Diggs + Wilson

JBS

Reaction score
Two players that this franchise desperately needs to be difference makers are Diggs and Wilson. It's been, who knows how long since this team has had a playmaker in the secondary. If we are going to ever get away from the same defense that has plagued this franchise for the last 2 decades +, these two guys are going to have to be playmakers.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Two players that this franchise desperately needs to be difference makers are Diggs and Wilson. It's been, who knows how long since this team has had a playmaker in the secondary. If we are going to ever get away from the same defense that has plagued this franchise for the last 2 decades +, these two guys are going to have to be playmakes.

They are nice building blocks for the future, still a lot of work needed to fix the secondary. Really would like two high-end starters at both positions.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Two players that this franchise desperately needs to be difference makers are Diggs and Wilson. It's been, who knows how long since this team has had a playmaker in the secondary. If we are going to ever get away from the same defense that has plagued this franchise for the last 2 decades +, these two guys are going to have to be playmakes.
Agree with the sentiment.

My issue is that in the past, even recently, the Front Office will "hang their hats" on guys like this and think it's enough.Both need an elite #1 guy to help them out. Diggs needs a #1 Corner opposite of him so he doesn't have to be that this soon. Wilson needs a #1 Safety to allow him to be the hair-on-fire, fly-to-the-ball playmaker he has shown signs of being.

The Jones will pair them with Anthony Brown and Darian Thompson and then wonder why they aren't making every single play on their own.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agree with the sentiment.

My issue is that in the past, even recently, the Front Office will "hang their hats" on guys like this and think it's enough.Both need an elite #1 guy to help them out. Diggs needs a #1 Corner opposite of him so he doesn't have to be that this soon. Wilson needs a #1 Safety to allow him to be the hair-on-fire, fly-to-the-ball playmaker he has shown signs of being.

The Jones will pair them with Anthony Brown and Darian Thompson and then wonder why they aren't making every single play on their own.

I'm dreaming, but wouldn't it be great to sign Simmons from Denver as a fa.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wilson is getting a lot of the Jaylon 2018 treatment.

Splash plays are covering up deficiencies. To this point, he's a generic safety who doesn't really do anything in coverage.
That's why we need a legit FS. Wilson is a very good SS. He had half a dozen big hits yesterday. And he created 2 turnovers that would have been FGs at least. Those aren't just splash plays. If we get Woods out of there and get a safety that can cover, we're good.

JBS

Reaction score

Splash plays are covering up deficiencies. To this point, he's a generic safety who doesn't really do anything in coverage.

Correct..you need a rangy FS next to him to be that guy

fivetwos

Reaction score

I think I agree with that.

At least he has more of an upside than any other safety on the roster though.

Wilson will be an ok starter if the other safety is better than him....if that makes any sense.

If anything, Woods is Wilson without the splash plays and will never be anything more.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
One of the things I love about Wilson that he's done repeatedly is his lightning pursuit. As soon as he commits, he's on top of the ball carrier before they can respond. Take other players like Jaylon Smith, who have a hesitation, not Wilson. When it's time, he goes and is there like now.
After the pass is thrown, this is huge because there's no chance for the ball to go to another player. We've seen him do it in the backfield as well. It's a very nice skill to have.

The Natural

Reaction score
I'm not completely sold on Wilson, he's been awful most of the year but I give credit where its due and he played a really good game yesterday.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Add Surtain lol. And get rid of Nolan .. we can do so much better than him