blumayne38

Reaction score
Cole Beasley - 65 rec
Amari Cooper - 53 rec
Michael Gallup - 33 rec
Allen Hurns - 20 rec
Zeke Elliott - 77 rec

He's not only the best RB on the team, hes the best WR

How do people think with this WR group we could easily let zeke hold out. We definitely would be losing a huge chunk of our offense.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
99% of those Zeke catches were checkdowns. I think his bomb against Detroit was the only catch he had further than 10 yards downfield, and Dak and Zeke had to call a freaking audible just to get that one.

It's awesome to see Zeke show off his hands after all the talk of how "he can't play in the passing game like Gurley / Bell / Barkley / etc", but he just didn't fill the same role in this offense that Coop or Gallup or even Hurns did.

blumayne38

Reaction score
When is he holding out? He has this year and a 5th year option left.
Apparently he knows he's accounts for a high percentage of our offense and wants his money (that I think he deserves) early

mattjames2010

Reaction score
One WR was here for 9 games, one is a rookie, one played limited snaps - Beasley is the most consistent there. Zeke is nothing special as a receiver, he was force fed by a QB who thought " I dun need no stinkin' #1 WR, I Tom Brady!" - Dak sucks. We know.

blumayne38

Reaction score
99% of those Zeke catches were checkdowns. I think his bomb against Detroit was the only catch he had further than 10 yards downfield, and Dak and Zeke had to call a freaking audible just to get that one.

It's awesome to see Zeke show off his hands after all the talk of how "he can't play in the passing game like Gurley / Bell / Barkley / etc", but he just didn't fill the same role in this offense that Coop or Gallup or even Hurns did.
20 rec by hurns and 33 rec by Gallup I hardly call filling a hole more like just an extra player on the field with no real role

blumayne38

Reaction score
Beasley's 65 rec will be hard to replace if dallas decides to move on. There is no guarantee any of or current WRs could fill that void

blumayne38

Reaction score
One WR was here for 9 games, one is a rookie, one played limited snaps - Beasley is the most consistent there. Zeke is nothing special as a receiver, he was force fed by a QB who thought " I dun need no stinkin' #1 WR, I Tom Brady!" - Dak sucks. We know.
1. Yes he is
2. How does that become a knock or a measure as to how good zeke is.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cole Beasley - 65 rec
Amari Cooper - 53 rec
Michael Gallup - 33 rec
Allen Hurns - 20 rec
Zeke Elliott - 77 rec

He's not only the best RB on the team, hes the best WR

How do people think with this WR group we could easily let zeke hold out. We definitely would be losing a huge chunk of our offense.

When you have a "Check-Down" Inept QB the above stats are as natural as smoke whens there's a fire.....

blumayne38

Reaction score
When you have a "Check-Down" Inept QB the above stats are as natural as smoke whens there's a fire.....
My reason for posting this is for people who say zeke is easily replaced. A RB yeah easy to replace. A RB with the kind of production and respect/attention that zeke receives when just standing in the backfield not so much. Agree?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My reason for posting this is for people who say zeke is easily replaced. A RB yeah easy to replace. A RB with the kind of production and respect/attention that zeke receives when just standing in the backfield not so much. Agree?

Agreed!!!!!... without Zeke our offense would be 0....as proven when he was out suspended for 6 games.....15 str8 offensive Q without 1 TD....

MojaveJT

Reaction score

I agree. This argument that we can easily replace Zeke is similar to us going the “WR by committee” approach. How’d that work out?

We don’t need no #1 receiver crowd is eating serious crow.

People expecting that we can plug in some random RB and automatically fill Zeke’s shoes is wishful thinking. He is replaceable but not some journeyman.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I agree. This argument that we can easily replace Zeke is similar to us going the “WR by committee” approach. How’d that work out?

We don’t need no #1 receiver crowd is eating serious crow.

People expecting that we can plug in some random RB and automatically fill Zeke’s shoes is wishful thinking. He is replaceable but not some journeyman.

Multiple teams "plug" in WRs and RBs that aren't considered elite and get things done. Recent past Super Bowl winners, in fact, have done this. About the only team that did it with stud WRs was the 2015 Broncos, but even then, Peyton Manning was rotting away and couldn't throw beyond 10 yards.

Nobody asked for scrubs to replace elites - however, good value and solid players go a long way at the RB and WR position. Most importantly, they don't take up a ton of cap space.