DL rotation is stale, Basham & Golston are overrated

CWR

Reaction score
Both of Patriots RBs averaged above 4 yards a carry. Both of them are overrated and taking meaningful snaps away from players than can actually play.

What are you suggesting big fella?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Basham isn't rated and Golston is a rookie with zero hype. The team is winning and DLaw is coming back, so DE position is ok..not great but ok.

Both players are backups, with Golston possibly developing into more than that. Basham wasn't brought in here to start. He was brought in to be the third or fourth man in the rotation. Nothing was really expected of Golston this year. Injuries have forced both to step up. No one should be expecting them to be Lawrence or Gregory.

Not directing that at you. Just thought I'd piggyback on what you are saying.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
More rotation of Gregory , Armstrong & Anae.
Armstrong is healthy to play but coaches are forcing the other two sub par players to play .

Why Anae? What exactly has he done to merit playing time? Don't you think if the coaches thought he was better than a rookie like Golston that they would be playing him. Armstrong has been out or he would be part of the rotation, but Anae just appears to not have proven he should be ahead of Basham and Golston.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
How is it possible that a rookie mid round pick is overrated?

CWR

Reaction score
More rotation of Gregory , Armstrong & Anae.
Armstrong is healthy to play but coaches are forcing the other two sub par players to play .

I'd like to see more Armstrong. On the fence with Anea, but I have to say these coaches don't appear stuck in their ways. They don't play guys based on contract or status within the team. I have a lot more confidence than years past. They are making better decisions based on practice and game film.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If we were to add Brockers like the rumors suggest...I would bet our rotation would look a lot better...with the addition of Gillmore.