Dink and Dak is dead

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Bring back the GIANTS...........bring back the GIANTS..............bring back the GIANTS...........Any - .500 team will do so Dakko can look GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Oh ya, I'll take the Panthers in a heartbeat baby!!!!! :muttley:

Got to steal some ones lunch...but not Dak's lunch, he will buy it for you.

quickccc

Reaction score
During the Giants game, Olsen did a replay analysis on a throw. He showed that Dallas ran a combination route with one deep guy and one short route. When the defender stepped up, Dak went deep. A lot of the other analysis videos show Dallas running these layered patterns.

I wonder if the offense changed or if Dak just got more comfortable with the deep throws. To his credit, these deep throws are frequently covered 1 on 1 and he is just putting the ball right where it has to be.

The offense is definitely much improved since the beginning of the season. Some of it is play design, like the fast motion. Some of it is Dak using his feet. I suspect that some of it is just Dak getting more comfortable with the reads.
Me:
The offense seemed to change once the HC McCarthy got flamed and criticized via media for his
dink n dunk conservative style of play ... oddly earlier in the year, Lamb was averaging like 4 catches thus
the star WR was disgruntled and sideline griping ...

- BUT suddenly Lamb went on a record setting 10 digit catch game streak ... that meant coaches (and QB) heed the cries and responded with immense targeting and scheming to both get Lamb open and force the ball to him ...

- Then comes the heavy public media blasting criticism to HC Mike McCarthy for the phased out
non-involvement of speedster Brandin Cooks - to which why trade for his speed,.. if you are not intent on
exploiting that speed ??
MacCarthy's response ? " I'm not into Fantasy Football " ... Yet same week of this media blast about
non- Cooks, we then see a very strong effort to target and scheme the speedy Cooks downfield/vertical push
into 170 yards and a TD ....

- Just imagine had we already strongly involved Cooks to add to Lamb in both the Niners and Eagles game
in the first place ??

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Me:
The offense seemed to change once the HC McCarthy got flamed and criticized via media for his
dink n dunk conservative style of play ... oddly earlier in the year, Lamb was averaging like 4 catches thus
the star WR was disgruntled and sideline griping ...

- BUT suddenly Lamb went on a record setting 10 digit catch game streak ... that meant coaches (and QB) heed the cries and responded with immense targeting and scheming to both get Lamb open and force the ball to him ...

- Then comes the heavy public media blasting criticism to HC Mike McCarthy for the phased out
non-involvement of speedster Brandin Cooks - to which why trade for his speed,.. if you are not intent on
exploiting that speed ??
MacCarthy's response ? " I'm not into Fantasy Football " ... Yet same week of this media blast about
non- Cooks, we then see a very strong effort to target and scheme the speedy Cooks downfield/vertical push
into 170 yards and a TD ....

- Just imagine had we already strongly involved Cooks to add to Lamb in both the Niners and Eagles game
in the first place ??
I liked it when Cooks said when it is time 3 is ready

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In certain statistical categories of varying importance from a purely numbers vantage point in a vacuum isolated from his history in big games ...I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!

The fact that people can sit here and make post after post about Dak not being good enough is unexplainable to me ....though the most likely explanation is that they don't think he's good enough.

If a team called me up right now and offered me a 3rd round puck for Dak....I would say "No Thank You"
Buh, buh, buh. You sound like a baby.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Dude gets out of the pocket and he's very effective. Has always thrown better on the move. Heck, I watched him do it at MS State for his entire career there. Stand in the pocket (or lack of one), not so much. It's kinda disturbing to wonder why it took a professional coaching staff that long to come to an obvious conclusion.

CCBoy

Reaction score
giphy.gif
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/evolving-dak-mccarthy-on-the-attack.517063/ Do some reading...

Scotman

Reaction score
It looks like he is going to get another shot in the playoffs to solidify his place in history. He's running out of time. I hope he can get it done. I hope they can all get it done. If he doesn't, the team doesn't, NFL history doesn't include an asterisk to explain why.

I love what he's done so far this year. His game seems to be improving. It will need to continue to improve to the point that we don't lose to the refs, the Eagles or the 49ers.

