Discuss - MAXIM MAGAZINE Unveils Their ``Hot 100'' for 2005

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
In an anorexic heroin addict sort of way yeah lol
See, you guys just don' t get it. Sex appeal, that is. ;)

Thorton is way way sexier than Ms. Jolie's current alleged paramour, the pretty boy who butchered Troy on tv tonite.

The first film I really noticed Billy Bob was one of Bill Paxton's many 'break out films', One False Step (darn good film).

Thornton plays a very bad guy, and in no way lovable, but he freaking steamed on the screen. I found him mesmerizing. I had seen him in a a few small roles before, notably Tombstone in whcih he played a pudgy wanna be bully, but in this one he put it together - the snaky, intense, dangerous rebel.

The fact he can do so well a Sling Blade mental defective, a Man Who Wasn't There, and a heroic Davy Crockett of course makes him even sexier.

But this is the epitome of the seedy pool hall hustler with big dreams and velvet hands mystique. He gets all the girls while the Robert Redfords wonder why.

He makes Pitt look like a caddy.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
See, you guys just don' t get it. Sex appeal, that is. ;)

Thorton is way way sexier than Ms. Jolie's current alleged paramour, the pretty boy who butchered Troy on tv tonite.

The first film I really noticed Billy Bob was one of Bill Paxton's many 'break out films', One False Step (darn good film).

Thornton plays a very bad guy, and in no way lovable, but he freaking steamed on the screen. I found him mesmerizing. I had seen him in a a few small roles before, notably Tombstone in whcih he played a pudgy wanna be bully, but in this one he put it together - the snaky, intense, dangerous rebel.

The fact he can do so well a Sling Blade mental defective, a Man Who Wasn't There, and a heroic Davy Crockett of course makes him even sexier.

But this is the epitome of the seedy pool hall hustler with big dreams and velvet hands mystique. He gets all the girls while the Robert Redfords wonder why.

He makes Pitt look like a caddy.

No doubt he's a great actor but sexy too each their own

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
jane seymour
carol alt
linda evangelista ....all yummy

You're not allowed to call the entire list "yummy"...you have to take a stand and narrow your selections down to oh, say, 90 or so. :p:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
No doubt he's a great actor but sexy too each their own
True, and you as a male can't be expected to appreciate his sexiness. :)

But I think a pretty good litmus test for women is to ask them whom they find more attractive...Thornton or Pitt. Dollars to donuts the vast majority of times the far 'handsomer' loses the 'sexiest' part of the quiz.

Kevin Costner was once known as "the thinking woman's hunk", (I disagreed, or just didn't qualify as a thinking woman...he's blandness personified.) But for women of any age who appreciate something more - more dangerous, more worldly, more intense, more complex, more virile - it's Billy Bob.

Thornton is for connoisseurs. ;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
True, and you as a male can't be expected to appreciate his sexiness. :)

But I think a pretty good litmus test for women is to ask them whom they find more attractive...Thornton or Pitt. Dollars to donuts the vast majority of times the far 'handsomer' loses the 'sexiest' part of the quiz.

Kevin Costner was once known as "the thinking woman's hunk", (I disagreed, or just didn't qualify as a thinking woman...he's blandness personified.) But for women of any age who appreciate something more - more dangerous, more worldly, more intense, more complex, more virile - it's Billy Bob.

Thornton is for connoisseurs. ;)
My wife prefers the cuddly teddy bear types :D

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
My wife prefers the cuddly teddy bear types :D
That's another way under-appreciated 'type'. The British actor Brendan Gleeson and the Scottish actor Robbie Coltrane come to mind.

Both these Madden sized teddies are hotter than Depp, Pitt, Reeves, et al.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
That's another way under-appreciated 'type'. The British actor Brendan Gleeson and the Scottish actor Robbie Coltrane come to mind.

Both these Madden sized teddies are hotter than Depp, Pitt, Reeves, et al.
She also like the hunky former football player types....Moose and Woody to be exact :D

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I just noticed that Alyssa Milano is not on this list either ? ? ?

No top 100 list should be without her.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
She also like the hunky former football player types....Moose and Woody to be exact :D
My wife is not a big football fan but we saw Moose with his daughter at Chuck E. Cheese's and she thought he was "beautiful". She saw him before I did.

He was incredibly fit. Looked a cut 215 pounds. Clean cut with gray hair. I could see him being a handsome manly type guy.

My wife doesn't like Pitt either. All these Hollywood sex symbol guys are like 5'8" and 140 pounds, lol.

She actually likes Nic Cage the best of the hollywood crew.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the..? "Halle Berry"? "41"???

Please.

Ten years from now, if she continues to take care of herself and not get into any more hit-and-run situations, Halle Berry will STILL belong in the top 15.

Who's voting for these lists? The National Association of Blind People?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
DallasEast said:
What the..? "Halle Berry"? "41"???

Please.

Ten years from now, if she continues to take care of herself and not get into any more hit-and-run situations, Halle Berry will STILL belong in the top 15.

Who's voting for these lists? The National Association of Blind People?
Who's voting clearly has a very narrowly defined and ethno-centric idea of what constitutes beauty. That was clear at first glance, and these things always are. But then this is Maxim, right?

Any list of 100 that leaves out Tyra Banks (a top ten in my book, and the most beautiful of the super models) Gabrielle Union, as lucious as they come, Mo'nique, Thandi Newton, Alicia Keyes, CeCe Winans, Iman, and Levon Evans has missed the boat. Naomi Campbell also belongs on.

Beyonce made it as she is as ubiquitous as Britney Spears was, plus she had to have gotten some major booty vote.

As for Berry, she'd dresden doll perfect and must have an 18 inch waist...I prefer the gal in WG's avatar myself, tho.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
And you told me once we had the same taste in women.

I gotta stick up for my girl. And I am only speaking of her film roles, not Hollywood gossip or private life stuff.

She combines the voluptuous sensuality of Sophia Loren with the diva attitude of Bacall. Throw in a very obvious high-energy/appetite, a genuine sense of style and a great bod, and I think you have the sexiest actress in film today.

Zeta Jones is more beautiful, Ashley Judd more stylish, Theron more delicately featured and Kidman more elegantly limbed...but Anglina is pure sensuality.

Anyone ever seen "Gia"?

That lack of lip gloss comment was right on tho. ;)

Like I said earlier, I don't know who 80 or 90 of the women on this list are. Beyonce is about the best-looking one I can think of ... that's just by looks. I've never even seen her interviewed.

Intelligence -- a quick, sharp mind -- is a turn-on for me. I like some of these women until I hear them interviewed, then ... ughh. I can't stand it when they take themselves too seriously. I hate pretentiousness. I like down-to-earth women who quickly spot humor in a situation. Physically, I generally prefer dark hair, and the butt and legs are important. Breast size is no big deal to me. Lips are important (Angelina doesn't look natural to me). Prefer big brown eyes.

Is there anyone on this list that fits this description? Let me know.

I'm one of those -- like you mentioned -- who thinks the girl at McDonald's is prettier than most on this list. I see women every day in person that I think are prettier than these celebs.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
jterrell said:
My wife is not a big football fan but we saw Moose with his daughter at Chuck E. Cheese's and she thought he was "beautiful". She saw him before I did.

He was incredibly fit. Looked a cut 215 pounds. Clean cut with gray hair. I could see him being a handsome manly type guy.

A female friend of mine saw Moose in El Paso and thought he was incredibly gorgeous. Must be something to it.