Different kind of Dak thread

Verdict

Reaction score
I have been thinking about the Dak divide of this fan base. I have referred to it in other threads. But one thing I notice that really hasn’t been discussed with any sort of depth is the analysis of the schools of thought regarding the various positions.

For instance you have the pro-Dak, anti Dak’s and those in between. Obviously there is evidence to support the anti-Dak crowd’s position. And it rationally follows that there is a reasonable basis for those that are somewhere in between.

But what I have a harder time understanding are the die hard Dak proponents that want Dak re-signed for essentially whatever he wants. There is obviously no merit to a point of view that refuses to acknowledge that at times Dak has played pretty poorly, especially big/important/playoff games. I don’t see how anyone could allege the contrary with a straight face.

They act like the entire Cowboys organization would cease to exist if Dak isn’t signed at whatever cost it takes. How does a person come to such a conclusion? Blind fandom? Fourteen years old with a complete lack of objectivity? A lack of understanding of the salary cap? Inability to reason?

I’m not trying to insult posters with that viewpoint. What makes the pro-Dak crowd ignore what most people consider relevant facts to come to their conclusions. It seems like these posters are the most entrenched in vitriol towards other posters as well?

What makes people be so hateful over discussions on a message board? It is as if someone else’s opinion amounts to an attack on the player directly, or a direct affront to the pro-Dak crowd.

I’m not saying that people are not entitled to their opinions one way or the other. That’s what makes this place great. I just marvel at the lack of civility here at times over simple discussion.

To be clear, I am not saying the anti-Dak crowd is right and the pro-Dak crowd is wrong (and I really don’t have a dog in this fight) but it’s hard for me to fathom that the pro-Dak crowd can’t at least understand why the pro-Dak crowd can’t at least see why the anti-Dak crowd has soured on Dak.

I think most of the anti-Dak crowd understands and acknowledges that Dak has some positive traits and has done some good things but have, for various reasons, come to the conclusion that Dak isn’t the guy from their point of view.

It would be nice if this topic can be discussed here calmly and rationally without this thread devolving into chaos and vitriol. Thanks in advance.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone who thinks we should sign him for "Whatever" he wants. There are thos who blame him for everything then those who blame him for very little and then the rest of us who blame Jerry and are fine with him stying or going because Jerry is not changing..have not seen the ones saying "Sign him for whatever he wants".

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Ultimately the pro Dak crowd is viewed as Dak fans over Cowboy fans leaving them blinded by their fandom. The Anti Dak crowd are viewed as haters who hate the man on a personal level.

I wish people would realize the real issue with the Dak debate isn't Dak at all, but the front office that's pulling the strings. We care about if Dak is resigned or not, but not the strategy behind it. The fact that we haven't even had active talks between the Cowboys and Dak, meanwhile Stephen continues to talk about getting a deal done in camp is completely inexcusable, should be embarrassing for fans, and is nothing more than ownership using cap restraints as an excuse to not spend money in free agency when they have multiple solutions to that issue.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have been thinking about the Dak divide of this fan base. I have referred to it in other threads. But one thing I notice that really hasn’t been discussed with any sort of depth is the analysis of the schools of thought regarding the various positions.

For instance you have the pro-Dak, anti Dak’s and those in between. Obviously there is evidence to support the anti-Dak crowd’s position. And it rationally follows that there is a reasonable basis for those that are somewhere in between.

But what I have a harder time understanding are the die hard Dak proponents that want Dak re-signed for essentially whatever he wants. There is obviously no merit to a point of view that refuses to acknowledge that at times Dak has played pretty poorly, especially big/important/playoff games. I don’t see how anyone could allege the contrary with a straight face.

They act like the entire Cowboys organization would cease to exist if Dak isn’t signed at whatever cost it takes. How does a person come to such a conclusion? Blind fandom? Fourteen years old with a complete lack of objectivity? A lack of understanding of the salary cap? Inability to reason?

I’m not trying to insult posters with that viewpoint. What makes the pro-Dak crowd ignore what most people consider relevant facts to come to their conclusions. It seems like these posters are the most entrenched in vitriol towards other posters as well?

What makes people be so hateful over discussions on a message board? It is as if someone else’s opinion amounts to an attack on the player directly, or a direct affront to the pro-Dak crowd.

I’m not saying that people are not entitled to their opinions one way or the other. That’s what makes this place great. I just marvel at the lack of civility here at times over simple discussion.

To be clear, I am not saying the anti-Dak crowd is right and the pro-Dak crowd is wrong (and I really don’t have a dog in this fight) but it’s hard for me to fathom that the pro-Dak crowd can’t at least understand why the pro-Dak crowd can’t at least see why the anti-Dak crowd has soured on Dak.

