Disappointment of Demarcus Lawrence

jay94

Reaction score
Where is the hate for the highest paid rb in the league? Is it a shocker Zeke has never been rated by PFF to be elite? The defense was not good this year, Lawrence was one of the few bright spots. Lawrence was elite, and somehow one stat is the be all end all. Linebackers, cbs, and lineman couldn't tackle, but he could, that all gets easily forgotten I guess. Lawrence made elite grading. Meanwhile with the 31st penalized oline and 31st passing attack we had Darren Mcfadden rush for more ypc, behind an elite line, all we get from Zeke is average to good.

Big_D

Reaction score
Where is the hate for the highest paid rb in the league? Is it a shocker Zeke has never been rated by PFF to be elite? The defense was not good this year, Lawrence was one of the few bright spots. Lawrence was elite, and somehow one stat is the be all end all. Linebackers, cbs, and lineman couldn't tackle, but he could, that all gets easily forgotten I guess. Lawrence made elite grading. Meanwhile with the 31st penalized oline and 31st passing attack we had Darren Mcfadden rush for more ypc, behind an elite line, all we get from Zeke is average to good.

There's enough hate to go round. Zeke, Lawrence, Garrett, Jerry, Marinelli, Maher, Dak, the list goes on and a lot needs to improve on both sides of the ball.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I think Zeke had a below avg season, he was 5th in rushing and 2nd in all purpose yards 12 TD. Lawrence 5 sacks on the season .5 over the last 7 games and 45 tackles on the season.I don't live my fantasy football numbers, league by and large will pay out big money for top sack men, that is why DLaw got his. Had his contract season been this year I don't think Cowboys pay that nor do I think any team would have paid him to be the highest paid DE in the league based on his production this past season

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't know how long did it take Jordan? Why did Dlaw get them in 2017 and 2018 yet gets 5 this past season. You think those sack totals had a lot to do with getting the contract? I do, I think teams put a lot on pressure and yes sacks which is why sack leaders are always highly sought after players. You continue to say sacks are an offensive stat? yet teams pay big money for top sack guys because it is not an offensive stat it is a defensive stats than means a lot to any defense.
You can't have an opinion on whether it is an offensive or defensive stat and not have a baseline in how long it should take to sack the quarterback.

DLaws numbers went down b/c A) number of pass rush snaps and B) offenses they played against. That's it. He didn't get worse lol.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think Zeke had a below avg season, he was 5th in rushing and 2nd in all purpose yards 12 TD. Lawrence 5 sacks on the season .5 over the last 7 games and 45 tackles on the season.I don't live my fantasy football numbers, league by and large will pay out big money for top sack men, that is why DLaw got his. Had his contract season been this year I don't think Cowboys pay that nor do I think any team would have paid him to be the highest paid DE in the league based on his production this past season
He isn't the highest paid in the league lol. His AAV is 2.5 less than Khalil Mack and he got $35m less guaranteed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There's enough hate to go round. Zeke, Lawrence, Garrett, Jerry, Marinelli, Maher, Dak, the list goes on and a lot needs to improve on both sides of the ball.

Thing is I don't hate Lawrence. If I saw him as nothing more than a JAG player I would have said nothing but I don't I see him as a key player and he did not play near to the ability he had shown the past 2 season. Unlike some here I don't hate on players but I will not make excuses for them either. My hope is he comes out next season and produce to the level he showed in 2017 and 2018 and did so despite the shoulder problem. However refuse to sit here and act like he had a great season and that is play was elite, it was not close to elite. How do you go from fewer tackles and sacks and claim that as being elite or a successful season?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You can't have an opinion on whether it is an offensive or defensive stat and not have a baseline in how long it should take to sack the quarterback.

DLaws numbers went down b/c A) number of pass rush snaps and B) offenses they played against. That's it. He didn't get worse lol.

Fine you can believe as you choose and for the record I think less than 3 sec is what your looking for. Yes there will be pass plays that guys will not be able to get their as the offense calls short quick routs where the QB is getting the ball out quick. Yet many others are playing these same teams dealing with the same situation and manage to produce. Dlaw did as well but did not this past season. So you go on and cheer mediocrity all you want, I will not. As I posted above I don't hate DLaw, I don't want to trade him or cut him I just want better production than he showed this past season. If I felt this was as good as it gets I would say nothing but based on his past play vs this past season play I will not change my view

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Fine you can believe as you choose and for the record I think less than 3 sec is what your looking for. Yes there will be pass plays that guys will not be able to get their as the offense calls short quick routs where the QB is getting the ball out quick. Yet many others are playing these same teams dealing with the same situation and manage to produce. Dlaw did as well but did not this past season. So you go on and cheer mediocrity all you want, I will not. As I posted above I don't hate DLaw, I don't want to trade him or cut him I just want better production than he showed this past season. If I felt this was as good as it gets I would say nothing but based on his past play vs this past season play I will not change my view
Ok. The average NFL time to throw this year was 2.78 seconds. By your own logic, sacks are an offensive stat, b/c teams throw the ball before defenders can be expected to get there.

Verdict

Reaction score
He didn't force anything, Jerry didn't have to sign him. The lack of an elite DT hurt him, I never questioned his hustle. But, I get where you're coming from.

While I agree with this statement, I’m not sure the effort was as evident this year.

Verdict

Reaction score
I wonder how much of it was due to getting surgery late and not being ready when the season started
Hopefully Nolan and MM can fix a lot of the motivation issues on this team

Thats on Tank.