News: DMN: Analyst gushes: Dak Prescott's mechanics 'as good as there is. I'm not kidding'

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No, it's not. unbelievable.........
Considering the fact that his footwork was terrible against Philly when he was constantly under pressure, it's pretty easy to think that the footwork is easier to maintain when there's 0 passrush...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Considering the fact that his footwork was terrible against Philly when he was constantly under pressure, it's pretty easy to think that the footwork is easier to maintain when there's 0 passrush...
There's always pressure. THATS when foot work counts the most. How fast can you set your feet? Can you set your feet?

Dak likes throwing off the back foot or with BOTH feet off the ground. Habit.

pdub0351

Reaction score
Right. Granted, I can concede that Dak has a better supporting cast then you but mind you this same supporting cast won 4 games last year.

I've never seen someone get knocked or having a solid supporting cast around him. Is Tom Brady's supporting cast garbage? What about Big Ben's supporting cast? The perennial top 5 Qb's in this league are all stacked. Yet, I don't here anyone knock them for their supporting cast.
This is exactly right. How many times did the Pats beat the Colts when it was Brady vs Peyton, but the Pats had 5 or 6 pro bowlers on defense and the Colts had zero? Great QBs still need great teammates. Just ask Marino.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There's always pressure. THATS when foot work counts the most. How fast can you set your feet? Can you set your feet?

Dak likes throwing off the back foot or with BOTH feet off the ground. Habit.
....there's not always pressure. Idk what that means.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I like the way Prescott uses ALL the weapons in the offense...thats a refreshing change. A team tends to respond well to that.
DAK is teaching Romo at this point how to play the position.

I realize Romo has more command of the offense..

but we no longer have the off side calls becuz Romo snaps the ball at the final second..

we no longer run the offense thru Dez and Witten..

the ball is spread around the offense..

Romo has had problems with favoritizism of who gets the ball.

Not now.

aikemirv

Reaction score

but we no longer have the off side calls becuz Romo snaps the ball at the final second..

Not now.

Garbage!

Just 1 point on the garbage, If Romo hit Witten 8 times you would say he was favoring his boy.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Speaking of mechanics, the one thing I've really noticed is how well he can look off defenses or fake them out. For a rookie to be that good in that aspect is crazy awesome.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
everyone likes dak except the romo fans.
even jerry has been converted, 7-1 now surpasses 2014, but I know romo missed a game and was hurt in one.
But still this is now a better start.
In fact this could be one of the best starts ever for the cowboys teams, and if it isnt yet , it may be later.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Speaking of mechanics, the one thing I've really noticed is how well he can look off defenses or fake them out. For a rookie to be that good in that aspect is crazy awesome.
Well he isnt looking off, he is just looking, he is getting better at going thru the progressions.
When he sees someone open he throws, and he knows where they all should be except maybe dez.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I'm just enjoying this! Been a VERY long time since I thought not matter who we play, we are the better team. We aren't going to win them all but, just like the 90s, that feeling that we are the team to beat is outstanding!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Garbage!

Just 1 point on the garbage, If Romo hit Witten 8 times you would say he was favoring his boy.
Oh my..

do you know how many guys have come and gone from this team that said Romo ignores others in order to complete passes to Witten and Dez.?

Seems Enough to go around when DAK is throwing.

Wonder why?

JS22

Reaction score

Not now.

Oh come on now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is exactly right. How many times did the Pats beat the Colts when it was Brady vs Peyton, but the Pats had 5 or 6 pro bowlers on defense and the Colts had zero? Great QBs still need great teammates. Just ask Marino.

Right. The best teams win rings. I've never seen a team with a great QB and win. That's it. Just one great qb.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Oh my..

do you know how many guys have come and gone from this team that said Romo ignores others in order to complete passes to Witten and Dez.?

Seems Enough to go around when DAK is throwing.

Wonder why?

So 2 players get 67% of the completions and you pick this week to rag Romo about spreading the ball around - OK Good point!;)

aikemirv

Reaction score
Spreading the ball around for those who can't understand simple stuff!

So who is teaching who!

Dez Bryant 88 1,320 29%
Jason Witten 64 703 21%
DeMarco Murray 57 416 19%
Cole Beasley 37 420 12%
Terrance Williams 37 621 12%
Lance Dunbar 18 217 6%

Cole Beasley 43 499 29%
Jason Witten 38 424 26%
Terrance Williams 24 355 16%
Dez Bryant 16 282 11%
Ezekiel Elliott 16 155 11%
Brice Butler 11 125 7%

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Charles Davis is prone to hyperbole. While I like him he does overstate things, not to mention is it not true most QBs mechanics are pretty good when they have time to set their feet to throw.

And when their mechanics are sound they usually throw pretty well. Who would have thought?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Spreading the ball around for those who can't understand simple stuff!

So who is teaching who!

Dez Bryant 88 1,320 29%
Jason Witten 64 703 21%
DeMarco Murray 57 416 19%
Cole Beasley 37 420 12%
Terrance Williams 37 621 12%
Lance Dunbar 18 217 6%

Cole Beasley 43 499 29%
Jason Witten 38 424 26%
Terrance Williams 24 355 16%
Dez Bryant 16 282 11%
Ezekiel Elliott 16 155 11%
Brice Butler 11 125 7%
:hammer:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Oh come on now.
I do think with what DAK is doing..

Romo can see what is different and why its working.

So he better be learning something.

Now I do not expect him to do the running DAK is doing..

but he should be noticing how the other weapons are being executed.

To be able to sit back and observe without the pressure of playing should help him when he returns.

And I realize he will return..thats a given.

Hopefully..we have a division lead when he does come back so he can play like a normal game and not have it critical to making the playoffs.

That way he is allowed to play without pressure until he gets his groove.

Then it should be something that can be managed.

I do not want to see him get hurt.