Did you guys notice Jenkins' footwork on the smoke and go to Kelly?

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
That was amazing technique, footwork and catch up speed. 90 % of DBs in this league would have been blown by on that route.

He was literally sprinting forward as the WR was sprinting the other way on his route and was still able to get a jam on him and show amazing catch up speed.

This kid is just balling out of his mind.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
newnationcb;3177315 said:
That was amazing technique, footwork and catch up speed. 90 % of DBs in this league would have been blown by on that route.

He was literally sprinting forward as the WR was sprinting the other way on his route and was still able to get a jam on him and show amazing catch up speed.

This kid is just balling out of his mind.

He is certainly playing with alot of confidence right now

AtlCB

Reaction score
Mike Jenkins is quickly becoming a pro bowl corner.

Jenkins, Austin, and Free have made a big impact this season.

gmb85

Reaction score
He's one of the main reasons why I trust this defense more.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
They thought they could catch Mike on a double move...

*Dikembe finger wave*

NOPE

Eskimo

Reaction score
AtlCB;3177346 said:
Mike Jenkins is quickly becoming a pro bowl corner.

Jenkins, Austin, and Free have made a big impact this season.

If Free sees the bench again, Garrett and Houck need to receive a serious beating.

Eskimo

Reaction score
JBell523;3177359 said:
They thought they could catch Mike on a double move...

*Dikembe finger wave*

NOPE

Well they did catch him, but they still couldn't beat him.

This is one aspect of his game that he'll have to get better on over time. A faster WR might have got him.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Yes. And I also noticed Jenkins rapidly becomeing one of my favorite players on this team.

I am so excited about his progress.

I think some credit has to go to Dave Campo. The guy is a horrific HC but he sure does seem to be a fantastic secondary coach!

JBell

Reaction score
Eskimo;3177382 said:
Well they did catch him, but they still couldn't beat him.

This is one aspect of his game that he'll have to get better on over time. A faster WR might have got him.

Campbell would have had to make a perfect throw to beat him.

He recovered nicely.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3177406 said:
Yes. And I also noticed Jenkins rapidly becomeing one of my favorite players on this team.

I am so excited about his progress.

I think some credit has to go to Dave Campo. The guy is a horrific HC but he sure does seem to be a fantastic secondary coach!

How dare you try to give credit to a Cowboys coach :cool:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
newnationcb;3177424 said:
How dare you try to give credit to a Cowboys coach :cool:

Honestly, I am not a fan of Wades or Garrett's as I don't think they are the long term answer for us, but right now they are doing a pretty good job (unless it's 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1). SO I will give them that.

But Campo and Coach D has been outstanding (to channel Jon Gruden).

johnnyd

Reaction score
ok i'll be the first to admit it , i wanted antonie cason or kenny phillps when we took jenkins instead . i was absolutley wrong and im happy to say it!..

now if we only took chris johnson instead of felix.......lol sorry

Eskimo

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3177420 said:
Mike Jenkins is a BALLER! He's playing on another level right now.

He's the best we've had since Deion. It may be sacrilege but I think when you combine his coverage with his tackling you're probably getting a player about as good as Deion was. It really doesn't look like anyone can take him deep right now. His recovery speed is too fast, he plays perfect technique, he spots the ball well and he is intercepting them way more than they are being completed.

Has anyone beat him deep yet this year?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;3177485 said:
He's the best we've had since Deion. It may be sacrilege but I think when you combine his coverage with his tackling you're probably getting a player about as good as Deion was. It really doesn't look like anyone can take him deep right now. His recovery speed is too fast, he plays perfect technique, he spots the ball well and he is intercepting them way more than they are being completed.

nope, and even when he was legitimately beat for a TD (that endzone drop against the Saints) he was right there with the guy, he just slipped up locating the ball

JBell

Reaction score
Eskimo;3177485 said:

Only thing I can think of is when Mario Manningham got him on a double move in week 2... But even then he was right there.

Eskimo

Reaction score
johnnyd;3177480 said:
ok i'll be the first to admit it , i wanted antonie cason or kenny phillps when we took jenkins instead . i was absolutley wrong and im happy to say it!..

now if we only took chris johnson instead of felix.......lol sorry

I really don't think we should have been drafting RB that high in the draft.

i wanted Ray Rice or jamaal charles in the second - possible trade down scenario.

Having said that, Felix is a first round quality RB. He just isn't given the ball enough because Garrett is in love with Barber.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3177492 said:
nope, and even when he was legitimately beat for a TD (that endzone drop against the Saints) he was right there with the guy, he just slipped up locating the ball

That was a different situation as a broken play with both players standing in the end zone.

i'm talking about a deep fly or post route.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Eskimo;3177372 said:
If Free sees the bench again, Garrett and Houck need to receive a serious beating.

So when columbo comes back who is Free better than, so they Free can get playing time. Yes he is doing a stand up job but remember the Eagles put the "Turnstyle" Justice at RT after he allowed McFlabb to get sacked 6 times at LT. RT grow on trees, they are a dime a dozen, it is the blindside tackle that needs looking at and I don't think he is strong enough or quick enough for LT duty.