Did yesterdays game change your opinion of Drew?

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
Yesterday Drew answered a lot of critics with another GW drive. I wonder if Drew's best game on the heels of his worse g ame has changed anyones opinion.

ZenItRam

Reaction score
It didn't change my opinion of Drew, but it did give me hope for the O-line and playcalling by Payton.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
big_neil said:
Yesterday Drew answered a lot of critics with another GW drive. I wonder if Drew's best game on the heels of his worse g ame has changed anyones opinion.

My opinion has not changed. Give Drew some time and he will get the job done. The guy has a gun for an arm and is very accurate all he needs is the big boys in front of him to do their job.

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time the flea flicker failed with Drew. He's had at least 5 since 2004.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
My opinion has not changed. Give Drew some time and he will get the job done. The guy has a gun for an arm and is very accurate all he needs is the big boys in front of him to do their job.

The guy had I think 3 passes that should have been picked and run back for a td ...one was blocked at the line of scrimmage... one was dropped by the defender and the third was only half his fault (*Parcells thinking not mine)as it bounced off Campbells hands if I remember correctly...

* Parcells once said in a press conference that a QB has to know who he is throwing to and that if a guy has a tendenciey <sic>to pop the ball up that the QB has to know that and make the throw accordingly

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Give Drew time and he can kill a team. He's always been that way and still is. Forgive me for being a broken record, but it's the OL that is at fault.

wileedog

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
The guy had I think 3 passes that should have been picked and run back for a td ...one was blocked at the line of scrimmage... one was dropped by the defender and the third was only half his fault (*Parcells thinking not mine)as it bounced off Campbells hands if I remember correctly...

Which one was dropped by a defender other than the one off Campbells hands?

hogwild

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
damn you could say the same thing in reference to our other DREW

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zaxor said:

* Parcells once said in a press conference that a QB has to know who he is throwing to and that if a guy has a tendenciey <sic>to pop the ball up that the QB has to know that and make the throw accordingly

And the point is? Look Bledsoe deserves credit for a damn good game just as he catches hell for a bad game. The man threw for over 300 with 3 TD passes No ints and brought Dallas from behind through out the game including the last drive by the offense. As for a pass that should have been picked every QB out there has some passes that could have or should have been picked. Some of you guys are too busy looking for some excuse to slam Bledsoe to try and prove your point that he is some poor QB. Think what you will but he is clearly the best QB this team has had in a damn long time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
hogwild said:
damn you could say the same thing in reference to our other DREW

Getting time and knowing what to do with that time are two different things.

juice28

Reaction score
A veteran QB can adjust from his so-called "weaknesses". Was it me or did Drew get rid of the football a whole lot faster than previous games?

hogwild

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Getting time and knowing what to do with that time are two different things.
DH has shown that he can hit the open man.

DB should not even be on this team (JMO)

he is just holding back our future. We aren't

gonna make a legitimate run at the SB this year

anyway. Next year team will make a run but i don't

think it's gonna look very much like this team JMO

(offensively)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
hogwild said:
DH has shown that he can hit the open man.

DB should not even be on this team (JMO)

he is just holding back our future. We aren't

gonna make a legitimate run at the SB this year

anyway. Next year team will make a run but i don't

think it's gonna look very much like this team JMO

(offensively)

Your right that is your opinion. I don't think the future is being held back at all. fact is no other QB on this team is ready to take over unless your trying to play for the 1st pick in the draft and I don't buy into the thinking that you win the SB or the season is a failure not when your team has been down for as long as we have.

hogwild

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Your right that is your opinion. I don't think the future is being held back at all. fact is no other QB on this team is ready to take over unless your trying to play for the 1st pick in the draft and I don't buy into the thinking that you win the SB or the season is a failure not when your team has been down for as long as we have.
The team is being held back if the one leading it can't/won't

lead you to a championship. (again opinion...but NE didn't win til

his butt was on the bench ...that is not opinion :D )

And it is just your opinion that no other QB on the team is ready

to take over. as much as i don't like BP, he would have at least one

serviceable qb behind DB. I like DH but Romo has a little something

too. I don't think DB is here next yr unless he wins it all. Fresh legs

will win out. JMO and you have yours

Doomsday101

Reaction score
hogwild said:
The team is being held back if the one leading it can't/won't

lead you to a championship. (again opinion...but NE didn't win til

his butt was on the bench ...that is not opinion :D )

And it is just your opinion that no other QB on the team is ready

to take over. as much as i don't like BP, he would have at least one

serviceable qb behind DB. I like DH but Romo has a little something

too. I don't think DB is here next yr unless he wins it all. Fresh legs

will win out. JMO and you have yours

Dallas like any team will make it to the SB because of the team not just 1 man. Are you saying Manning is a bad QB because he has no rings? Maybe the Colts should bench him. As for Bledsoe being here next year I have no doubt he will return next season and a very good possibility the year after. In the meantime Dallas needs to find a QB for the future beyond Bledsoe.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big_neil said:
I don't change my opinion from 1 game to the next.

My opinion of him remains we need to keep him upright and healthy for our best chance to win this year. I also think he is a gunslinger QB who should be throwing to set up the run instead of our offense trying to run to set up his throws.

He's a late in his career bandaid trying to stop a lot of bleeding and is doing a decent job at it.

That has been my opinion from day 1 and nothing has changed. I doubt it will change regardless of outcome this season. If he starts in 2006 I'll be fine with it. If he is a 1 and done QB I will be fine with it. I expect him back and that hasn't changed either.

I don't worship the ground he walks on but I'm very happy with him overall.

hogwild

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Dallas like any team will make it to the SB because of the team not just 1 man. Are you saying Manning is a bad QB because he has no rings? Maybe the Colts should bench him. As for Bledsoe being here next year I have no doubt he will return next season and a very good possibility the year after. In the meantime Dallas needs to find a QB for the future beyond Bledsoe.
One man may not get a team to the SB, but one man can keep them

from getting there. by the way that is a fact.

I didn't say a darn thing about Manning, but since you did.

Bledsoe ain't Manning. if you can't see the difference :rolleyes:

Bledsoe is as guaranteed to be here as much as Peerless Price

Jerry is not tied to him or Bill Parcell for that matter. Bill can get it

done but if a prettier more attractive, just as successful, more potent

head coach becomes available ...buh-bye Bill

by-the-way i don't think Bill is very successful his time in Dallas so far

he needs to be better than .500 pretty quick .

I don't think he has been money well spent so far. (record-wise)

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
The guy had I think 3 passes that should have been picked and run back for a td ...

The guy also had I think 3 games that should have been won by kicking a FG.

Drew now has 20 TDs 11 INT 3035 Yards and 89.5 rating.

Better than Rick Mirer.