Twitter: Diggs Island (Week 16 PFF Grade 1st among CBs)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Was that not Diggs guy? If you need the safety to come do your job then you are not a shutdown corner. Kazee has his own issues but that WR belonged to Diggs and he beat Diggs on this play. Yes the safety should have been able to help defend but that doesn't absolve Diggs on his responsibility on this play.
When the safety is there for the specific purpose of allowing the CB to take chances, it should be on the safety when the burn comes

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Was the opposite on this play. The receiver went inside under diggs and the safety help came from underneath. To your point though he normally plays trailing the receiver. But the point is he can't be a shutdown cb if he needs the safety to make the play.
Had the safety not been there, he may not have needed him. Cause and effect.

Flamma

Reaction score
He doesn’t “need” the safety, he adjusts his play to cover underneath “expecting” the safety to do his job over the top. That seems to happen a lot, he’ll cover underneath and peek at the QB knowing the support is there and get burnt because of inept safety play.

He plays the WR a lot like Everson Walls. Only Walls used to put his back up against the WR as he was looking back at the QB. It got him some PI calls. But the tech. is similar.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
I think Diggs gained a lot of confidence on that game and also started to deflect passes and not just intercept them.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Diggs gambles sometimes trying to make the big play, but he is also really good in coverage. NFL Twitter talks like he sucks in coverage and just gambles every time so "of course" he gets a pick every once in a while. It's such a lazy take.
They want so bad to make him another Jack Rabbit but he’s clearly a better corner than Janoris Jenkins.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
you just gave the same lazy take. What instances can you name where Diggs gambled and got burned?

He tends to watch the QB sometimes and lose track of the WR, like someone else said. It's happened a couple of times. What was the game where he had the pick six and then got burned the next play? That is a perfect example of him gambling trying to get another pick and undercutting the receiver and giving up a TD. It doesn't happen that often, but it has happened. That play could have easily been another pick though I think he just misread where the ball was going to be and cut it short.

JBS

Reaction score
He tends to watch the QB sometimes and lose track of the WR, like someone else said. It's happened a couple of times. What was the game where he had the pick six and then got burned the next play? That is a perfect example of him gambling trying to get another pick and undercutting the receiver and giving up a TD. It doesn't happen that often, but it has happened. That play could have easily been another pick though I think he just misread where the ball was going to be and cut it short.

yes. The patriots game. The one instance he bit bad got burned. It literally hasn’t happened again. He’s not a gambler.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
yes. The patriots game. The one instance he bit bad got burned. It literally hasn’t happened again. He’s not a gambler.

I feel like I've seen him do that a few times. But I can't come up with exact instances off the top of my head. I'll think about it. I think the safeties are just as responsible

JBS

Reaction score
I feel like I've seen him do that a few times. But I can't come up with exact instances off the top of my head. I'll think about it. I think the safeties are just as responsible
The safeties definitely don’t give him any help. There’s been multiple instances where he probably would have been better off without any help.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
The safeties definitely don’t give him any help. There’s been multiple instances where he probably would have been better off without any help.

Yeah the only safety I'm bringing back is Kearse and maybe Hooker for the right price bc he's starting to pick it up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Was that not Diggs guy? If you need the safety to come do your job then you are not a shutdown corner. Kazee has his own issues but that WR belonged to Diggs and he beat Diggs on this play. Yes the safety should have been able to help defend but that doesn't absolve Diggs on his responsibility on this play.

That play is 100% on the safety. He’s the one who has to make the play there.

Brooksey

Reaction score
People trying to say Diggs isn't elite because he gives up too many big plays or yards are overly pessimistic media generals or haters that sell themselves as realists. The numbers really don't back up the claim, yes he has given up a few big "flukey" plays early this year, but has tightened his ship considerably in the past 6 weeks. He looks more like of a shutdown corner right now with ball hawking skills and he's still learning.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Some of you ought to understand that every single thread containing sarcasm about "haters" is more annoying than whatever the accused does in the first place.

Discuss the team and leave it there.

You all are better than the dumb insults.

Most of you anyway.

nobody

Reaction score
People trying to say Diggs isn't elite because he gives up too many big plays or yards are overly pessimistic media generals or haters that sell themselves as realists. The numbers really don't back up the claim, yes he has given up a few big "flukey" plays early this year, but has tightened his ship considerably in the past 6 weeks. He looks more like of a shutdown corner right now with ball hawking skills and he's still learning.

CB is one of the hardest positions to transition to from College to the NFL and he only started being a CB in college. Most don't hit their stride until year 3 or 4 and he's in year 2. He's going to get better and might be extremely frightening to offenses next year or the year after.

JBS

Reaction score
That play is 100% on the safety. He’s the one who has to make the play there.
There have been multiple instances where Kazee just gets in the damn way, offering no help whatsoever. Diggs probably makes the play himself if he had no help at all

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There have been multiple instances where Kazee just gets in the damn way, offering no help whatsoever. Diggs probably makes the play himself if he had no help at all

You can tell they both knew who needed to do what on this play.

Diggs didn’t even try to make a play because he would risk a interference call if he went over the receivers back.

Kazee was the guy who had the right to the ball and could play it like a receiver.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is what i like to see

im confused why they said last night he gives up the most yards in the NFL

ive seen all the games this year and its no way hes given up that many yards....some of those yards belong to the safties no way hes given up almost 1k

I corresponded with PFF and they just have no mechanism in their grading system to account for these plays he makes in proportion to their impact on a game. Their take is that he grades out poorly b/c he gambles a lot and gets beat. They look at the wr and simply evaluate whether or not he got open on the play, not whether the ball was delivered. So, on a play by play basis, his wr gets open a lot b/c he seems to be trying to bait the QB into throwing. He could "get beat" on 20 plays but not give up any yards b/c the QB failed to deliver the ball.

I suggested that they shouldn't grade plays where the ball wasn't delivered.

blueblood70

Reaction score
270007280_1560151187685331_7992717303522325438_n.jpg

The Natural

Reaction score
People get too caught up in narratives and buzzwords. The way some folks talk about Diggs "gambling" you would think he is Marcus Peters or some ****. Rarely do I see Diggs "gamble" and miss. Sometimes you just get beat on a play, that's the way the league works.