Did you EVER think T.O. would be a Cowboy after the "midfield star incident?"

tskyler

Reaction score
I know not many people will believe this, but the moment it happened, I knew he would be a Cowboy. There are just certain weird story lines that are too bizarre not to happen. This was one of them. Deface the star -> Become a cowboy... Just too easy to see where it was leading. It seemed clear at the time that TO was showboating for self-promotion not really doing anything because he had some inner hate of the Cowboys. We get riled up, so of course karma forces us to have to deal with him coming over at some point in the future. I was just surprised at how long it took to get him. I thought for sure as soon as he left SF he was coming here.

Skyler

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
I never thought of it, but when he was free from Philly, I (secretly) liked the idea of him being aquired and since he's been here, I'm very glad he is.

Even with the QB problems, I was impressed with his ability, and couldn't help but scream at the television, as to why Bledsoe was ignoring him.

I was even happier the night Bledsoe was pulled, becuase then I knew that Owens would eventually be more involved, without the Bledsoe/Glenn love affair.

I know a seriously dismal season could bring about the old TO, but he's a great receiver and an important part of the team, in keeping them from being dismal.

Homer

Reaction score
Well, for me the worst part of the star incident was that the 49ers won. It was like he got the last laugh.

I never really followed Owens until he went to the Eagles and there was no denying his talent. And like another poster said, i found it kind of amusing when he was trashing Mcnabb because I didnt like him either.

But the star incident is a thing of the past and when Owens came to our team I was genuinely excited.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2288051 said:
Obviously, at the time, we were all infuriated at what he did.

But, did you EVER think that he's wear the famous silver helmet after that incident?

I gotta tell ya... I didnt know too much about him in San Fran... but what I did know is he had TALENT. He was passionate. That was missing from our teams then. I wanted him since I saw him in San Fran but I admit I ran with what the media put out there.

During, not after, during the star incident... I was thinking the same thing that Jerry Jones was thinking... how do I get this guy. He goes to Philly. Opportunity lost. But then found again. I knew Jerry would close that deal.

tomson75;2288070 said:
According to some of these people, TO still isn't a 'real Cowboy'.

http://i85.***BLOCKED***/albums/k68/thompson75/fullgetty-71644821rm009_dallas_cowb.jpg

I wonder how many of them have changed their mind....

I remember seeing that image for the first time. I am sure MANY have changed their mind since then. That Banner is from early in TO's first season with Cowboys. He is now going into 3rd year with us.

CATCH17;2288075 said:
I wanted him as soon as I found out Philly might release him. I knew Irvin liked him and I thought it was pretty cool when he wore an Irvin jersey after a game.

Just to throw this out there I was the first person on this board to call for Tank Johnson as well.

Yep. I had no doubt. Especially when I saw people posting "never happen" or "I will not be a Cowboy fan anymore" blah blah blah... lol

Me too on Tank.

thechosen1n2;2288100 said:
no, but i tell you when i did know...when he was wearing irvins jersey after we SHA-LACKED the eagles in Texas stadium a few years back.

Yeah that was a major slap. TO let them have it. A Cowboys jersey in Eagles locker room lmao

Homer;2288615 said:
But the star incident is a thing of the past and when Owens came to our team I was genuinely excited.

Absolutely. I remember where I was for that Press Conference. My g/f at the time is asking "why are you so excited?, who is that? etc..."

I was pumped. I saw him taking that slant to the house for Dallas.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
When TO was suspended by the Eagles, and then seen wearing a Michael Irvin jersey, I came to this site and posed the question in a thread, "What would you do if TO was a Cowboy?"

While there were some that were angry about the incident, I was surprised to see how many got on board with the idea, however reluctantly.

But the central theme seemed to be here and other places was how long before he blows up again.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I always hoped for it with him being my favorite player, when he stood on the star it was just fitting that he would end up wearing it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
vta;2288609 said:
I never thought of it, but when he was free from Philly, I (secretly) liked the idea of him being aquired and since he's been here, I'm very glad he is.

Even with the QB problems, I was impressed with his ability, and couldn't help but scream at the television, as to why Bledsoe was ignoring him.

I was even happier the night Bledsoe was pulled, becuase then I knew that Owens would eventually be more involved, without the Bledsoe/Glenn love affair.

I know a seriously dismal season could bring about the old TO, but he's a great receiver and an important part of the team, in keeping them from being dismal.

Remember in his first season here, he sat out the entire TC with a hammy injury. If anything, it hurt any timing and rhythm he could have developed with Bledsoe. Remember in wk1 against Jax-3rd quarter, Owens gets wide open on a post route near the endzone, Bledsoe overthrows him. On that same drive, Suisham misses a 30 yarder. Otherwise, it could have been 24-17 Dallas, and we would have had the momentum the rest of the way. Otherwise, Jax grabbed the momentum from there.

And then the 1st Eagles game, Bledsoe underthrew Owens twice that would have went for TDs-it looked like both weren't on the same page.

Ultimately-it wouldn't have mattered-we would have won those 2 games and gotten off to a very hot start. But it would have given Parcells plenty of reasons to stick with Bledsoe, and Bledsoe would have found a way to stink it up anyways at the end. So if anything, these 2 losses were probably the best thing that happened to us, as the torch was passed to Romo.

Reaction score
I only hoped he would be part of the team but never actually thought he would be. I am a fan of the game and a fan of talent.

I know most people here hate Randy Moss, but he is another guy I wouldnt mind having. I support my guys but am not a homer. I respect talent when I see it and would welcome ANYONE that made this team better.

Except maybe McFlabb, Brandon Jacobs and Plaxico...:)

Boysboy

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2288779 said:
I only hoped he would be part of the team but never actually thought he would be. I am a fan of the game and a fan of talent.

I know most people here hate Randy Moss, but he is another guy I wouldnt mind having. I support my guys but am not a homer. I respect talent when I see it and would welcome ANYONE that made this team better.

Except maybe McFlabb, Brandon Jacobs and Plaxico...:)

Moss is nothing more than a one-trick pony. He's probably the most dangerous deep threat who draws multiple coverage, but that's ALL he can do. He doesn't like going over the middle, he hates contact, and when things aren't going right, he gives up on plays.

Owens, OTOH, is very good at getting off of press coverage, and he's very dangerous catching passes over the middle.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
gazmc_06;2288761 said:
I always hoped for it with him being my favorite player, when he stood on the star it was just fitting that he would end up wearing it.

I always thought there was a deep, down desire to be a Cowboy when that happened.