DLaw vs Taco This Season

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Good for Taco. Maybe it wasn't him who was the problem when he was in Dallas...

Reactions: CWR

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Heard this same song and dance last year when Taco got a few early sacks for the Dolphins. They cut him at the end of the year, even though their defense was awful.

Blue64

Reaction score
Not making excuses for Dlaw but does Taco have a injured knee?
You’re not making excuses?
Your statement is an excuse.

I suppose he was injured last year as well, hence the diminished sack count.

Or maybe the fact that this clown held off getting much needed surgery until he got paid.

Numerous examples of players playing through injuries and performing well. Difference is they have heart and pride... D-Flaw has neither

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I hope you save this information so that you can present it to anyone that ever questions paying Dak.

:thumbup:

Poor investments in others wouldn't justify an investment in Dak. That could be a poor investment too.

Though up front, I'd say a Dak investment looks better to me now than the Zeke or DLaw investments. Dlaw was the worst of the signings, IMO. So many red flags, such a high price.

I thought Jaylon was a good deal, but I'm guessing that his body broke down. Maybe he should have kept on wearing that orthotic. Or maybe he never fully healed and teams just started to scheme against his physical failings after 2018.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Poor investments in others wouldn't justify an investment in Dak. That could be a poor investment too.

Top-of-the-league performance from Dak would justify the investment in Dak. And that's what we're getting.

People want to confuse their being angry at the 'quarterback market' and pay rates and project it as 'Dak's greedy'. If a team wants a quarterback, that's the market. You pay the going rate or you don't have one. Some fans want to so soon forget that this team's evaluators wanted Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook before they had a Jed Clampett moment and found Dak despite their best efforts. Now people want to jump back into the unknown, still convinced that the rarest commodity in all of sports is anything but.

Though up front, I'd say a Dak investment looks better to me now than the Zeke or DLaw investments. Dlaw was the worst of the signings, IMO. So many red flags, such a high price.

Another blunder from the very beginning. They tagged him when they could have gotten a deal done far sooner and for far less money. Once again Stephen Jones 'guessed wrong', and it ended up costing this team millions. They waited until after the Mack and Donald signings pushed the market into the stratosphere to get their own long term deal done. During that time period, the going rate went from $16-$17 million a year to $20 million a year. But since he's the owner's son, there are no ramifications or consequences to the screwups.

I thought Jaylon was a good deal, but I'm guessing that his body broke down. Maybe he should have kept on wearing that orthotic. Or maybe he never fully healed and teams just started to scheme against his physical failings after 2018.

I think he has physical limitations from the injury, but he's simply not good enough at the mental aspect of the game, and the reading and diagnosing required at the NFL level. That's far worse than any physical issues in my opinion. And this team continues to not play him at the position he is best suited for - strongside linebacker. And why? Because they could never justify the limited role and snaps due to what they're actually paying him. Two wrongs not making a right.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Good to see Taco doing well. Dude got a bad deal here.

blah blah. Save it. It's my opinion, and I am not asking for yours.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
This has already been established multiple times:

D-Law scammed Jerry, is trying to talk as if he cares about winning and this team, but he doesn’t.
Another one of our “busts” players goes to another team and balls out.

what’s new?

I wouldn't say Taco is balling out he's on his 3rd team in 3 years and produced 8 sacks. He wasn't a great pick when he was drafted and hasn't been a consistent player. We may have given up on him early, but everywhere he's gone he's been mostly a rotational player for his career.

Lawrence's lack of sacks though is maddening. I know he's getting some pressure, but for 20 million a season he needs to get home from time to time. For what we paid he should roll out of bed and be able to get 10 sacks in a season. There were red flags on that contract, but thought we would be getting at worst a very good pass rusher even if he still didn't prove to be elite. Cowboys are stuck with the contract at least until 2022.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Top-of-the-league performance from Dak would justify the investment in Dak. And that's what we're getting.

People want to confuse their being angry at the 'quarterback market' and pay rates and project it as 'Dak's greedy'. If a team wants a quarterback, that's the market. You pay the going rate or you don't have one. Some fans want to so soon forget that this team's evaluators wanted Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook before they had a Jed Clampett moment and found Dak despite their best efforts. Now people want to jump back into the unknown, still convinced that the rarest commodity in all of sports is anything but.

We're getting league leading yardage in come from behind efforts against huge deficits. I'm not convinced that is "Top of the League Performance". That's a situation made for cranking out yardage. And when it came to crunch time in the red zone, we come up short when he throws it behind Lamb and gets intercepted throwing to Cooper. Shouldn't "league leading performance" involve making plays in crunch time?

As for the market, yeah, I think you sign Dak if you want to pay "the market rate". A lot of teams have done that and aren't going anywhere. I've thought the QB market has been in a bubble for a long time, and is due for a correction. I'd rather be on the right side of that correction.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think he has physical limitations from the injury, but he's simply not good enough at the mental aspect of the game, and the reading and diagnosing required at the NFL level. That's far worse than any physical issues in my opinion. And this team continues to not play him at the position he is best suited for - strongside linebacker. And why? Because they could never justify the limited role and snaps due to what they're actually paying him. Two wrongs not making a right.

Well, if Jaylon isn't good at the mental aspects of the game, then we'd expect he is just a better fit for Marinelli Vanilla Defense than Nolan Exotics. Even last year, there were numerous "what the hell is he doing?" moments.

Yeah, it does seem like we're playing him for his contract over his play, but we don't have much in the way of options right now. The true test of that will be when LVE and Lee come back. Thomas is just playing better than Jaylon. If they're going on performance, Jaylon should see his snaps reduced when Lee or LVE come back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're getting league leading yardage in come from behind efforts against huge deficits. I'm not convinced that is "Top of the League Performance". That's a situation made for cranking out yardage. And when it came to crunch time in the red zone, we come up short when he throws it behind Lamb and gets intercepted throwing to Cooper. Shouldn't "league leading performance" involve making plays in crunch time?

Week one - perfect dime to Gallup which would have tied or won that game. Taken away by refs.

Week two comeback was a clutch as it gets.

Week three brought the team back to lead with 4 mins left. Clutch again. Defense again blows it.

And this last game. Stages and epic comeback to pull within three. What did the defense do then?

As for the market, yeah, I think you sign Dak if you want to pay "the market rate". A lot of teams have done that and aren't going anywhere. I've thought the QB market has been in a bubble for a long time, and is due for a correction. I'd rather be on the right side of that correction.

Like who? The teams with the leagues top paid quarterbacks are undefeated

Kansas City
Seattle
Green Bay
Pittsburgh

Reactions: BAT

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Embarrassing

image-png-58d1f012c5c216abf869163208ec4128.png
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We were doomed as soon as they came up with the Hot Boyz name. Friggin embarrassingly wussylike.

Reactions: BAT