Diggs and this Defense

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
The offense played better this game but the Defense really won the game once again. Especially in the first quarter they squeezed any energy out if the WFT right away and set the tone. That dlaw pick 6 was just awesome.

I'm really looking forward to that Arizona game. I know they're in a losing streak right now but still a far above .500 team. Can't wait.

:flagwave:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Diggs has to be front runner for DPOY. 11 INT is pretty incredible season. One for the ages. I’m pulling for him to break the record. Records are meant to be broken…

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I was happy with Diggs during his streak but not anymore. I want a shutdown corner not another ballhawk corner. No one get beat more than Diggs. Marcus Peters is a ballhawk and constantly get burn. Give me a shut down corner like Revis, Ramsey, Sherman, Sander, Woodson, and etc...

Some of those yards allowed stats are deceiving. For example Washington's long pass had Diggs in over the top coverage, while the safety Kazee had underneath and had position to make a play. However, pff will likely charge the play to Diggs. Yes there are plays where Diggs got beat this season, but in today's NFL there is no such thing as a true shut down corner. The players you named are all hall of famers, but they too got beat.

ultron

Reaction score
Pressure bursts pipes!

But yea half of his interceptions are him just making the right read and having insane hands for a DB (he’s a former WR)

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
So much of Digga success over the last several weeks is a direct result of the defensive line and the absolute mailing they are putting on the QB.

JBond

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, he get expose more often then not. In fact it pretty selfish to constantly just want to intercept the ball at the cost of giving up yardages or touchdown. He the #1CB in terms of giving up the most yardage. Hopefully we don't extend him after his rookie contract is over. Parsons on the other hand is absolutely productive.

I will take the 11 extra possessions. He broke their soul on the second play of the game for WFT.

bud914

Reaction score
adigg.jpg

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I was happy with Diggs during his streak but not anymore. I want a shutdown corner not another ballhawk corner. No one get beat more than Diggs. Marcus Peters is a ballhawk and constantly get burn. Give me a shut down corner like Revis, Ramsey, Sherman, Sander, Woodson, and etc...
So you hate Dak and Diggs. Who else?

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I think Diggs can be both. Towards the end of the streak, he was trying to intercept everything and got burned on a few double-moves. Since his mini-slump, he has focused more on being a solid corner. I think he will find a good middle ground as he learns.

Ken

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, he get expose more often then not. In fact it pretty selfish to constantly just want to intercept the ball at the cost of giving up yardages or touchdown. He the #1CB in terms of giving up the most yardage. Hopefully we don't extend him after his rookie contract is over. Parsons on the other hand is absolutely productive.
Weird logic.

Because he got credited with giving up yards that weren't necessarily his fault (no safety help on some of them that called for it), he is exposed?

He leads the league in Ints, Ints for Tds and Passes defensed. This "yards given up" stat is bs. Sorry.

Aulac

Reaction score
I think Diggs can be both. Towards the end of the streak, he was trying to intercept everything and got burned on a few double-moves. Since his mini-slump, he has focused more on being a solid corner. I think he will find a good middle ground as he learns.

We will see and let hope that is the case, otherwise no 2nd contract (of course Jerry is still our owner afterall).

Aulac

Reaction score
So you hate Dak and Diggs. Who else?

I don't hate Diggs, but I'm not sold on him yet. I hate Dak and wanted us to trade Zeke. We ran him to the ground. He way better at his position than Dak is at his respectively.

J-man

Reaction score
Diggs has to be front runner for DPOY. 11 INT is pretty incredible season. One for the ages. I’m pulling for him to break the record. Records are meant to be broken…

I'm pulling for him and Parsons to break both their respective records and be the first ever co-DP'sOY

tyke1doe

Reaction score
As for his "most yards given up" stat, I'd like to know:
1. What was the coverage?
2. When did it occur in the game?
3. What was the score at the time?
4. Did we lose the game?

There's such a thing called "junk" stats.
If a quarterback passes for 400 yards, sure that adds to his stats. But if his team is down by 35 points, his 400 yards doesn't really mean much even though it goes on the books as if he had a great game.

So with Diggs, when did he give up much of his yards? While the Cowboys were up by 20? Were the Cowboys more concerned about running down the clock because we had a lead? Was it a well-thrown ball? Who was in coverage with Diggs? Did we lose the games Diggs gave up chunks of yards?

Context is everything.

Ken

Reaction score
As for his "most yards given up" stat, I'd like to know:
1. What was the coverage?
2. When did it occur in the game?
3. What was the score at the time?
4. Did we lose the game?

There's such a thing called "junk" stats.
If a quarterback passes for 400 yards, sure that adds to his stats. But if his team is down by 35 points, his 400 yards doesn't really mean much even though it goes on the books as if he had a great game.

So with Diggs, when did he give up much of his yards? While the Cowboys were up by 20? Were the Cowboys more concerned about running down the clock because we had a lead? Was it a well-thrown ball? Who was in coverage with Diggs? Did we lose the games Diggs gave up chunks of yards?

Context is everything.
Did the qb have 7 seconds to throw the ball?

It is such a horrible stat. It makes it sound like he is a garbage player and it just isn't remotely true.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
For YEARS i have looked at Everson Wall's 11 int season and marveled at how he accomplished that and how I would never see that type of play from a Cowboys defender ever again.

This really underscores just how amazing Diggs has been this year. 11 Picks people!!!! 11!

Insanity. Never thought I would see it and he is right up there for DPOY imo.

Which brings me to the 2nd thing I have yearned for for years and didn't think it would ever happen...turnovers! This defense is #1 in the league in turnovers and it is absolutely beautiful!

Just enjoying this season as much as I can...this team CAN win it all...we have to enjoy this ride!

Great post… enjoy the ride! It’s been a loooong time since we have had a D lead the league in turnovers.

This a nasty D predicated on forcing pressure and making plays. And they have been doing it all year long— so this is their identity, not merely a statistical trend.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I don't hate Diggs, but I'm not sold on him yet. I hate Dak and wanted us to trade Zeke. We ran him to the ground. He way better at his position than Dak is at his respectively.
I just don’t understand why you guys hate Dak. Sure he has bad games and isn’t perfect but overall he’s a solid QB. Were you aground when we rolled out guys like Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, etc.? These guys don’t grow on trees. I’m just glad we don’t have that and have a guy capable of what Dak is capable of.