Discuss - MAXIM MAGAZINE Unveils Their ``Hot 100'' for 2005

k19

Reaction score
MAXIM MAGAZINE Unveils Their ``Hot 100'' for 2005Tuesday May 10, 3:00 am ET
Eva Longoria Crowned #1 This Year

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 10, 2005--MAXIM Magazine, the #1 best-selling men's lifestyle magazine in the country and the world, unveils their highly anticipated 6th annual Hot 100 list. "Desperate Housewives" Eva Longoria heads up the list with the #1 spot. Rounding out the Top 10: "Lost" breakout actress Evangeline Lilly (#2); "Alias's" Jennifer Garner (#3); "Herbie: Fully Loaded's" Lindsay Lohan (#4); "Fantastic Four's" Jessica Alba (#5); "The O.C.'s" Rachel Bilson (#6); "Mr. and Mrs. Smith's" Angelina Jolie (#7); "Sin City's" Brittany Murphy (#8); "Dukes of Hazzard" star Jessica Simpson (#9) and "D.E.B.S.'" Sara Foster (#10).
Source: MAXIM Magazine

The MAXIM Hot 100 continues to be a barometer of Hollywood cool, and this marks its 6th anniversary. Each year, MAXIM chooses 100 of the most successful women of the year in film, television, music, sports and fashion. All of the women on the list have several things in common, a tremendous amount of buzz and heat surrounding them, undeniable beauty and a promise of greater things to come. Editors are given the daunting task of selecting which of these women will keep people talking throughout the year.

"The MAXIM Hot 100 is the end result of a process in which experts examine thousands of beautiful women and refine them down to the very hottest," says MAXIM Editor-in-Chief Ed Needham. "These are the women whose names are on the lips of people the world over, whose careers are headed for the dizziest heights and whose looks will scorch the back off your retina."

Longoria, who has seen her stardom rocket since the premiere of ABC's "Desperate Housewives," says of her #1 status, "This year has been amazing for me. To be on the #1 television show and for MAXIM to choose me as #1 on their Hot 100 list is incredible."

Longoria joins past #1 picks, Jessica Simpson (2004), Christina Aguilera (2003), Jennifer Garner (2002) and Jessica Alba (2001). Each girl continues to captivate audiences and garner worldwide attention. MAXIM selects women for the Hot 100 that they think will break new ground in the years to come. In 2004, MAXIM first brought Eva Longoria to our attention (#91) before "Desperate Housewives" even existed. Katie Holmes makes her debut on the list this year (#22) only days after she started dating the most famous man in the world, Tom Cruise.

Another newcomer to the Top 10, Rachel Bilson (#6), placed on the list at #58 when "The O.C." was only in its first season. This year Bilson knocks co-star Mischa Barton out of the #6 slot.

Just as they have in the ratings this year, the women of ABC dominate the Top 10 with Jennifer Garner ("Alias"), Evangeline Lilly ("Lost") and Eva Longoria taking the top three spots. Just as they have in the past, women in music also dominate Hot 100 list. Jessica Simpson (#9), Ashanti (#13), Beyonce (#17), Ciara (#35), Avril Lavigne (#36) and are just a few of the successful female artists that grace this year's list.

The MAXIM Hot 100 supplement will be available with the June issue of MAXIM featuring "Las Vegas" actress Vanessa Marcil (#19) on the cover. The June issue also features a layout with "The L Word's" Sarah Shahi (#90), "Celebrity Advisor" column with Anthony Michael Hall and a Q&A with "Entourage's" Kevin Dillon. Based on the huge success and national appeal of the Hot 100, VH1 will be airing a 1-hour special hosted by Rachel Perry (#49) on May 22 at 10:00 p.m.

MAXIM is the men's lifestyle magazine published 12 times a year by Dennis Publishing. Editor-in-Chief: Ed Needham. Editorial Director: Andy Clerkson. Group Publisher: Robert F. Gregory. Dennis Publishing, Inc. is a media company that publishes the two most successful modern men's lifestyle magazines in America -- MAXIM (2.5 million rate base) and Stuff (1.3 million rate base) -- along with general interest music magazine Blender (Advertising Age's Launch of the Year), and The Week, a distillation of the week's most important news and opinion from the U.S. and international media. MAXIM, Stuff, Blender and The Week are registered trademarks of Felix Dennis. MAXIM Radio is broadcast on Sirius Satellite Radio on channel 145.

