DMac and Randle

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
LMAO I think this is my first 'rant zone' thread... we've been moved.... hahahahaha

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The mystery of Ryan Williams is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. I'm guessing he stayed on the PS because they ddin't need him and needed time readying to pick up the blitz. I'm hoping he has honed that skill and will tun out to be a gem. I despised the Dmac aquisition from the beginning. I'm sick of the whole anyone can run behind this line. NO not just ANYONE and that ANYONE better be able to pick up a blitz and catch out of the backfield to boot.

Totally agree. I don't think just anyone can succeed running behind this oline. I guess that its been said over and over so many times that now the Jones boys are starting to believe it.

For those of you who kept saying that anyone can run behind this oline I hope your happy going into the season with McFadden and Williams - both have a history of injuries.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Outside of Gurley, Gordon, and maybe Coleman is there really anyone in the draft that would have upgraded the position over what we have? Frankly Williams and Randall are probably just as good prospects to start then who we would have drafted. McFadden could be a big surprise if he has a hole to get to the 2nd level that he rarely had with the raiders.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The Cowboys weren't going to make Ryan Williams active on game days because Murray was durable last year. They weren't going to have an RB active that didn't contribute in other areas besides running.

Randle had a roster spot because he's one of the teams best special teams players, and Dunbar was active because they had plays specifically designed for him in the pass game, and he was apart of the 5 wide we liked to run.

As far as two down running backs go, Ryan Williams might be the best option right now.

Ryan Williams will have to contribute some on special teams. I think this year, they're expecting all 3 running backs to contribute in some way. McFadden may do some return duty.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Ryan Williams couldn't beat out Joe Randle or Lance Dunbar and he's coming into his 4th year in the league. I don't expect much out of him.

That was last year.

To me there is a lot of uncertainty at the Cowboys rb position stemming from the fact that I dont believe Mcfadden can be much more than a 10 carry a game back, at best.

cej757

Reaction score
All I know is that there were a lot of people worried about the rb core when Dallas signed McFadden and then you had those that was thinking we would address Rb in the draft because the draft was deep at rb. Well It looks like Jerry is thinking he can plug anyone behind that o-line and we'll be okay. I hope he's right.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The RBBC will be 3 of these 4 guys, Williams, McFadden, Dunbar, Randle. If you asked me to make a guess I think that Randle will be the odd man out.

So our running backs will be McFadden, Williams, and Dunbar?

Is this the same McFadden that got beat out by Latavious Murray, a 6th round pick last season?
Is this the same McFadden that has the second worst yards per carry in the entire NFL over the last three seasons, just beating out Trent Richardson for worst?
Is this the same Williams that spent the entire season on the practice squad and is entering his 4th season in the league?
Is this the same Dunbar that gets maybe 1-2 touches per game?

This is actually what we are going to go play with in 2015?..........WOW.................these three scrubs all together will barely break a 1000.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Last year everyone was worried about Murray and the rb core and looked how it turned out w this oline. I will hold judgement until few games in. Murray and dmac are similar w injury past. I'll wait to give my take once we see them play

Nope, not everyone. The moment they drafted Zach, I expected a big year from Murray. But then I have been a Murray fan for a while.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Nope, not everyone. The moment they drafted Zach, I expected a big year from Murray. But then I have been a Murray fan for a while.

I never was. I disliked Murray from day one. You can ask my close friends. I never believed in him. One year wonder.

jrumann59

Reaction score
DMac or Dunbar will not make the team. No need for two 3rd down change of pace backs.