Did you hear Steve Dennis questions to Rob Ryan today?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
say what you want about him, the guy cracks me up with his trollish questions at every PC.

2:30 and 4:30 mark.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multim...Decision/6b4699b4-c599-497d-9cb6-47d239acb4f0

got to love rob's smirk after the 2nd question. i kinda miss him. it sucks how he was scapegoated.

I was excited when we picked up RR but what was the deal about missing coaching sessions, etc.? I am seriously asking because though I think he tried to do too much at times in terms of creative scheming with elementary students and guys off the street to make up for injuries, he has the smarts and ability. It seems that his brother's ego has calmed since his job with Jets has been "somewhat" secured, wondering if the same is capable from RR bc he hasn't had the same HC opportunity. Really thought he would take over as HC eventually tbh, so I am very aware how wrong I can be...definitely got the raw end in terms of the tools and time to implement his creative schemes, etc.

mldardy

Reaction score

blackbull

Reaction score
I like kiffin. Only blame I put on kiffin is the Detroit game. Other than that, if people can't see our sorry dline is to blame for our issues you are crazy. This defense is more injured than any unit rob had. Ill take the turnovers thus defense creates over what rob brought.

Manster54

Reaction score
What sucks is he was hired here in the 1st place. A mediocre coordinator and definitely not missed. All the sideline antics and other nonsense was ridiculous.

Completely agree. Dallas never should have hired the fat pirate. Embarrassment clown of a coach.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I like kiffin. Only blame I put on kiffin is the Detroit game. Other than that, if people can't see our sorry dline is to blame for our issues you are crazy. This defense is more injured than any unit rob had. Ill take the turnovers thus defense creates over what rob brought.

The same dline that has 2 pro bowl caliber players in Ware, Hatcher... and some guy named Selvie, a guy on pace for 10 sacks this year?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Completely agree. Dallas never should have hired the fat pirate. Embarrassment clown of a coach.
Dallas' notoriety made this one of the worst fits for him as outspoken as he is.

Garrett also should have muzzled him, which he was unable to do. It is one thing to be arrogant, brash and crazy around the team. It is another to allow that personality to leak into the media world where bulletin board material can be generated. Payton seems to have trained him on how to handle that to a degree.

He also was a bad fit because of his doglike faith towards all of his players. It was too close to the optimism from the very top that makes self-evaluation one of this team's worst organizational skills.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
say what you want about him, the guy cracks me up with his trollish questions at every PC.

2:30 and 4:30 mark.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multim...Decision/6b4699b4-c599-497d-9cb6-47d239acb4f0

got to love rob's smirk after the 2nd question. i kinda miss him. it sucks how he was scapegoated.

Completely scapegoated. A quality coach is gone so the lunatic owner can appease his fan base with another year of more of the same.

And of course those fans got sucked right in. The 4-3 is a great fit. It's an easier defense to learn, so injuries won't be as much of a factor. Players can come in off the street and play it. Remember that? As if you build your defensive philosophy around the rare rash of injuries you suffered in 2012.

We took a step back there and another step back handing the play calling to Bill Callahan. Who is not, in any way, a better offensive mind than Jason Garrett.

This is why it's a playoffs or bust year for Garrett. He's the remaining untouched set of deck chairs on this sinking ship. The fan base will fail in line blaming yet another coach for the sins of the owner and his first born son.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I don't like any of the Ryan's. Don't like Rob, don't like Rex and I especially don't like their father Buddy.

All of them have never won anything and are the epitome of what the word "overrated" means.

I don't want them on my team in any way.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett also should have muzzled him, which he was unable to do. It is one thing to be arrogant, brash and crazy around the team. It is another to allow that personality to leak into the media world where bulletin board material can be generated. Payton seems to have trained him on how to handle that to a degree. ..

Listen to the presser. It's the exact same combination of smirking bombast and insincere self-deference he always had. If you didn't roll your eyes at him saying how few better coaches than he had been fired, I don't know what to tell you.

The man was let go because his defenses in Dallas didn't take the ball away. Period. The Scapegoat fantasy stuff doesn't even make any sense.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Listen to the presser. It's the exact same combination of smirking bombast and insincere self-deference he always had. If you didn't roll your eyes at him saying how few better coaches than he had been fired, I don't know what to tell you.

The man was let go because his defenses in Dallas didn't take the ball away. Period. The Scapegoat fantasy stuff doesn't even make any sense.
There is still an element of scapegoating.

There had to be people made to be "uncomfortable" and honestly Jones has said it himself, they wanted an defense less complicated: "He can have a lot going on and we wanted less going on."

They wanted a more plain and simple defensive staff that stressed turnovers better, taught more fundamentals than scheme. Well, he got his wish. It is just that we are not seeing it result in yardage or on the scoreboard, in part due to injuries.

blackbull

Reaction score
The same dline that has 2 pro bowl caliber players in Ware, Hatcher... and some guy named Selvie, a guy on pace for 10 sacks this year?

Ware hasn't been pro bowl caliber. Selvie gets pressure twice a game. I'm not going to argue with anyone about this. You can miss Rob all you want

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
There is still an element of scapegoating.

There had to be people made to be "uncomfortable" and honestly Jones has said it himself, they wanted an defense less complicated: "He can have a lot going on and we wanted less going on."

They wanted a more plain and simple defensive staff that stressed turnovers better, taught more fundamentals than scheme. Well, he got his wish. It is just that we are not seeing it result in yardage or on the scoreboard, in part due to injuries.

That's fair. I never thought he was all that good. Has an amazing knowledge level, and ability to create complex schemes, but didn't think he taught them very well or made good decisions. That said, I do believe too much of the blame was put on him.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score

Yea, says the guy who said you wished all the Ryans were dead.

The hate you guys have is ridiculous.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, says the guy who said you wished all the Ryans were dead.

The hate you guys have is ridiculous.

That doesn't sound like me to say something that classless. But, yeah, I "hate" the Ryan family and what Buddy Ryan represented to the Dallas Cowboys. Only there's absolutely nothing ridiculous about that.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score

Blind as a bat..

I forgot that in the Denver game. It was the D-linemen getting torched right off of the line by the Denver WR's... Please..