MAXIM HOT 100

1. Eva Longoria
2. Evangeline Lilly
3. Jennifer Garner
4. Lindsay Lohan
5. Jessica Alba
6. Rachel Bilson
7. Angelina Jolie
8. Brittany Murphy
9. Jessica Simpson
10. Sara Foster
11. Cameron Diaz
12. Eva Mendez
13. Ashanti
14. Rachel McAdams
15. Charlize Theron
16. Christina Aguilera
17. Beyonce Knowles
18. Jessica Biel
19. Vanessa Marcil
20. Paris Hilton
21. Uma Thurman
22. Katie Holmes
23. Kate Beckinsale
24. Scarlett Johansson
25. Sofia Vergara
26. Sarah Michelle Gellar
27. Maggie Grace
28. Jaime King
29. Anna Kournikova
30. Christina Milian
31. Brook Burns
32. Jennifer Love Hewitt
33. Mischa Barton
34. Salma Hayek
35. Ciara
36. Avril Lavigne
37. Nicole Richie
38. Kate Bosworth
39. Shania Twain
40. Pamela Anderson
41. Halle Berry
42. Natalie Portman
43. Kelly Carlson
44. Malia Jones
45. Poppy Montgomery
46. Ashley Scott
47. Emilie de Ravin
48. Sienna Miller
49. Rachel Perry
50. Diane Kruger
51. Nikki Cox
52. Cameron Richardson
53. Keira Knightley
54. Jordana Brewster
55. Samaire Armstrong
56. Lacey Chabert
57. Heidi Klum
58. Brittany
59. Angela Marcello
60. Brittany Gastineau
61. Olivia Wilde
62. Vanessa Minnilo
63. Lauren Bush
64. Kim Smith
65. Leila Arcieri
66. Kelly Brook
67. Kristin Kreuk
68. Kristen Bell
69. Mena Suvari
70. Krista Allen
71. Molly Sims
72. Aisha Tyler
73. Amber Brkich
74. Natassia Malthe
75. Catherine Bell
76. Shana Hiatt
77. Laura Prepon
78. Joanna Krupa
79. Joanne Montanez
80. Rebecca Romijn
81. Grace Park
82. Milla Jovovich
83. Tricia Helfer
84. Donna Feldman
85. Ana Hickman
86. Emma Heming
87. Alexis Bledel
88. Jennifer Aniston
89. Bonnie-Jill Laflin
90. Sara Shahi
91. Summer Altice
92. Bali Rodriguez
93. Lokelani McMichael
94. Amy Cobb
95. Arielle Kebbel
96. Jenni Finch
97. Julie Berry
98. Ivana Bozilovic
99. Moon Bloodgood
100. Adrianne Curry

I thought I'd post this up because, quite frankly, its all they have been talking about on NFL Radio since it came out. What a joke this thing is.
Longoria, Lilly, Garner, Lohan, and Alba as the top 5????? Beyonce all the way down at 17 and Nicole Richie as high as 37?? Who'd Rebecca Romijn pay off to make the list at all. Probably the same person Nicole Richie paid.

And who puts my girl as low as 7????
51305986_10.jpg

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Catherine Zeta Jones not on the list ? :confused:

Salma Hayek as low as 34 ?

Shania Twain as low as 39 ?

Absolute worst of all, Brook Burke is not on the list ? :eek: There is nothing wrong with Brook !

This is a joke !!

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Catherine Zeta Jones not on the list ? :confused:

Salma Hayek as low as 34 ?

Shania Twain as low as 39 ?

Absolute worst of all, Brook Burke is not on the list ? :eek: There is nothing wrong with Brook !

This is a joke !!

Exactly, any list without CZJ is a joke. She should be in the top 10 IMO. So should Salma and Kate Beckinsale.

What the hell is Nicole Richie doin in the list.
Where's Faith Hill?

I do like the top 2 though.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Since this list is obviously a popularity list that has little-to-nothing to do with actual looks, I'd propose booting Anna K. and replacing her with Maria Sharapova... all 6'1" of her!

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Jennifer Lopez is not even on the list?

That list is great... if you judge how hot girls are by how famous they are currently. What a joke.
I don't like Maxim anyway. The girls in their spreads are wack every month anyway. Will somebody please tell these magazines that real women have curves. I'll pass on these flat-chested, no hips, no booty, skinny longlegged gals for a real woman with some meat on her anyday.

How do you expect to bear children with such a thin frame? Isn't that what makes a woman sexy to begin with?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Not me, I'd put Angelina at one, with everyone else a distant second.

I truly believe, with much research, that as many, IF NOT MORE, women find Jolie attractive as men.

What is it you ladies like about her? She just doesn't do it for me.

And I don't see Monica Bellucci. I call bollocks. That woman is gorgeous.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
jane seymour
carol alt
linda evangelista ....all yummy

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I agree with CR. Angelina Jolie does nothing for me. I don't get it ... and I have noticed that women think she's hot.

Also agree with Quickdraw. Real women have curves, especially below the waist. Jennifer Lopez may be a little slow, but her and her azz belong on the list.

I probably saw 10 girls on that list that I've seen or heard of before ... the other 90 I have no clue.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
NOT ON THE LIST !!

Does anyone else find her "pleasing to the eye" ?

bb.jpeg

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
She's ok to me
She looks ok to me too, ... but not on this phony list.

If I made a list, it would stop at about 10.