Twitter: Diggs Is NFC Defensive Player Of The Month

Tussinman

Reaction score
How many of ya'll miss Byron Jones....
Well considering there's 2 starting cornerback spots uh yeah kinda ? Why would I actively root for our team to be worst just because Diggs is better ?

Byron and Diggs combo would be a fringe top 5 CB duo in the entire league. I wouldn't be complaining if one of the top 3 weakest positions of the entire 2000s was solidified for the next 3 or 4 years.........

It was the right thing to let him go, but can you imagine our defense with both Jones and Diggs, as well as Parsons wreaking havoc?
Agreed. Don't understand the logic of "him vs him", both of them on the field would be scary (especially considering Byron played with a weak defensive line, inconsistent play at linebacker,some of the worst defensive coachs in the organzations history, and was STILL a very solid CB).

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Well considering there's 2 starting cornerback spots uh yeah kinda ? Why would I actively root for our team to be worst just because Diggs is better ?

Byron and Diggs combo would be a fringe top 5 CB duo in the entire league. I wouldn't be complaining if one of the top 3 weakest positions of the entire 2000s was solidified for the next 3 or 4 years.........

Agreed. Don't understand the logic of "him vs him", both of them on the field would be scary (especially considering Byron played with a weak defensive line, inconsistent play at linebacker,some of the worst defensive coachs in the organzations history, and was STILL a very solid CB).

Because he cost way too much money for what he offers.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Because he cost way too much money for what he offers.
Welcome to the NFL. Good players cost money. Is he a little overpaid ? Yes but at the same time I wouldn't be complaining if both him and Diggs where on the field at the same time (especially when you consider 1. Him like almost every cowboys defensive player would most likely improve under the new system and 2. It's not like the money saved from not signing him went directly back to the secondary, there hasn't been a signficant 2nd contract in the secondary in almost a decade).

The problem is our fan base often looks at things from a negative worst case instead of a good case (literally nobody would be complaining about diggs and Byron being our starters yet here we our basically saying "bu bye Byron")

Last edited:

JayFord

Reaction score
I could cry right now

a member of the cowboys secondary is doing big things

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Congratulations to Diggs.

If only we had drafted Asante Samuel Jr, who has won AFC Rookie of the month and is balling out. Him opposite Diggs would be great. We drafted Kelvin Joseph three picks before him...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Welcome to the NFL. Good players cost money. Is he a little overpaid ? Yes but at the same time I wouldn't be complaining if both him and Diggs where on the field at the same time (especially when you consider 1. Him like almost every cowboys defensive player would most likely improve under the new system and 2. It's not like the money saved from not signing him went directly back to the secondary, there hasn't been a signficant 2nd contract in the secondary in almost a decade).

The problem is our fan base often looks at things from a negative worst case instead of a good case (literally nobody would be complaining about diggs and Byron being our starters yet here we our basically saying "bu bye Byron")

It's called a salary cap. If we signed Jones do we let Dak walk? Cooper walk? What about depth? It takes a team. If Jones would have taken less money he'd Be a cowboy. No one really hated him, but no one wanted to keep at that price. He just doesn't make enough game changing plays.

How many pick sixes does Jones have? Exactly. He's not a cowboy anymore sooo he's trash. Welcome to the fan world

Thomas82

Reaction score
Aidan would so proud ! Great news for trevon and our defense. He has played lights out. I would love for him to break Anthony Henry interception record of 6 in a season.

I thought the Cowboys record was 11 by Everson Walls in 1981.

Tussinman

Reaction score
It's called a salary cap. If we signed Jones do we let Dak walk? Cooper walk? What about depth? It takes a team
It goes both ways. You can't just say "do you want these great player to walk" when there's also the option to dump players like Crawford, not sign washups like McCoy/Poe/everson, not paying D-law 20 million to be on the bench, and not giving huge deals to jags like Jaylon. You could easily flip the narrative as "Cut Crawford/not resign Jaylon but keep Byron ? Uh hell yeah"

I'm not arguing whether he's the best bang for your buck. I'm just saying it's funny that fans have this crap attitude of "buh bye see ya we have Diggs" when literally both of them on the field would make this team better. It's not like the money saved from not signing him went back to the secondary lets be real

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
It goes both ways. You can't just say "do you want these great player to walk" when there's also the option to dump players like Crawford, not sign washups like McCoy/Poe/everson, not paying D-law 20 million to be on the bench, and not resigning guys like LVE and Jaylon.

I'm not arguing whether he's the best bang for your buck. I'm just saying it's funny that fans have this crap attitude of "buh bye see ya we have Diggs" when literally both of them on the field would make this team better. It's not like the money saved from not signing him went back to the secondary lets be real

Mistakes were made, making different mistakes doesn't make it better

Jones is a good corner, being paid like a great corner.

If you don't like the overpaid players now, why add to the list. Bottom line is we couldn't afford him, and now we have someone better.

Let the fans be happy that for once we actually improved after letting someone walk. Rather then keep trash and let the good ones go

Tussinman

Reaction score
Mistakes were made, making different mistakes doesn't make it better

Jones is a good corner, being paid like a great corner.

If you don't like the overpaid players now, why add to the list. Bottom line is we couldn't afford him, and now we have someone better.

Let the fans be happy that for once we actually improved after letting someone walk. Rather then keep trash and let the good ones go
Having a fringe top 5 CB duo in the entire NFL (at a position that's been historically weak the entire 2000s) would hardly be a mistake.

That was the point I was making. Bringing up and mocking Byron in a thread about Diggs when literally both of them would be on the field at the same time and both would command mad praise/respect across the whole league seems strange.

I'm not saying we should of should of not paid him (to be honest I think him along with most defensive players from then where sick of both Rod and Kris) but I do find it funny that fans are basically mocking us not potentially having a top 5 unit

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Well deserved.

The young man had an up and down rookie season and never once lost his confidence.