Disgusted

DFWJC

Reaction score
I just don't get it. Why would anyone root for a loss???? Yeah, yeah, higher draft pick, but that's not a guarantee. How can anyone watch their team and hope that they lose????
I've said this before coach, but why not one more time.

The percent of people that once played or coached sports at a high level, and that are also team-tankers, is VERY low.

Not zero---there's some out there---but usually, if you played or coached at a high level, the idea of losing on purpose is truly disgusting.

starfan1

Reaction score
I'll be 57 in a couple days. We have a lot in common!

I turn 59 on the 22nd. I too played in leagues and such for years. Then as I got in my late 40s to 50s I played with a younger guys in the leagues till I just couldn’t do it much longer bball is a younger mans game. I don’t even do pick up now it’s been almost a year. Arthritis is part of my DNA as well. Well have a great holiday man

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's ironic that those who don't care about future wins consider themselves the "true" fans.

So you put so much trust in the drafting that has got us THIS far. All these wins we been piling up! Because of our adept drafting.

Losing for imaginary fairy dust.

Good call.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, I'll try to explain.....

I got my behind handed to me all year by kids my size, and today I found a third grader to beat the living crap out of.

Glasses, I'm sure, were clanging on Air Force Jerry, but I'm not thrilled.
Not a clue. Maybe someday you’ll get it

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just don't get it. Why would anyone root for a loss???? Yeah, yeah, higher draft pick, but that's not a guarantee. How can anyone watch their team and hope that they lose????
People don’t have a clue my cowboy brother. Losing accomplishes nothing. Great fighters, you always let them destroy somebody before the step in the ring comparatively. These people never get it

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I've said this before coach, but why not one more time.

The percent of people that once played or coached sports at a high level, and that are also team-tankers, is VERY low.

Not zero---there's some out there---but usually, if you played or coached at a high level, the idea of losing on purpose is truly disgusting.
See above: Fanatic who is not thinking logically.

If you are a player or coach of course you play to win. Your job may depend on it. If you are a fan who is thinking about your teams future it is completely acceptable, actually smart, to hope your team losses meaningless games, at the end of the year, so your team will get better draft picks in every round of the upcoming draft.

Because you are a tough guy who played you never want the team you are a fan of to lose. LOL

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
How do you feel about 4-12? It's easy to say you feel great about this win or that win, but how about 4-12? I feel good about winning as well, but I'm betting as a competitor you don't like the sound of 4-12 any more than I do.
Some of us are interested in ways to turn that 4-12 into 12-4. High draft picks is one of those ways.
That is so logical to most fans. How do some fans not understand this. Oh, I forgot they are macho fanatics. They think they are still playing and coaching.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It's a win! What don't you understand? I wouldn't waste my time watching them if I wanted them to lose and i wouldn't call myself a fan.

I do understand. I want to win too. The difference is, you want to win 4, I want to win 12. We just disagree as to how to get there.
Another difference is, I don't call people non-fans just because they don't appreciate the importance of a high draft pick. You're welcome to your opinions Ranching, and if we ever see another Super Bowl, we'll both be screaming and rooting for the same team.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
i think some fans want to see a win even if its meaningless, for some personal reason.. maybe a bet or just to say we won today for their own emotional health..i cant think of any other reason they would want our draft picker lower..
when the draft actually gets here some will be like damn i wish we were one or two picks higher so we coulda grabbed so and so. Book It!

It happens every year, and it'll happen again.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to say it, but our “true fans” seem a little immature!
Says the guy obsessed with telling fans how to be.

If drafts were a sure thing....I'd go ahead and agree with you Loser Bullies.

But our drafting just isn't great enough for me to set aside my principles. Glad for you you find it that easy.

Imma stick with my players and coaches philosophy. We're a team and family and I stick with them, not you.