News: DMN: Analyst gushes: Dak Prescott's mechanics 'as good as there is. I'm not kidding'

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Solid news about Dak's mechanics.

Luv this tweet...

Tweet of the game via Joe Posnanski of NBC Sports: "You have to admire the Cleveland Browns trying to singlehandedly undo all the good that happened to Cleveland sports this year."

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Fox analyst Charles Davis, a former defensive back, had good things to say on just about every other aspect of the Cowboys (other than Dez Bryant).

On Prescott's mechanics: "He's on target and he's on time."

And when those mechanics are sound: "He's as good as there is. I'm not kidding."

On the protection the offensive line afforded Prescott: "He's throwing from a rocking chair."

Here's Spielman, an ex-linebacker, on the defense: "They are always in position."

---

Tweet of the game via Joe Posnanski of NBC Sports: "You have to admire the Cleveland Browns trying to singlehandedly undo all the good that happened to Cleveland sports this year."

Runnerup via ESPN Browns' writer Pat McManamon: "I can't imagine two scouting reports laid side by side with one of them favoring Cody Kessler (93rd pick in 2016 draft) over Dak Prescott (135th pick.)"

---

And the final words go to CBS studio analyst London Fletcher, 16 seasons a NFL linebacker: "I know people are waiting for the clock to strike midnight on Dak Prescott but I don't think it's going to happen. This kid reminds me of a Russell Wilson (but) bigger and stronger. (He's) a combination of Donovan McNabb, sprinkle in some Warren Moon and also Steve McNair and that's what you get."

Continue reading...
Analyst opinions are like breaking wind...they go every which way.:rolleyes:

jrumann59

Reaction score
Charles Davis is prone to hyperbole. While I like him he does overstate things, not to mention is it not true most QBs mechanics are pretty good when they have time to set their feet to throw.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am sure this was the focus all week,Dak was so hyped last week and he was messing up his footwork even without pressure.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Fox analyst Charles Davis, a former defensive back, had good things to say on just about every other aspect of the Cowboys (other than Dez Bryant).

On Prescott's mechanics: "He's on target and he's on time."

And when those mechanics are sound: "He's as good as there is. I'm not kidding."

On the protection the offensive line afforded Prescott: "He's throwing from a rocking chair."

Here's Spielman, an ex-linebacker, on the defense: "They are always in position."

---

Runnerup via ESPN Browns' writer Pat McManamon: "I can't imagine two scouting reports laid side by side with one of them favoring Cody Kessler (93rd pick in 2016 draft) over Dak Prescott (135th pick.)"

---

And the final words go to CBS studio analyst London Fletcher, 16 seasons a NFL linebacker: "I know people are waiting for the clock to strike midnight on Dak Prescott but I don't think it's going to happen. This kid reminds me of a Russell Wilson (but) bigger and stronger. (He's) a combination of Donovan McNabb, sprinkle in some Warren Moon and also Steve McNair and that's what you get."

Continue reading...

My GOSH London...tap the brakes. On second thought: DON'T tap the Brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Easy to have good footwork when the other team's defense doesn't breathe on you and leaves receivers wide open.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I love how he found Witten for the TD, but I hate how he missed Dez later in the game on a similar play going the other way.

He is really good right now, but I cannot wait till he gets to the point where he can see everything, easier and faster, and takes more advantage of those open receivers and poor coverages.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak has thrown for at least 225 yards in eight straight games—which is the longest streak for any rookie in Super Bowl era, according to the Fox telecast.

He broke another record Sunday with a 141.8 passing rating, according to NFL director of football communications Randall Liu:

Dak Prescott is the 1st rookie in NFL history to have 6 starts with a 100+ passer rating in his team's 1st 8 games of a season pic.twitter.com/FgQI7T4naU

— Randall Liu (@RLiuNFL) November 6, 2016

Dak Prescott joins Cam Newton in 2011 as the only rookies in the Super Bowl era with 15+ combined pass+rush TD in their team's first 8 games

— NFL Research (@NFLResearch) November 6, 2016

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...older-hes-a-super-bowl-caliber-signal-caller#

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Dak has thrown for at least 225 yards in eight straight games—which is the longest streak for any rookie in Super Bowl era, according to the Fox telecast.

He broke another record Sunday with a 141.8 passing rating, according to NFL director of football communications Randall Liu:

Dak Prescott is the 1st rookie in NFL history to have 6 starts with a 100+ passer rating in his team's 1st 8 games of a season pic.twitter.com/FgQI7T4naU

— Randall Liu (@RLiuNFL) November 6, 2016

Dak Prescott joins Cam Newton in 2011 as the only rookies in the Super Bowl era with 15+ combined pass+rush TD in their team's first 8 games

— NFL Research (@NFLResearch) November 6, 2016

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...older-hes-a-super-bowl-caliber-signal-caller#

He's pretty good I think.

Nav22

Reaction score
So encouraging that after his footwork went to hell last week, Dak made the necessary adjustments and got back to playing fundamentally sound today.

Still can't believe we may have found our next franchise QB at the bottom of the 4th round. There are teams that haven't had a franchise QB in 20+ years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Charles Davis is prone to hyperbole. While I like him he does overstate things, not to mention is it not true most QBs mechanics are pretty good when they have time to set their feet to throw.

Man he spent all day with the hyperbole. Goodness.....I guess that's the crew you get when you play the Browns lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, it's not. unbelievable.........

Right. Granted, I can concede that Dak has a better supporting cast then you but mind you this same supporting cast won 4 games last year.

I've never seen someone get knocked or having a solid supporting cast around him. Is Tom Brady's supporting cast garbage? What about Big Ben's supporting cast? The perennial top 5 Qb's in this league are all stacked. Yet, I don't here anyone knock them for their supporting cast.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Now suddenly they'll be going with the "Dak had a hard life" angle so this QB controversy is a piece of cake:rolleyes:.