DMN Blog: Andre Gurode: 'I'm good'...Newman added to injury report (groin)

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
juckie;2305820 said:
I agree but its funny coming from a guy with Wham on his avatar,lol.good one.:bow:

Perhaps you didn't notice those Serious looks on their faces, Mister! ;)

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
Why we paid Newman in the off-season was a joke, this guy got burned by James Thrash of all people. Give Jenkins or Scandrick his spot, Pacman and Henry have already proven to be better than Newman.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img519.*************/img519/2327/ch21sunsep282008041523psv6.jpg

squeezably soft

Givincer

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2305804 said:
The way Newman played last week, this is good news.........get Pacman and Jenkins in there to jam the receivers on the line.

With Newman out, you honestly think our chances of playing press coverage go up?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Being juked right out of your jockstrap after giving up 2 touchdowns is likely to injure your groin. Or it may have been the virtual kick to his groin I delivered during the game. J/K I hope he recovers soon.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2305851 said:
http://img519.*************/img519/2327/ch21sunsep282008041523psv6.jpg

squeezably soft

:laugh2: Hes small, has he ever hit a weight room? Maybe thats why he always is hurt.

Reaction score
He's not soft... if you've ever had a groin tear, you know that it hangs around forever and, if you don't give it enough time to heal, it will come right back. The problem isn't being a "wussy"--the problem was coming back too fast, which, if anything, is a sign of toughness. I know he was out for a long time, but it wasn't enough. He's as fast-twitch as it gets, so little groin tears take him forever to heal.
I think this is good news, actually. Last week I kept thinking he wasn't healthy yet, because even when he was half-hurt last year, he never seemed to get burnt like he did last week. I know Moss is fast, but he was pulling away from TNew with ease and regularity. This explains why--his groin (which includes some of the most important muscles for quick acceleration) was still not right.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
GalvestonCowboyFan;2305870 said:
He's not soft... if you've ever had a groin tear, you know that it hangs around forever and, if you don't give it enough time to heal, it will come right back. The problem isn't being a "wussy"--the problem was coming back too fast, which, if anything, is a sign of toughness. I know he was out for a long time, but it wasn't enough. He's as fast-twitch as it gets, so little groin tears take him forever to heal.
I think this is good news, actually. Last week I kept thinking he wasn't healthy yet, because even when he was half-hurt last year, he never seemed to get burnt like he did last week. I know Moss is fast, but he was pulling away from TNew with ease and regularity. This explains why--his groin (which includes some of the most important muscles for quick acceleration) was still not right.

Whats Roy Williams excuse for being burned by everyone and their mother? His groin is injured as well for the past 4 years?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
zrinkill;2305773 said:
How long till the first stupid "Newman is soft" post?

What's next, a torn ovary............

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Like another poster said, we need Newman. Yes, he looked awful last week but he is still our best corner and the idea of going up against CJ and TJ without him doesn't sit well with me.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score

Mods, please eliminate this reasonable person immediately.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Exactly. I was going to post something similar but you hit the nail right on the head and said it better than I probably would have.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2305766 said:

That means Cory Procter will start at left guard again, although the Cowboys plan to give Montrae Holland some playing time there, too

:bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2:

Knowing the cowboys if they say Holland will get some playing time he will prob be deactivated.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Man. I hope we run the ball well on Sunday. If not, I hope Jenkins and Pacman steps up. Otherwise, a shootout can happen and I really do not care to see that.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
bbailey423;2305816 said:
when Newmans career in Dallas is over.....I think we will look back on it and say "he was good, but he was never great" I mean I think he has had several good seasons...but no great seasons. I would love for him to at least have ONE great season...but I am not sure we will ever get it.
This is how I feel also.

30yrheel

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2305973 said:
This is how I feel also.

Agreed. The guy is over rated, always has been. The past two seasons he's been hurt a lot, so I guess now he's soft and not that great a corner either.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
30yrheel;2306005 said:
Agreed. The guy is over rated, always has been. The past two seasons he's been hurt a lot, so I guess now he's soft and not that great a corner either.

Hes probably one of the more consistent players not just in football but in all sports combined.

When #41 lines up you know what your going to get. 1 bad game doesn't change that.