Divorcing Dak and MM

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The way this offseason has played out— it is clear the FO is setting up Dak and MM for failure. The latest comment from JJ about being “locked and loaded” and ready to go into the season with Dak’s current cap number is telling.

By standing firm and making Dak play out current contract— they can blame his greed for their inactivity in FA, and justify walking away from him next year when he inevitably fails to deliver once again. It is clear they don’t want to commit to him at his current asking price— so either his number comes down bc he has a bad year, or he walks away and the team is free from the contract.

As for Mike? They are letting him play out his deal as well, and instead of paying him 5 million for sitting on the couch— they have another scapegoat to hang the 2024 failure on.

The FO is cutting their own throat this year. None of their decisions resemble a team building to win. They look like a team trying to maneuver out of a predicament (of their own making) and set things up for a Dakless future.

One thing is for sure: this season will suck for the fans. Instead of “all in”—— Our response to getting destroyed by GB has been to fold, then pull out our mobile phone at the poker table and play Candy Crush and pick our nose.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If Trey can play MM stays.
Dak...........R.I.P.
Trey is the X factor. Has he flashed in practice and shown potential in the film room? Do they know something the rest of the world doesn’t?

If he has— then their current stance with Dak makes a ton of sense.

Guess we will find out at TC — but all eyes will be on Lance and any possible QB controversy.

Nav22

Reaction score
I hope you’re right. The trouble is these morons are quite capable of wasting the off-season and signing Dak to an extension in preseason.
"Wasting the offseason"?

This offseason has been a disaster. Which team do you root for?
:lmao2:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I hope you’re right. The trouble is these morons are quite capable of wasting the off-season and signing Dak to an extension in preseason.
They are definitely playing chicken, and they have caved in on these types of extensions before.

Doing so again would not surprise me in the least. Could absolutely see them doing that— and then scrambling to fill out the roster with C grade free agents with the “cap savings”

If they have gone this far playing hardball— then see it through for once.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trey is the X factor. Has he flashed in practice and shown potential in the film room? Do they know something the rest of the world doesn’t?

Guess we will find out at TC — but all eyes will be on Lance and any possible QB controversy.
Dak is on his last stretch as the Cowboys QB1 and he knows it.
The team has lesser talent now and hey let's face it some of our stars have lost faith in the Dakster.
If there's a QB controversy it will be between Trey and Rush as I highly doubt Dak finishes the season as the starter.
Things will go south very quickly esp if the top end of our schedule is against playoff teams.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The team has lesser talent now and hey let's face it some of our stars have lost faith in the Dakster.
If there's a QB controversy it will be between Trey and Rush as I highly doubt Dak finishes the season as the starter.
Things will go south very quickly esp if the top end of our schedule is against playoff teams.
I think Trey is going to be given every opportunity to shine— and with our talkative FO— they will not miss any chance to overhype the “Lance is a franchise QB” bandwagon.

I would be surprised if Dak doesn’t play out his season though. He has to demonstrate ability to get another contract. If he struggles or gets hurt— his value goes down and he would be a year older.

He and his agent probably never thought this FO would choose the nuclear option when it came to this next contract.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Trey is going to be given every opportunity to shine— and with our talkative FO— they will not miss any chance to overhype the “Lance is a franchise QB” bandwagon.

I would be surprised if Dak doesn’t play out his season though. He has to demonstrate ability to get another contract. If he struggles or gets hurt— his value goes down and he would be a year older.

He and his agent probably never thought this FO would choose the nuclear option when it came to this next contract.
Sorry bud is this a joke?
Last time out he was 1-4 and losing to the Giants at home when that injury and the Pity factor gave him that contract?
Nothing is saving him now...............NADA............The fraud is up and the King is Naked.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry has decided to get even after that Green Bay game.

Imagine sitting in that box with a home game and being embarrassed to that degree.

It certainly doesn't appear as if he's going all in like he said it appears as if he's going to see if DAk can carry the team.

He seems to have gone the extra mile to make sure it's going to be as difficult as possible for him to do this.

If we have a good draft a lot of young players on rookie contracts maybe he decides to move on and draft a quarterback the following year where we should have a pretty good draft pick by tanking this year.

Looks like Jerry's definition of all in is throwing in the towel getting a fresh trainer and a new fighter to try to win a championship with

khiladi

Reaction score

I don’t think Trey is that big of a factor long-term, as they aren’t exercising his option year. If he sucks, they will draft QB next year.

khiladi

Reaction score
Last time out he was 1-4 and losing to the Giants at home when that injury and the Pity factor gave him that contract?
Nothing is saving him now...............NADA............The fraud is up and the King is Naked.
It boggles me where this narrative he earned the other contract comes from. He has 7 TOs and a bunch of garbage time stats, while losing. Without Zeke during the 6 game suspension, he was awful. Without Cooper, awful. It wasn’t just bad, it was awful. He had zero impact like an good, let alone, elite QB would have under those circumstances.

