Twitter: Diggs Island (Week 16 PFF Grade 1st among CBs)

blueblood70

Reaction score
People get too caught up in narratives and buzzwords. The way some folks talk about Diggs "gambling" you would think he is Marcus Peters or some ****. Rarely do I see Diggs "gamble" and miss. Sometimes you just get beat on a play, that's the way the league works.
good to great NFL players on both sides, right :)

FanofJerry

Reaction score
People get too caught up in narratives and buzzwords. The way some folks talk about Diggs "gambling" you would think he is Marcus Peters or some ****. Rarely do I see Diggs "gamble" and miss. Sometimes you just get beat on a play, that's the way the league works.

My question is...does Diggs gamble by jumping routes? Or is he gambling by playing off the WR further than other CB's would trying to bait the QB to throw at Diggs?

Neither? Combo?

Or...does he read QBs eyes and leave his man/zone and try and jump other routes? Seems like he wouldnt be in the NFL if he did this.

Anyway...curious to know how Diggs is gambling.

Last edited:

The Natural

Reaction score
My question is...does Diggs gamble by jumping routes? Or is he gambling by playing off the WR further than other CB's would trying to bait the QB to throw at Diggs?

Neither? Combo?
A combo of both but isnt that what we want our CB1 to do? Diggs ballhawking has changed the culture of this defense. Everybody wants to get their hands on the ball for a chance to take one to the house now, from the DBs to the linemen. We werent getting this kind of competitive inspiration in years past from alleged “shutdown” guys that couldnt take the ball away.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
A combo of both but isnt that what we want our CB1 to do? Diggs ballhawking has changed the culture of this defense. Everybody wants to get their hands on the ball for a chance to take one to the house now, from the DBs to the linemen. We werent getting this kind of competitive inspiration in years past from alleged “shutdown” guys that couldnt take the ball away.

Yeah...definitely want him to play like he is playing...even if it is considered gambling. I was just curious how he was gambling. I read so many people talk about the yards he gives up and him gambling...I was genuinely curious what he was doing that is considered gambling.

He seems to have the skills to be able to gamble more than most. His INT's seem to back up that claim.

I have no problem with the way he is playing. I do hope it is true that he has tightened up last few weeks and is even a more shut down corner now.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Had the safety not been there, he may not have needed him. Cause and effect.

It was still diggs guy, his responsibility. The safety was there to help but that does not alleviate Diggs responsibility.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That play is 100% on the safety. He’s the one who has to make the play there.

So then what is diggs do nothing? What yall are saying the CB doesn't matter? Yall are hilarious. Diggs is the only guy on the field who's sole purpose is to stop that wr on that play. The safety's job is to come help/support wherever the ball goes and he did he just failed to make the play but the main guy who should stop it was the CB.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There aren't that many "shut down" CBs in the NFL. An argument could be made that they don't exist anymore b/c the rules heavily favor wrs. I think what Diggs does better than anyone is lure the QB into thinking the WR is open. He kills inaccurate QBs like Hurts, Darnold, Heinecke ect. He is the best in the league and PFF needs to modify their ever evolving grading system to reflect the reality on the field.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Tell me how wrong this math is...

Through 15 games...Dallas averages 30.5 points a game. According to the internet...NFL teams average about 12 possessions a game(dont know how accurate this is).

30.5 / 12 = 2.54 points per possession.

Diggs has given the offense 11 possessions which equals 27.95 points. 11 * 2.54 = 27.95

Is that how math works?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The thing is Diggs has been covering the other teams #1 for most plays...earlier this year it was feast or famine alot due to what the pass rush looked like..He now has a pretty constant pass rush so the WR does not have enough time most plays to double move..no CB covers a WR for 5 seconds 100% of the time. Its just not possible. Diggs looks great and now our 2-4th CB's look pretty good...again that pass rush can make a CB look good (Diggs is good anyway) but when he can sit on routes whatch out.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Is this math even worse?

So...if NFL teams are averaging about 340 yards per game while scoring about 25 points per game....thats 13.6 yards per point.

If Diggs has given up 900 yards.

900 yards / 13.6 yards per point = 66.17 points Diggs has given up.

Tell me how far off I am.

JBS

Reaction score
Perfectly said. He doesn’t gamble at all. He gets beat at time but not from gambling.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
yeah just like that deep bomb WFT hit last night to WR Dyami Brown(#2). That should be on the safety but since diggs was there bet they put that on diggs. Diggs seen Kazee right there and thought he would get the pick instead of Kazee getting mossed.

Hooker should be back this week. He’s looking like his old self lately and will improve the situation.

ChrisL97

Reaction score
Tell me how wrong this math is...

Through 15 games...Dallas averages 30.5 points a game. According to the internet...NFL teams average about 12 possessions a game(dont know how accurate this is).

30.5 / 12 = 2.54 points per possession.

Diggs has given the offense 11 possessions which equals 27.95 points. 11 * 2.54 = 27.95

Is that how math works?
Don't forget he took away 11 possessions from the opposing team so you'd double the 27.95.