DMN Blog: Andre Gurode: 'I'm good'...Newman added to injury report (groin)

Boysboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;2306015 said:
Hes probably one of the more consistent players not just in football but in all sports combined.

When #41 lines up you know what your going to get. 1 bad game doesn't change that.

There's been 3 Cowboy killers in this division-Lito Sheppard, Jeremy Shockey, and Santana Moss. Fortunately, Shockey is out of the picture(although we play the Saints next year) though.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2306015 said:
Hes probably one of the more consistent players not just in football but in all sports combined.

When #41 lines up you know what your going to get. 1 bad game doesn't change that.

Thats the truth.

30yrheel

Reaction score
CATCH17;2306015 said:

you're usually going to get tight coverage, a quick tackle, but still a pass completion. he's good, but not even in the top 5 cowboy corners.

Boysboy

Reaction score
30yrheel;2306041 said:
you're usually going to get tight coverage, a quick tackle, but still a pass completion. he's good, but not even in the top 5 cowboy corners.

The LAST thing we need is to go into this game with a thin secondary facing Chad, TJ, etc.

Let's debate on how good/bad Newman is in its proper thread-don't be homers.

Boysboy

Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2306044 said:
<sigh>

Seems like the injuries are mounting, cant we catch a break?

They haven't been that bad. Noone on IR, Roy will be back in a couple of weeks, Watkins is only a one-weeker, Newman will be fine later, and we have an easy schedule this month.

We'll be fine in the long run, especially when we get these guys back.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
30yrheel;2306005 said:
Agreed. The guy is over rated, always has been. The past two seasons he's been hurt a lot, so I guess now he's soft and not that great a corner either.

He's only overrated if you value interceptions. Otherwise, QBs prefer to work the opposite side of the field (last Sunday notwithstanding).

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
bbgun;2306060 said:
He's only overrated if you value interceptions. Otherwise, QBs prefer to work the opposite side of the field (last Sunday notwithstanding).

Sure used to be that way. With playing off the recceiver it don't seem so much anymore. JMO.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I remember back in training camp some guy with the initials D and C said this stupid groin thing could be a bigger problem because you never know when the freaking thing is going to be healed 100%!

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
zrinkill;2305773 said:
How long till the first stupid "Newman is soft" post?

I don't know, but if I were Wade I'd sit Newman down till we play the Bucs. We need Newman 100% for the playoffs. It's only dragging the injury out playing him when it's not 100% healed.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Rack;2306205 said:
I don't know, but if I were Wade I'd sit Newman down till we play the Bucs. We need Newman 100% for the playoffs. It's only dragging the injury out playing him when it's not 100% healed.

Lets worry about the whole process of getting there first, because this team is one offensive injury away from being very one dimensional and vulnerable in a conference with very physical teams.

StarHead69

Reaction score
bbailey423;2305816 said:
when Newmans career in Dallas is over.....I think we will look back on it and say "he was good, but he was never great" I mean I think he has had several good seasons...but no great seasons. I would love for him to at least have ONE great season...but I am not sure we will ever get it.

:hammer:

I have heard the talking heads say "When Newman is healthy... " too many times for a former #6 pick in the draft. He doesn't exactly set the world on fire when he's 100%... which has been practically n-e-v-e-r. TNew always has something wrong (sprain, groin, hammy...), and for that he was given a giant contract extension. I would like to say otherwise, but I predict that his injury problems won't go away... they will keep getting worse. Sucks for us.:(

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2306228 said:
Lets worry about the whole process of getting there first, because this team is one offensive injury away from being very one dimensional and vulnerable in a conference with very physical teams.

Yeah, did you see Newman last week? We won't be getting to the playoffs with that type of play from our "Best" CB. He's obviously not ready to be on the field. Either that, or he reinjured the groin.

We'd have a better chance of making the playoffs with a Newman at 100%.

I said he should sit out the next 3 games. DId you see who our opponents are? We don't have to worry about the "Physical NFC East Opponents" for awhile.

Sit Newman till he's healthy.

silver

Reaction score
Rack;2306325 said:
Sit Newman till he's healthy.
i totally agree. what's the use of having quality depth if you never get to use it. our deepest position is corner, let's see what these young pups can do. missing 2 safeties has me more concerned than missing one corner.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Figured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newman hurt what's new? Get the hell out of here with that weak sauce:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: