Didn't take long for the Chicken Littles

Grevus

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Boy, didn't take long for the whiners to come out.

Parcells stinks!

Testeverde stinks!

Roy Williams stinks!

OL stinks!

Everything stinks!

I can't believe what I read here sometimes. I sure am glad no one on this board owns the team.

Get rid of Parcells? Are you kidding? Next year, I'm sure you'll all be praising him again.

It's been a bad year. Certainly, I was hoping for better. Today was very disappointing. Yes, Vinny was awful. But we were in playoff contention, and Drew just isn't ready yet.

I think Vinny gets the start next week against Philly. Just for the simple fact that Drew will get killed otherwise. We may see him some in the last two games.

I think Bill's had a tough time this year; not because he's lost "it", but because of what he lost. He lost several starting CBs, Darren Woodson for the season, Julius Jones for much of the season, Terry Glenn for most of the season, and had to start the year by cutting last year's starting QB.

He's a gambler, and he lost on several gambles. Rest assured it isnt' likely to happen again next season. Reporters have already said that BP isn't going to be as shy about the $$$$ this season. We have two first round picks to play with.

I know most posters that come here after games are only venting. But don't forsake common sense.

I agree with you. My only fear is we will see more Wiley type players or old BP guys.

BlueWave

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I haven't seen too many bonehead decisions. Parcells is a gambler. Last year we loved him for it. Also this year think of all the injuries that have hamstrung us. Could part of his decision making have anything to do with the problems we have with personnel?
I don't think Vinny is a good QB anymore. But he's all that we have right now. Neither Drew nor Romo are ready. Vinny, whether we want to agree with it or not, gave us our best chance to win. Posters on this board are criticizing Parcells for playing Vinny. But Henson is not ready. We saw on Thanksgiving what would happen if he were put in.

He would be lucky to come away without serious injury. He was getting hit hard against the Bears. We would also not have a real idea of what Julius could do. Teams would not respect our passing game. Now that it appears VT is done physically, teams are loading up on Julius with him in.

That's fine......I think we know what Julius can do now. So having Henson in isn't a bad idea.

Now that our playoff hopes are all but squashed, then we should look at possibly getting Henson some time. But it doesn't matter what any of us think. None of us have the slightest idea of how to win an NFL football game. Parcells does. He knows how to build a team.

Yeah, personnel. He had nothing to do with that, just ask him. He had nothing to do with Testaverde, that was Jones idea.

By the way, he already said "no" to a QB change in his press conference.

Gaede

Reaction score
Newman couldn't stop the final TD...but he played great the rest of the game

He's not a major problem

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
DMX6990 said:
Hey Juke how bout posting the stats line for Antoine Byant today. How did he do?

Sure, the stats are that he had three more catches than Quincy Morgan.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Come on Biz, you know that this happens after virtually every loss.

But this one seemed different as bad a VT was playing.

Why do you think that DH would get killed if he played next week? Do the Eagles have the #1 defense in the league or something? VT didn't even get killed the first time we played them.

I'm all for letting him play against the toughest defenses in the NFL right away. Think about it, the teams that he plays later won't seem too tough and he may have better games against them.

I'd rather he face them now to know what to expect should we make the playoffs next year and all of a sudden he has to face a tough defense. Otherwise, he'll be surprised and crap out.

Take the dress off the man.

I am not against Henson coming in NOW. I think the whining about Parcells is ridiculous.

The man is a great coach. He has to have players though, and he has not had that since he came here. We've also been hit pretty hard with injuries as well.

This post is directed to most of the people that want Parcells out. It's a stupid thing to wish for.

Quicksilver

Benched
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Now that our playoff hopes are all but squashed, then we should look at possibly getting Henson some time. But it doesn't matter what any of us think. None of us have the slightest idea of how to win an NFL football game. Parcells does. He knows how to build a team.

yeah I can tell by the progress this team has made.

I think Parcells is the biggest bust this team has had since Shante Carver.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Bizwah said:

Parcells stinks!

Testeverde stinks!

Roy Williams stinks!

OL stinks!

Everything stinks!

I can't believe what I read here sometimes. I sure am glad no one on this board owns the team.

Get rid of Parcells? Are you kidding? Next year, I'm sure you'll all be praising him again.

It's been a bad year. Certainly, I was hoping for better. Today was very disappointing. Yes, Vinny was awful. But we were in playoff contention, and Drew just isn't ready yet.

I think Vinny gets the start next week against Philly. Just for the simple fact that Drew will get killed otherwise. We may see him some in the last two games.

I think Bill's had a tough time this year; not because he's lost "it", but because of what he lost. He lost several starting CBs, Darren Woodson for the season, Julius Jones for much of the season, Terry Glenn for most of the season, and had to start the year by cutting last year's starting QB.

He's a gambler, and he lost on several gambles. Rest assured it isnt' likely to happen again next season. Reporters have already said that BP isn't going to be as shy about the $$$$ this season. We have two first round picks to play with.

I know most posters that come here after games are only venting. But don't forsake common sense.

I didn't say anything specific. I just said the whole teams sucks. Which is true.

But I didn't say we should get rid of BP. That would be extremely dumb.

Grevus

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I don't think Vinny is a good QB anymore. But he's all that we have right now. Neither Drew nor Romo are ready.

Until this game, I was on board with starting Vinny. We had a chance to make the playoffs. Now we don't. We are not going to beat Philly with this defense. Start Romo or Henson. Let's get them gametime experience and see if either shows a spark. I know that BP see them all week in practice and who would know better then him, but sometimes player can step up during games and maybe Henson or Romo will. I have no confidence that Vinny is the best guy for the job. He has no future with this team. The longer he plays, the longer the quest for a starting QB will take.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Bizwah....

Sorry, I dont agree....

Didn't Parcells say, originally about Darren Woodson, "no matter who you are, at some point you still have to prove you can still get the job done."

Parcells has not done that this year...

I'm not saying I'd prefer to see him shipped to Siberia...but sooner or later he's got to prove he can still do it...and the "do it" is measured by bottom line performance.

Losing to a team that is ranked worst in both offense and defense, AT HOME, when we needed the win, isn't "doing it"....and for the coach to say that he knew we weren't going to perform well today, is even worse...

Giving you full credit of course..... On the NOSEY!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I am not against Henson coming in NOW. I think the whining about Parcells is ridiculous.

The man is a great coach. He has to have players though, and he has not had that since he came here. We've also been hit pretty hard with injuries as well.

This post is directed to most of the people that want Parcells out. It's a stupid thing to wish for.

You might get a more reasonable discussion if you tried to rephrase your comments and didn't refer to "whining" and "chicken littles" and "stupid"...

Of course, that assumes that your intent was for reasonable discussion...which by the title of this thread, it clearly wasn't...which is why its going to the SmackTalk forum.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Bizwah said:

If you have been paying attention then you will know that playing Henson and getting a 41 year old starting QB off the field is no new theme. Its just that some of the stubborn ones like yourself refused to listen and hoped you could tell us all we were wrong. Well, you know what? We weren't wrong.

DMX6990

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Sure, the stats are that he had three more catches than Quincy Morgan.

Thanks Juke99, but hey, When your boy Antoine has a good game you're more then welcome to post his stat but if he has average or poor game, post the stats anyways.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Bizwah said:

Parcells stinks!

Testeverde stinks!

Roy Williams stinks!

OL stinks!

Everything stinks!

Great Post! I really appreciate it.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
DMX6990 said:
Thanks Juke99, but hey, When your boy Antoine has a good game you're more then welcome to post his stat but if he has average or poor game, post the stats anyways.

Glad you keep such close track of what I write about... I feel honored...

*patting myself on the back and blowing a kiss*

rcaldw

Reaction score
Neither Drew nor Romo are ready.

Can I just say that I'm SICK of reading this? Not ready for what?? To get some experience? To play on a losing team not going anywhere this year?

You guys kill me, you would think we have a division winning football team here that we don't want to mess up. News flash!! This is a BAD FOOTBALL TEAM that NEEDS A QB IN OUR FUTURE, and they don't just SHOW UP READY, you have to GET THEM READY.

Bizwah

Reaction score
BlueWave said:
Yeah, personnel. He had nothing to do with that, just ask him. He had nothing to do with Testaverde, that was Jones idea.

By the way, he already said "no" to a QB change in his press conference.

Yeah, let's fire him.

Forget the fact that he brought us probably our best player.....He was wrong about certain things on personnel. Or it appears that he's wrong.

I don't blame him for not wanting to break the bank for certain players. We're in a better position this year for FA than last year.

And really, who cares if he says "no". I'm willing to bet that he knows just a teensy bit more about football than the rest of this board....combined.

If VT plays next week, then I'm sure it has more to do with Henson's development than anything else.

Bizwah

Reaction score
rcaldw said:
Bizwah said:

If you have been paying attention then you will know that playing Henson and getting a 41 year old starting QB off the field is no new theme. Its just that some of the stubborn ones like yourself refused to listen and hoped you could tell us all we were wrong. Well, you know what? We weren't wrong.

Wrong about what?

I never stated anything except that I back our coach and want to make the playoffs.

This post of yours reeks of the stench that came from the Hutch/QC debates.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
You might get a more reasonable discussion if you tried to rephrase your comments and didn't refer to "whining" and "chicken littles" and "stupid"...

Of course, that assumes that your intent was for reasonable discussion...which by the title of this thread, it clearly wasn't...which is why its going to the SmackTalk forum.

Have you not "known" me for years?

How many times have I started threads that were intended for smack?

No. I'm no different than a lot of folks on this board. I'm frustrated with a loss, and I'm even more frustrated with folks that think getting rid of Parcells is a good idea.

I've read some ridiculous posts today, and I don't think mine was anymore inflammatory than any others.

Move this if you wish......but it has more to do with your disagreeing with me than anything else.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I haven't seen too many bonehead decisions. Parcells is a gambler. Last year we loved him for it. Also this year think of all the injuries that have hamstrung us. Could part of his decision making have anything to do with the problems we have with personnel?

I don't think Vinny is a good QB anymore. But he's all that we have right now. Neither Drew nor Romo are ready. Vinny, whether we want to agree with it or not, gave us our best chance to win. Posters on this board are criticizing Parcells for playing Vinny. But Henson is not ready. We saw on Thanksgiving what would happen if he were put in.

He would be lucky to come away without serious injury. He was getting hit hard against the Bears. We would also not have a real idea of what Julius could do. Teams would not respect our passing game. Now that it appears VT is done physically, teams are loading up on Julius with him in.

That's fine......I think we know what Julius can do now. So having Henson in isn't a bad idea.

The biggest problem I have with Drew is not ready thing is, how do we know for sure?

Yeah, he was out for a long time. Eli Manning has been IN football for a long time. Would he be any worse?

If we are basing wether Drew is ready or not based upon 12 pass attempts on Thanksgiving, then to me that is rediculous.

Quicksilver

Benched
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
The biggest problem I have with Drew is not ready thing is, how do we know for sure?

Yeah, he was out for a long time. Eli Manning has been IN football for a long time. Would he be any worse?

If we are basing wether Drew is ready or not based upon 12 pass attempts on Thanksgiving, then to me that is rediculous.

logic...

in short supply around here.