DMac and Randle

juck

Reaction score
Hahaha what a joke. Unless we are going after AP I expect us going backwards with a weak running game. The Jones boys are getting cute.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
One might make this point. I certainly have been concerned the offense will not have the ball control aspect it did last year. And that this again will fall on Romo to win games instead of control games.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
There's still a few guys they can draft who will contribute.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think relying on McFadden who can't stay healthy, and hasn't produced like people thought he would coming out of school, and Randle a player who continues to make stupid mistakes...

We know they aren't extremely high on Ryan Williams, otherwise he doesn't stay on the PS all year last year.

Dunbar? They never use him either...

I guess we'll see, maybe Linehan has more plans in year 2.

I do think you'll see a more pass happy team next year than we were last year.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Obviously every fan should be at least a bit nervous about our RB situation. Randall looked good at times but obviously he has other problems, also you hope he doesnt have Troy Hambrick syndrome. We as a fan base dont get to see Ryan Williams every day so it is easy to understand that the coaches see something we dont. I almost have the least hope of all for Mcfadden. Dunbar doesnt strike me as a regular between the tackles runner. He will be used sparingly.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The RBBC will be 3 of these 4 guys, Williams, McFadden, Dunbar, Randle. If you asked me to make a guess I think that Randle will be the odd man out.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I think relying on McFadden who can't stay healthy, and hasn't produced like people thought he would coming out of school, and Randle a player who continues to make stupid mistakes...

We know they aren't extremely high on Ryan Williams, otherwise he doesn't stay on the PS all year last year.

Dunbar? They never use him either...

I guess we'll see, maybe Linehan has more plans in year 2.

I do think you'll see a more pass happy team next year than we were last year.
How many games did Demarco Murray miss last season?

Randle contributed on Special Teams, and they had plans for Dunbar on 3rd downs.

There was no playing time for Ryan Williams, so for you to say that they don't like him is pretty absurd.

They love him, otherwise he would've jetted off to another team when they came calling trying to pluck him off the PS.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Obviously every fan should be at least a bit nervous about our RB situation. Randall looked good at times but obviously he has other problems, also you hope he doesnt have Troy Hambrick syndrome. We as a fan base dont get to see Ryan Williams every day so it is easy to understand that the coaches see something we dont. I almost have the least hope of all for Mcfadden. Dunbar doesnt strike me as a regular between the tackles runner. He will be used sparingly.

Ryan Williams couldn't beat out Joe Randle or Lance Dunbar and he's coming into his 4th year in the league. I don't expect much out of him.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
How many games did Demarco Murray miss last season?

Randle contributed on Special Teams, and they had plans for Dunbar on 3rd downs.

There was no playing time for Ryan Williams, so for you to say that they don't like him is pretty absurd.

They love him, otherwise he would've jetted off to another team when they came calling trying to pluck him off the PS.

Reading is your friend.

They road Murray into the ground rather than using some other players. They could have mixed it up and rested Murray more, they never did.

And I didn't say they didn't like Williams, I said it was obvious that they were EXTREMELY HIGH on him.

To suggest that he would go from the PS to our starting running back in one year, doesn't seem credible.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
The mystery of Ryan Williams is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. I'm guessing he stayed on the PS because they ddin't need him and needed time readying to pick up the blitz. I'm hoping he has honed that skill and will tun out to be a gem. I despised the Dmac aquisition from the beginning. I'm sick of the whole anyone can run behind this line. NO not just ANYONE and that ANYONE better be able to pick up a blitz and catch out of the backfield to boot.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hahaha what a joke. Unless we are going after AP I expect us going backwards with a weak running game. The Jones boys are getting cute.

I suppose if that were the plan I might agree with you.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
Smith-Leary-Frederick-Martin-Free

that is why i am not overly concerned right now. will we see another 1800-2000 yard rushing output? that seems unlikely, but i see no reason to think that with DMac, Randle, RWill, etc that the running game is now a weakness.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The mystery of Ryan Williams is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. I'm guessing he stayed on the PS because they ddin't need him and needed time readying to pick up the blitz. I'm hoping he has honed that skill and will tun out to be a gem. I despised the Dmac aquisition from the beginning. I'm sick of the whole anyone can run behind this line. NO not just ANYONE and that ANYONE better be able to pick up a blitz and catch out of the backfield to boot.

I think McFadden can replace Dunbar. I think they're trying to get 3 guys 500 yards each and carry the load. I think it's a decent plan. I still would love to see them pick up Ajayi.

Section446

Reaction score
Feels like the front office is getting a little cocky, I'm struggling to understand the logic behind going into the season with an unproven (Randle) and a guy who has proven time and time again that he can't stay healthy.

montgod

Reaction score
At this point, I think if Ajayi is there, they pick him for however long his knees hold up. Otherwise, I could easily see a cheap Zac Stacy trade (7th rnd pick) or another addition by free agency like Bradshaw, CJ, or Moreno (if healthy) as insurance for camp to see who pans out.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Last year everyone was worried about Murray and the rb core and looked how it turned out w this oline. I will hold judgement until few games in. Murray and dmac are similar w injury past. I'll wait to give my take once we see them play

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
I think McFadden can replace Dunbar. I think they're trying to get 3 guys 500 yards each and carry the load. I think it's a decent plan. I still would love to see them pick up Ajayi.

Yeah, I can see him as a Dunbar type. But I don't like RB by committee. I never have. Blah. I hope they get Ajayi too. Hel l, bring in Malcom Brown in the 6th.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
The Cowboys weren't going to make Ryan Williams active on game days because Murray was durable last year. They weren't going to have an RB active that didn't contribute in other areas besides running.

Randle had a roster spot because he's one of the teams best special teams players, and Dunbar was active because they had plays specifically designed for him in the pass game, and he was apart of the 5 wide we liked to run.

As far as two down running backs go, Ryan Williams might be the best option right now.