Divisional Round Saturday Game Thread

Gaede

Reaction score
I called this, but I'm a rare bird that watches a lot of Titans games.

Nobody wants this team. Good players, good coach, physical, dominant running game.....

And I've always liked Tannehill. He was just trapped in Miami.

Weird. What factors made you stick with Tannehil despite looking like garbage for multiple years? Can you describe what they are, in detail, and what Dak lacks in comparison?

erod

Reaction score
Lol. Is this the new 'don't draft a RB in the first round because Terrell Davis' argument?

The league has proven the importance of QBs in its 100 year history. You get one who can play, you keep them.

But you don't pay a glorified bus driver 20% of your salary cap.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Weird. What factors made you stick with Tannehil despite looking like garbage for multiple years? Can you describe what they are, in detail, and what Dak lacks in comparison?

Tannehill looks like a prototypical pocket passer which is why he went in the top 10. Dak went in the fourth round, and still struggles with things he struggled with coming out of college.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Baltimore is making this harder and harder. Looking like the Cowboys right now!

erod

Reaction score
Dak playing with nearly perfect personnel.

Tannehill playing with garbage in a third-world franchise.

It's not hard to decipher. Now Tannehill is looking more like the first-round pick he was.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I called this, but I'm a rare bird that watches a lot of Titans games.

Nobody wants this team. Good players, good coach, physical, dominant running game.....

And I've always liked Tannehill. He was just trapped in Miami.

Ravens are running a new offense, nobody really has alot of film on. There will be alot this offseason. Next yr i predict a avg yr

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dak playing with nearly perfect personnel.

Tannehill playing with garbage in a third-world franchise.

It's not hard to decipher. Now Tannehill is looking more like the first-round pick he was.

Ones playing with good coaching

The other played for a coach you have said it one of the worst all time.

But you forget about this when talking about Dak.

Gaede

Reaction score
Tannehill looks like a prototypical pocket passer which is why he went in the top 10. Dak went in the fourth round, and still struggles with things he struggled with coming out of college.

He's been complete trash for 7 years. Jeff George and Ryan Leaf also 'looked' like pocket passers and sucked *** at football.

Can you guys just call it like it is? What is the one factor that makes a journeyman like Tannehil--a proven failure and bust in the league--somehow superior to a decent Qb like Dak? Just be straight up. Why does a guy like Tannehil get the benefit of the doubt, when Dak, who unseated an extremely good QB in his friggin' rookie season, is just inherently limited?

MikeB80

Reaction score
You’re right. That’s something Parcells used to do. If the offense started with the ball in opponent territory. He used to dial up the playaction pass deep to go for the immediate big play.

Excellent coaching.

everybody did it. It is the old school way. The Titans OC came into the league with Joe Gibbs in washington and learned from Mike Mularkey who learned from a lot of people but mostly from the Earhardt and the coryell offensive guys.