Different kind of Dak thread

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So from your own point.....why spend money on those QB's (and that would include Dak), if they suck? Arent we criticizing the Jones for throwing money on elite contracts that arent worth it?
So what if it's the market. The market and recent history says to get to the SB you need either: an elite QB, or spend very little at the position.
yes, the blame for building a team clearly lies on Joneses who make all the personnel decisions. do they do it in a vaccum? no, nobody does, but the ultimate decision is with them and they have failed for 30 years. teams with similar QBs, etc. have made it to the superbowl. we haven't come close. now the fans want a singular point of failure and the focus is on Dak, given he is the QB, that's obvious. people/fans have taken sides. before that it was Romo. same arguments and two sides and same discussions. nothing changed. and before that.....

and the market is what it is. my point is there is variations of QB costs in the market. but how about the rest of the team? a QB can't do it on his own. not even Mahomes. and the joneses have failed there too. how many times have they screwed up first and second roung picks? how many times have they failed in trades? how many times have they failed in signing the right FAs?

and if you need an elite QB to have success, then 30 teams in the league are screwed (not just the cowboys). and 30 teams should just pack it in. why even bother. lets just have the two teams with elite QBs go at each other and we can determine the champion. the spend a has little to do with cap management. I have said it a 100 times. at some point the bill comes due. until then you can keep manipulating the cap to sign what you need. but are you chasing and signing the right people?

as Jerry said, he just wants the cowboys to be in the news. nothing more. nothing less. results be damned.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm being literal, BECAUSE YOU'RE WRONG. By the very definition you've just given..... i'm a 'Dak Hater', however, im not even totally ANTI-DAK as id willingly sign Dak for a long term, below market value deal.

This thread is discussing that very scenario and before Dak made that comment. Being literal again, you could argue that Dak's last contract didnt make him the highest paid QB.......however the big sticking point is the length of contract. A basic 3 year contract (even with 2 added Void Years) would add $8m per in CAP to pay off the existing deferred CAP.
Now you're a JoeKing hater. :muttley: Yelling at me does nothing for your argument. But at least you admitted I'm right. You're a Dak hater.

Dak is asking to be appropriately compensated. You are being unreasonable to expect him to accept anything less. but this is typical Dak hater mentality. I understand. No need to continue this discussion.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep, I wish they would invent some button where you could put people on ignore, but I don't think they have invented it yet. So, I guess we can keep on crying about other fans' posts. Dang, I wish technology would hurry up and catch up. sheesh, shrugs

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yep, I wish they would invent some button where you could put people on ignore, but I don't think they have invented it yet. So, I guess we can keep on crying about other fans' posts. Dang, I wish technology would hurry up and catch up. sheesh, shrugs
:muttley: