Twitter: DiNucci vs Cooper

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don't know why people are claiming Nooch was so bad last nite. He showed some signs of being a viable NFL backup last nite.

Big Mike has kept the kid around for some reason.

Jerry gets the final say though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DiNucci plays with a lot of confidence and has good mobility in the pocket. However he plays with a sort of recklessness that will get you highlights on sportscenter or lose you games.
The exact reason that Romo didn't start until his 4th season.

Parcells was sold on Romo's ability much earlier but didn't trust him to avoid taking too many chances.

erod

Reaction score
The exact reason that Romo didn't start until his 4th season.

Parcells was sold on Romo's ability much earlier but didn't trust him to avoid taking too many chances.
Parcells understood that the things that worked at Eastern Illinois playing in high school stadiums against guys that looked like us had to be coached out of him first.

Romo became a top tier quarterback in time, albeit in a dysfunctional franchise.

The eye test was positive for DiNucci last night. Much more polished than last year and clearly a calmer presence. He never lacked confidence, similar to Romo.

Only time will tell. Not likely, but you never know.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parcells understood that the things that worked at Eastern Illinois playing in high school stadiums against guys that looked like us had to be coached out of him first.

Romo became a top tier quarterback in time, albeit in a dysfunctional franchise.

The eye test was positive for DiNucci last night. Much more polished last year and clearly a calmer presence. He never lacked confidence, similar to Romo.

Only time will tell. Not likely, but you never know.
I'm convinced that if DiNicci had the same amount of time in the NFL as Rush that he would be clearly much better than Rush.

links18

Reaction score
Management likes their guys. Rush is a Jones Boyz guy, DiNucci is some scout's accidental project.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He looked better than the other 2 in passing drills when they were throwing at targets (nets with very small openings).

Very accurate and big arm. He nailed the target from a drop back and while throwing on the run.

Don’t know if you heard that or it’s your opinion but all the talk for the backup job at least amongst those who cover the Cowboys has been between Will Grier and Cooper Rush.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Will Grier will win the backup job . He outplayed all of the backups in the training camp . If it was not for the Minnesota win , rush would have been gone . He has not improved and is slow .
DeNucci throwing motion and decision making make him hard to take seriously . He is a backyard flag football /junior college material . Another strange MCCarthy acquisition as he has a connection to DeNucci . the bottom line , dallas has only Grier as a project . Jerry again did not give Dak any competition at a critical position . There plenty this off season and still think mayfield or garropolo could have been acquired affordably . Now we have to rely on a dinky Dak who is becoming more and more prone to injuries and performance swings .

Will Grier may win the backup job but missing yesterdays game didn’t help his cause.

basel90

Reaction score
Mayfield's 2022 salary is $18M (guaranteed) and Garropolo's is $24M ( not sure if it's guaranteed) but if he's "acquired" him as you suggest, you taking his contract. You wanna pay this kind of $$$$$$ for a backup QB?

Yet, I'm funny for NOT taking your post "serious"
The cowboys have the cap space and had it before this stage , garropolo or baker can be signed to longer deals without such cap impact. leaving it as it as you suggest would leave the cowboys whole season and possibly next season vulnerable to any injury and gives dak no real competition . which i think is what you are preferring here.
Right now the cowboys have the worst situation in the NFL at the back up position , enjoy,

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The cowboys have the cap space and had it before this stage , garropolo or baker can be signed to longer deals without such cap impact. leaving it as it as you suggest would leave the cowboys whole season and possibly next season vulnerable to any injury and gives dak no real competition . which i think is what you are preferring here.
Right now the cowboys have the worst situation in the NFL at the back up position , enjoy,

:facepalm:

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I’d keep Grier as the #2 and keep the nooch on the PS.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I wanna see more of Ben. I admit I've been pretty hard on him but played with a lot of moxie and confidence. In other words, we know Cooper game but can we trust Ben as Dak's backup

Personally, I'll take Josh Johnson. I can't believe this dude has been trying to break into this league for more than a DECADE! It's a good thing our starters weren't in the game last night because this dude who looked like an MVP probably would have carved up our first-string D like Wilson did on Thursday.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Not everyone is a starter 2 years in. He reminds me a lot of of young Romo who took 4 or 5 years to become the starter.

Give him time.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i saw improvement.
but i ain't puttin' nooch at QB2.
no way.
no how.
no chance.

i was disappointed in rush.
this opens the door for grier.
can't wait for the next game.

KDM256

Reaction score
Cooper has been with this team way too long to look the way he does while on the field. 5 years is plenty of time to show your worth and I'm sure very few fans will feel comfortable with him under center if Dak gets hurt.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I wanna see more of Ben. I admit I've been pretty hard on him but played with a lot of moxie and confidence. In other words, we know Cooper game but can we trust Ben as Dak's backup

That is like comparing dog crap to cat piss

RomoLover94

Reaction score

We got to see Ben against the eagles and he looked totally lost and terrified to be on the field. It’s shocking he’s still in the NFL. Good guy but he’s not an NFL QB period.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Not everyone is a starter 2 years in. He reminds me a lot of of young Romo who took 4 or 5 years to become the starter.
Romo took over midseason to an aging Bledsoe in his 4th season w/Dallas. Had Bledsoe shown degression earlier, Romo would have taken over. Had nothing to do w/whether Romo was ready or not.
I don't think it had anything to do w/not trusting Romo earlier being Bledsoe was still the starter & go to guy for Parcells. Once he seen Bledsoe go down hill, it was time to pull the plug on him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo took over midseason to an aging Bledsoe in his 3rd season w/Dallas. Had nothing to do with not trusting Romo earlier being Bledsoe was still the starter & go to guy for Parcells.
4th season.

Romo
2003: UDFA
2004: season 2
2005: season 3
2006: season 4 (became a starter)

2004: Vinny Testaverde
2005: Signed Bledsoe
2006: Bledsoe, then Romo started game 7.

I'm repeating exactly what Parcells has said.
- He said that at the point he acquired Bledsoe in 2005, that Romo had shown he could do everything required of an NFL QB, except throw the ball away when the play was not there.