Divorcing Dak and MM

bigE79

Reaction score
Trey is the X factor. Has he flashed in practice and shown potential in the film room? Do they know something the rest of the world doesn’t?

If he has— then their current stance with Dak makes a ton of sense.

Guess we will find out at TC — but all eyes will be on Lance and any possible QB controversy.
If what you say is true, they need to pull the bandaid off and start Lance and get a years worth of evaluation on him,,this season is shot,why wait.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The way this offseason has played out— it is clear the FO is setting up Dak and MM for failure. The latest comment from JJ about being “locked and loaded” and ready to go into the season with Dak’s current cap number is telling.

By standing firm and making Dak play out current contract— they can blame his greed for their inactivity in FA, and justify walking away from him next year when he inevitably fails to deliver once again. It is clear they don’t want to commit to him at his current asking price— so either his number comes down bc he has a bad year, or he walks away and the team is free from the contract.

As for Mike? They are letting him play out his deal as well, and instead of paying him 5 million for sitting on the couch— they have another scapegoat to hang the 2024 failure on.

The FO is cutting their own throat this year. None of their decisions resemble a team building to win. They look like a team trying to maneuver out of a predicament (of their own making) and set things up for a Dakless future.

One thing is for sure: this season will suck for the fans. Instead of “all in”—— Our response to getting destroyed by GB has been to fold, then pull out our mobile phone at the poker table and play Candy Crush and pick our nose.
No he's not !!!!

there's no way Jerry Jones is willing to spend that much money on his quarterback and on a year where everyone said the reason he kept McCarthy he doesn't wanna eat that contract this year HMM common sense says he allowed both to stay in hopes they prove it in prove it year.

then why in the world would he hope for them to fail at that price tag that's anti -jerry?

Literally this is ridiculous, we're 14 days into the free agency With six months left ,​
meaning there's a whole lot more time ahead to build a roster than what we've seen the first two weeks literally lots of free agents left in the free agent pool... You don't build a team in the first two weeks regardless of what fans think, just because the names that came off the board the biggest most expensive contracts did not land here, then it's a failure in the fans opinions..OPINIONS..​
this is not what Jerry meant , he's not setting up failure ,he does not pay that kind of money IE what is it $58 million due for Prescott so they can have a losing season ?? o_Othat makes zero sense whatsoever say it out loud a few times if he was gonna do that he would have went to Prescott and asked Prescott would he be open to a trade and give him a list of teams he'd be open to trade and that would have happened before March 14 ie put it put there Daks available when their were still spots open, also fire MM why hope to lose and spend the money , could have easily hired BB or Vrabel vs tanking your HC and QB at that price??...​
IMHO, He wants Mike McCarthy and Prescott to have a great season and just because you think what's happened so far is an indicator is ridiculous,​
this whole entire place has been ridiculous up to this point,​
give the roster sometime to actually be built after the draft they will go into that draft and hope to come out with some big holes filled and then filled the rest with the free agent pool, that's still pretty damn good pool of talent left with more going to be cut or traded...and there's gonna be trades to be made if necessary both undrafted free agents the draft and trades.​

I have never seen Jerry purposely pay that kind of money to tank , literally even at the end of years where it was lost like in 2020 they went three and one , he didn't even ask McCarthy or Mike McCarthy take the rest of the season for better draft picks.. I remember a few years where the last game of the season could have met one or two spots better in the draft and he went out and played the entire starters including Prescott to winning meaningless game Jerry doesn't tank he literally specially wouldn't tank owing both those players at key position that kind of money he would have made the moves if that was his intention for 2025 he would already did it this year at least he would have made an attempt at it...

that is not how Jerry rolls, if he is cheap and he didn't let McCarthy go because he didn't want to eat that last year why would he then go into a year and waste all that money on the quarterback and the head coach to lose as the "PLAN"??!!

it absolutely makes no sense, common sense must rise to the top here and none of y'all are thinking straight....

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The way this offseason has played out— it is clear the FO is setting up Dak and MM for failure. The latest comment from JJ about being “locked and loaded” and ready to go into the season with Dak’s current cap number is telling.

By standing firm and making Dak play out current contract— they can blame his greed for their inactivity in FA, and justify walking away from him next year when he inevitably fails to deliver once again. It is clear they don’t want to commit to him at his current asking price— so either his number comes down bc he has a bad year, or he walks away and the team is free from the contract.

As for Mike? They are letting him play out his deal as well, and instead of paying him 5 million for sitting on the couch— they have another scapegoat to hang the 2024 failure on.

The FO is cutting their own throat this year. None of their decisions resemble a team building to win. They look like a team trying to maneuver out of a predicament (of their own making) and set things up for a Dakless future.

One thing is for sure: this season will suck for the fans. Instead of “all in”—— Our response to getting destroyed by GB has been to fold, then pull out our mobile phone at the poker table and play Candy Crush and pick our nose.
I disagree none of their moves thus far resemble Jerry Jones, normal motus operandi.
I like it
Basically Jerry is admitting he screwed up.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Let's make this a little clearer, because you seem to be lost.

I'm not the one defending Dak, you are nor am I anywhere stating I want Cooper Rush, Andy Dalton or Trey Lance as my starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. What I am saying is the empirical evidence clearly demonstrates that Dak is an over-rated bum, surrounded by a bunch of talent that has carried him. This can be illustrated by the following reasons:

1. 114 games in and he still sucks and in year 8, they had to dumb the offense down for him even further to the point they were having him bail after his first and second read.
2. By my logic, we never should have signed Dak on his first contract, as 2017 and 2018 revealed he was a bum anyways, when Zeke was suspended and when they got rid of Dez, to make the offense "Dak friendly". I am also not saying we should not franchise tage Rush or sign him to 50 million a year either.
3. By MY logic, Cooper Rush, a practice QB with a noodle arm went 5-1 with the same roster and even Andy Dalton did better here with a worse roster, as they had shelved a prime Zach Martin for the season, than Dak, so all the actual EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE points to the fact Dak doesn't have the roster excuses and he has been padding stats against bums and being in weaker division.
Quite simply, your evidence is bunk. Sorry.