Like what exactly did he earn? The year prior, they were among the worst teams on third down. Dak couldn’t even beat Wentz to get into the play-offs, even though the RG with Zeke and Pollard was really good and destroyed the Rams and Commanders before they decided to put the game against the Eagles in his hands.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is in reality what Dak has earned after all the scape-goating for his failures and being carried by other players, not a huge contract.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think Trey is that big of a factor long-term, as they aren’t exercising his option year. If he sucks, they will draft QB next year.
Why would they exercise that fifth year right now especially at that price. He is still an unknown commodity (even if he is tearing it up behind the scenes) plus you can still offer him a long term deal at a lower cap hit after next season.

plymkr

Reaction score
If Trey can play MM stays.
Dak...........R.I.P.
I think you’re right. One things they said is Dak was told to hit the back foot and if 1st read is gone then go check down and if that’s gone throw it away. Well at least Romo and Collingsworth said that. Lance would bring an element of running if the 1st and 2nd reads are gone.

Also everyone says since he didn’t make it in SF then he won’t be good here. Well Shanny’s system is better and more complicated than ours. Like they have designed, effective plays. But our system is so dumbed down to be “Dak friendly “ that maybe Lance can excel in it. Maybe SF was too complex of an offense for him.

We won’t know unless we play him consistently and hopefully that comes sooner than later.

plymkr

Reaction score
Why would they exercise that fifth year right now especially at that price. He is still an unknown commodity (even if he is tearing it up behind the scenes) plus you can still offer him a long term deal at a lower cap hit after next season.
Exactly. If Trey were to have a breakout season next year that doesn’t mean he will be able to command a market value contract.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You don't listen as usual, none of that matters because Dak will have an MVP season again and the contract is already written up for real they just need to see if the 700th touchdown he throws this year will be in the beginning or the end of the season!

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
This is in reality what Dak has earned after all the scape-goating for his failures and being carried by other players, not a huge contract.
It really began with Dak "betting on himself ", his whole approach was selfish. Refusing to sign for 5 years, which would have given the team more flexibility with the cap, why so they would have to renew him sooner than later? He put his team over a barrel. He ain't that dude he overestimated his value. Bro, you are the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. You are getting revenue from all sorts of endorsements because of that fact. Hell, even your after football career is cemented if you would want to go into broadcasting. You should be doing all you could to free up money to keep/bring in as much talent as you can get around you, because once again, you ain't that dude. Make no mistake, this is equivalent to the Amari Cooper (not taking covid vaccinations)situation, not following protocol, that is going to get your bags packed. Difference is they can't trade you, so they are going to smoke you out. Others didn't see it, but I noticed first with Stephen barked about the team wanting the five year deal vs four. Then they aggressively traded for Lance when the opportunity came. Now things have shifted they now have the leverage to let you walk, even if Lance is a bust they already are showing they are pursuing avenues to replace you. But you made a bunch of money you will be alright.

Swagger

Reaction score
It really began with Dak "betting on himself ", his whole approach was selfish. Refusing to sign for 5 years, which would have given the team more flexibility with the cap, why so they would have to renew him sooner than later? He put his team over a barrel. He ain't that dude he overestimated his value. Bro, you are the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. You are getting revenue from all sorts of endorsements because of that fact. Hell, even your after football career is cemented if you would want to go into broadcasting. You should be doing all you could to free up money to keep/bring in as much talent as you can get around you, because once again, you ain't that dude. Make no mistake, this is equivalent to the Amari Cooper (not taking covid vaccinations)situation, not following protocol, that is going to get your bags packed. Difference is they can't trade you, so they are going to smoke you out. Others didn't see it, but I noticed first with Stephen barked about the team wanting the five year deal vs four. Then they aggressively traded for Lance when the opportunity came. Now things have shifted they now have the leverage to let you walk, even if Lance is a bust they already are showing they are pursuing avenues to replace you. But you made a bunch of money you will be alright.
:clap::hammer:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I think you’re right. One things they said is Dak was told to hit the back foot and if 1st read is gone then go check down and if that’s gone throw it away. Well at least Romo and Collingsworth said that. Lance would bring an element of running if the 1st and 2nd reads are gone.

Also everyone says since he didn’t make it in SF then he won’t be good here. Well Shanny’s system is better and more complicated than ours. Like they have designed, effective plays. But our system is so dumbed down to be “Dak friendly “ that maybe Lance can excel in it. Maybe SF was too complex of an offense for him.

We won’t know unless we play him consistently and hopefully that comes sooner than later.
Well, Lance at least seemed to consistently go through his progressions in the videos I watched of him, even in an offense supposedly as complicated as Shannahan’s.