestly feel sorry for Romo he has a real problem dealing with pressure situations and It's all in his head. It all stems back to the fumbled snap in Seattle in 06.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
it's on the defense to stop a drive.

we can do this all day long. you take the last issue and forget the road that got us there.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I never questioned him in the first place. That's for the media and those pulling from their low hanging fruit tree.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
it's on the defense to stop a drive.

we can do this all day long. you take the last issue and forget the road that got us there.

It's also on the QB to not turn the ball over when the game is on the line would you not agree? Romo's turnover put Denver in FG range and left the defense having to defend a short field. You give Peyton Manning and Denver a break like that with time running down you're done. The road that got us there always seems to have a pothole nearing the end that keeps us from completing the journey. Yards, TD's and passer rating don't mean anything if you don't win the game. It's not a about stats it's about winning.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It's also on the QB to not turn the ball over when the game is on the line would you not agree? The road that got us there always seems to have a pothole nearing the end that keeps us from completing the journey. Yards, TD's and passer rating don't mean anything if you don't win the game. It's not a about stats it's about winning.

you put someone in a bag of ****, don't get surprised when you get a bag of ****.

a team gets the win.

in the world of the IGS, a player gets the blame.

would romo succeed with what aikman had?

would aikman succeed today?

dupree89

Reaction score
Yards, TD's and passer rating don't mean anything if you don't win the game. It's not a about stats it's about winning.

Thank you. After reading so many posts today, I had to go back and check the score....I was starting to believe the Cowboys won this game after reading the lovefest on here.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I love me some Romo. He is my favorite player. Despite our team being average for so many years now, its great to see Romo in action and sling it all over the field. His performance was awesome yesterday. But Romo has that something most QBs do not have. If he had a better team around him we would have already won championships with him as QB.

The day when Romo decides to leave the playing field, is the day many of us will regret it. It will be a sad day in Dallas when he decides to retire.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Thank you. After reading so many posts today, I had to go back and check the score....I was starting to believe the Cowboys won this game after reading the lovefest on here.

Well at least your subconscious knows who's responsible for the loss.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you put someone in a bag of ****, don't get surprised when you get a bag of ****.

a team gets the win.

in the world of the IGS, a player gets the blame.

would romo succeed with what aikman had?

would aikman succeed today?

A team gets the win but the QB receives a brunt of the blame for the loss when they turn the ball over in their own end of the field with time running down especially when they have a reputation for doing that. Could Romo have made the play to Harper with 4 minutes to play deep in Cowboys territory on the road in SF in the NFC title game with the Cowboys clinging to a 3 point lead? From what I've seen with Romo he would have thrown a pick in that situation.

Aikman would succeed today because he was a great leader who made plays in big games. He made some huge plays in situations that Romo has consistently folded in. Romo is a great statistical QB who can never come through in the clutch in a spotlighted game. It's a fact that some continue to be in denial over.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
so aikman would have succeeded with:

our current OL
our current WR's
our current RB's
our current coaching

cause it was aikman.

you run to the simple cause it's simple, and continue to be in denial over.

we can do this all day.

a team wins and a team gives spotlight players the room to do what they do.

we don't have a good team and it sucks.

blaming romo is convenience.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

It's a lovefest over Romo's numbers. His career passer rating alone makes some swoon. As long as he put's up yards, TD's and has a great passer rating some could care less about the outcome of the game or if he folded in the end. They'll just blame his big mistake on his ribs, receivers or not having a perfectly clean pocket with at least 4 seconds to scan the field. If you listen to some here it's going to take the stars aligning just right for Romo to come through in a clutch situation in a spotlighted game.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
it's far from a lovefest over his numbers.

its why he's had to put up those #'s.

balance wins. we don't have it so he has to try to do more and that's a bad road to go down.

period.

aikman had irvin, smith, johnston, and so many others.

name me the same quality around romo.