Discord in Commander Land!!!

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
They'll probably do a post-June 1st cut and then the hit will be only his pro-rated salary bonus in 2006 with the remainder of the hit taken in 2007.
I think either way they do it he will cost them 12+\- million next season. He is due a large roster bonus before the june 1 cuts So I would expect them to release him before then.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
The case wasn't dropped it was settled out of court with Lavar receiving the money in incentives that with him on the bench he will never be able to get. So I guess Dan Snyder gets his money one way or another in this case.

Either way LaVar didnt "win" the case. The Commanders played damage control to appease a fan favorite. And incentive based bonuses are much harder to achieve. Just goes to show again how the Postons are incompetent.

Unfortunately for LaVar the defense is playing just fine without him. There is no incentive to get him into the mix to disrupt that chemistry. With that said, I feel confident that when LaVar "does what he needs to do to get into the game". Williams will make sure that he is playing.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Either way LaVar didnt "win" the case. The Commanders played damage control to appease a fan favorite. And incentive based bonuses are much harder to achieve. Just goes to show again how the Postons are incompetent.

Unfortunately for LaVar the defense is playing just fine without him. There is no incentive to get him into the mix to disrupt that chemistry. With that said, I feel confident that when LaVar "does what he needs to do to get into the game". Williams will make sure that he is playing.

Do you think your D is that much better without him? I think they are about the same either way so my question is why not play him with hopes of increasing his trade value due to the cap hit next year, or are the Skins looking at trying to keep him healthy and get a lower trade value, but atleast getting something vs nothing for an injured player?

AtlCB

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
First off, LaVar hasnt been to 4 probowls.
Second, Probowls are really BS.
Third, The Commanders would have won the case had it not been dropped. The Commanders made amends to satisfy a player that they felt could contribute at some point and is viewed as a fan favorite with incredible talent and upside.
Fourth, who said he sucked ? I for one have always felt that LaVar can hurt on a drive as much as he can help end one. He is inconsistent.

LaVar doesn't play disciplined football. Marvin Lewis said that he was one of the hardest players to coach, Joe Pa said that LaVar was the third best LB on that team, Gibbs has said that he has spoken to LaVar more than any other player in his 30 years of coaching, and that LaVar clearly knows what needs to be done for him to get on the field.

The Commanders run a very disciplined D that was proven successful without LaVar and Bailey last season, and without Smoot, and Pierce this season. With a rookie CB this season, with a rookie S last season. It is a system. If LaVar cant embrace the system then he wont play.

Unfortunately even with all of his talent, LaVar doesn't get it.
I believe that the most convincing argument that you can make is that the defense is a lot better without LaVar starting. He has some incredible talent, but he is not disciplined enough to play anywhere close to his potential. The fact that he free lances too much has been posted on this forum for years and disputed by some Commanders' fans who visited the site. Unfortunately for you, your team is better off without him.

AtlCB

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Do you think your D is that much better without him? I think they are about the same either way so my question is why not play him with hopes of increasing his trade value due to the cap hit next year, or are the Skins looking at trying to keep him healthy and get a lower trade value, but atleast getting something vs nothing for an injured player?
Their defense is better off without him. LaVar gave up a lot of big plays by being out of position. The Deadskins defense has played much better without him starting.

Reaction score
followthestar said:
old-school coaches (the ones who win usually) understand football is a team game, and players - no matter their talent - won't play unless they understand that. lavar has more talent than his replacement i'm sure, but until he buys into the team concept, i think he'll continue to ride the pine as often as he plays. just another example of the lack of chemistry among the Commanders - and the reason they won't finish with a winning record regardless of their talent level...

Your kidding right? Our team has great chemistry. That is why we aren't playing Lavar to ruin it. He will eventually get it into his noggin. I find it more disturbing that Roy can blame another teammate for both of their mistakes.

Reaction score
Eddie said:
The Skins are forking themselves. He's going to count $12 mil against their cap next season if he's cut.

He has several million in roster bonus' coming up. The team is going to have to be nice to him. He's the one with the power at this point ... unless the team plans to eat the $12 mil.

Let's go Skins!!

You are right...why we paid him to sit on the bench is beyond me.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Taylor_Can_Hit21 said:
Your kidding right? Our team has great chemistry. That is why we aren't playing Lavar to ruin it. He will eventually get it into his noggin. I find it more disturbing that Roy can blame another teammate for both of their mistakes.
Bill Parcells actually blamed the other player. I would take Bill's opinion over yours on who was at fault, since he knows better than any of us whose had that responsibility on that play.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
According to reports I have seen Arrington does too much free lancing on the field and tends to vacate areas he is responsible for because he is trying to make plays on his own. Which goes back to this is a team sports and you can't have players doing their own thing
Bingo. I've heard this for years about the guy. Way overrated.

Brave

Reaction score
followthestar said:
old-school coaches (the ones who win usually) understand football is a team game, and players - no matter their talent - won't play unless they understand that. lavar has more talent than his replacement i'm sure, but until he buys into the team concept, i think he'll continue to ride the pine as often as he plays. just another example of the lack of chemistry among the Commanders - and the reason they won't finish with a winning record regardless of their talent level...
I agree with a lot of this post ... right up until you say that the coaches benching Arrington is "another example of the lack of chemistry among the Commanders - and the reason they won't finish with a winning record regardless of their talent level"

The way I see it, this will send a much-needed message to the team and will bring the rest of them together rather than tear them apart. This statement will ADD chemistry.

Reaction score
AtlCB said:
Bill Parcells actually blamed the other player. I would take Bill's opinion over yours on who was at fault, since he knows better than any of us whose had that responsibility on that play.

When a corner is getting beat on a pass play it is up to the safety to help out. Point blank.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Taylor_Can_Hit21 said:
When a corner is getting beat on a pass play it is up to the safety to help out. Point blank.
Parcells knows more about the coverage scheme used on that play. Point blank.