I think most of the anti-Dak crowd understands and acknowledges that Dak has some positive traits and has done some good things but have, for various reasons, come to the conclusion that Dak isn’t the guy from their point of view.

It would be nice if this topic can be discussed here calmly and rationally without this thread devolving into chaos and vitriol. Thanks in advance.
Maybe I missed posts but Rambo, Rockport, Nav22, Qcard and AC have never said they want Dak to break the bank. If anything the have said Dak should take only a little more then his salary is now.

You also seem to be attacking the Dak Stans but giving the Anti Dak crowd a pass.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ultimately the pro Dak crowd is viewed as Dak fans over Cowboy fans leaving them blinded by their fandom. The Anti Dak crowd are viewed as haters who hate the man on a personal level.

I wish people would realize the real issue with the Dak debate isn't Dak at all, but the front office that's pulling the strings. We care about if Dak is resigned or not, but not the strategy behind it. The fact that we haven't even had active talks between the Cowboys and Dak, meanwhile Stephen continues to talk about getting a deal done in camp is completely inexcusable, should be embarrassing for fans, and is nothing more than ownership using cap restraints as an excuse to not spend money in free agency when they have multiple solutions to that issue.
this

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Maybe I missed posts but Rambo, Rockport, Nav22, Qcard and AC have never said they want Dak to break the bank. If anything the have said Dak should take only a little more then his salary is now.

You also seem to be attacking the Dak Stans but giving the Anti Dak crowd a pass.
100%

Chasing6

Reaction score

I think you are delusional and are putting words into peoples mouths. I have never heard one person say pay Dak whatever he wants.

Just like no one has heard Dak's camp demand $60M. Nothing has been made public.

Dak just like all players has his strengths and limitations.

The bigger issue is not necessarily moving on from Dak. It is the fact they GM Jethro has no replacement plan.

The same delusional fans say Dak fans only care about Dak and not the team. It is the contrary, with out Dak, no legitimate replacement, the team is significant worse. So the anti-Dak fans are the ones who don't care about the team. They have blatantly said we would rather go 0-17 than lose in the playoffs with Dak.

How do you come to such conclusion of what Dak supporters are thinking when none of what you have written above has been said.

What makes Dak hatters think 90% of our fans dislike Dak, when he continues to be top 10 in jersey sales heading into year 9?

Your intro and conclusion sound nice. Stop pretending you are in the middle, when you are clearly not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Exactly.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

This is the exact Dak thread we get. Creating a division among this fanbase. Nobody has ever said give Dak what he wants as a matter of fact some posters like AC has said Dak should take a pay cut.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
It’s because the sports media is the same as the other media. The same people that believe the team would collapse without Dak are the people that buy every bit of propaganda thrown their way on a daily basis.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I like Dak ....... he plays well against the NFc east and many other teams.

"He gets the deer in the headlights " look whenever he is under pressure to perform big in a game.

Its been since 2016 ....... Jerry and Stephen are not gonna give him what he needs to succeed.

Time to try something new, the only chance this team has with Jerry and Stephan in charge is to catch lightning in a bottle and find a QB that can overcome the team building failure of our front office ....... and Dak cannot do that.

We will win a lot of games but not when the pressure is on.

That is my true feelings about Dak ........ on a well built team he could get it done ...... on the Cowboys he cannot.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It’s because the sports media is the same as the other media. The same people that believe the team would collapse without Dak are the people that buy every bit of propaganda thrown their way on a daily basis.
Who has said the Team would collapse without Dak?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Dak ....... he plays well against the NFc east and many other teams.

"He gets the deer in the headlights " look whenever he is under pressure to perform big in a game.

Its been since 2016 ....... Jerry and Stephen are not gonna give him what he needs to succeed.

Time to try something new, the only chance this team has with Jerry and Stephan in charge is to catch lightning in a bottle and find a QB that can overcome the team building failure of our front office ....... and Dak cannot do that.

We will win a lot of games but not when the pressure is on.

That is my true feelings about Dak ........ on a well built team he could get it done ...... on the Cowboys he cannot.
My thoughts exactly :thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The biggest concern the Cowboys face with Dak is they have no viable replacement if they move on after the 2024 season. If you look at most teams that have moved on from a solid starting QB, either due to the QB retiring or feeling it was time for a change and they didn’t have a viable replacement it’s led to years of struggling. The teams that remain successful and competitive have a viable replacement. The Packers for example always have a promising QB waiting in the wings to take over.