For those that didn't see Aikman play, I think the best thing he did was being absolute money when the game was on the line. Aikman seemed to improve as the games became more important. To me, that's all Dak needs to do. If he does and you get one or two big plays at the right time, everything changes.

Flamma

Reaction score
Playoff Dak has historically been a different animal.

:popcorn:
This is true. But in the playoffs the Cowboys usually beat the teams they should beat. Most teams lose to the better team, especially if they are away. The Cowboys are notorious for it throughout their history. The only exceptions that I can remember was in 1975 and 1992. Far more times have the Cowboys lost to the inferior team throughout history. I'd be willing to wager the Cowboys lost the most playoff games as the favorite. But just because you're favored doesn't mean you're better.

jsb357

Reaction score
A late comeback against GB his rookie year and ONE great performance against a weak Tampa Bay team
that squeaked into the playoffs skews his overall playoff numbers in a positive direction.

The Rams game was NEVER close

Both SF's game were VERY weak and one was ugly.

12 points really?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
It was never really alive.

It was just something that some idiot conjured up in 2017 or 2018 and it was eaten up by all of the Cowboy haters on the internet. Then, just like now, anyone who regurgitates that Dak relies heavily on short passes is a Grade-A moron and doesn't watch him play. He's attacks the intermediate passing range.

Reactions: G2

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m getting a feeling some of the Dakstractors are hiding behind complementary comments. As I’m reading the posts it’s kinda fun to try and figure you out.. lol.
You've decided that's worth the effort?

Hmmm...okay.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
"But when are they playing a good team"
Predictable clowns.
Are there seriously fans out there who don't understand that better teams are closer games? That even great players aren't housing great teams like some Dallas fans expect?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It looks like he is going to get another shot in the playoffs to solidify his place in history. He's running out of time. I hope he can get it done. I hope they can all get it done. If he doesn't, the team doesn't, NFL history doesn't include an asterisk to explain why.

I love what he's done so far this year. His game seems to be improving. It will need to continue to improve to the point that we don't lose to the refs, the Eagles or the 49ers.

For those that didn't see Aikman play, I think the best thing he did was being absolute money when the game was on the line. Aikman seemed to improve as the games became more important. To me, that's all Dak needs to do. If he does and you get one or two big plays at the right time, everything changes.
Except Aikman didn't. That's the problem: we remember the great performances and forget the, um, forgettable ones.

His post-season stats basically look like his regular-season stats. There are great games and stinkers in there.
  • He started the '94 NFCCG with a pick-six. Yes, we remember the team roaring back later, but they had the ball down 10 points with 5 minutes left and he took a couple killer sacks in that drive (exactly what people blame Dak for in the PHI game).
  • He was horrible in the 1996 playoff game against CAR. Yeah, he was missing pieces, but that's exactly the point: the team wasn't good enough and QBs don't have mystical powers to overcome that.
  • He was awful again in the '98 playoff game.
  • He didn't do much of anything in the SB against the Steelers. The offense really struggled that game, with only one TD drive apart from the short-field TDs after the Brown interceptions (which featured one pass and three runs in total).
Aikman was a great QB. But he didn't "improve as the games became more important." We remember the good games and forget the bad games and build a mythology around these guys that today's guy can never live up to unless the team wins it all.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Except Aikman didn't. That's the problem: we remember the great performances and forget the, um, forgettable ones.

His post-season stats basically look like his regular-season stats. There are great games and stinkers in there.
  • He started the '94 NFCCG with a pick-six. Yes, we remember the team roaring back later, but they had the ball down 10 points with 5 minutes left and he took a couple killer sacks in that drive (exactly what people blame Dak for in the PHI game).
  • He was horrible in the 1996 playoff game against CAR. Yeah, he was missing pieces, but that's exactly the point: the team wasn't good enough and QBs don't have mystical powers to overcome that.
  • He was awful again in the '98 playoff game.
  • He didn't do much of anything in the SB against the Steelers. The offense really struggled that game, with only one TD drive apart from the short-field TDs after the Brown interceptions.
Aikman was a great QB. But he didn't "improve as the games became more important." We remember the good games and forget the bad games and build a mythology around these guys that today's guy can never live up to unless the team wins it all.
Disagree, Aikman played better in the playoffs. Of course you'll find outliers. Same with Irvin. The dude came to play.