DMN Blog: 'Boys could be in CB market/Scandrick could get perm role

Daudr

Reaction score
Scandrick > Jenkins. Jenkins is going to get beat like a red-headed stepchild by Plax on Sunday. :(

Daudr

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2378449 said:
You can tell Wade loves Scandrick. Not only is he talented, but he's very smart with good instincts and he studies hard. Wade said he was actually directing people out there and anticipating what was coming, which is really rare for a rookie.

Yeah, I saw him trying to get Ball into position on a couple of key downs. It was pretty damn impressive IMO.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2378969 said:
Junes actually said that Scandrick will be the best player out of our draft

he's not far off, I think the best rookie is Felix Jones, but it's tight

Maybe we should hire June to be our draft guy.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2378417 said:
Five-time Pro Bowler Ty Law, a 34-year-old who started for the Chiefs last season, is waiting by the phone.

and thats where he is going to stay

smoovb

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2378530 said:
yea no doubt! im not gonna lie earlier in the season and training camp i didnt understand all the hype for Scandrick but now its clear that he's our best rookie! he's just a very talented young confident player! it doesnt get better than that!

Best rookie? I think that could be argued. Felix Jones was doing pretty well before he got hurt. But he is good, no doubt.

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2378417 said:
Cowboys could be in the cornerback market
2:07 PM Mon, Oct 27, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Wade Phillips said there's a possibility that the Cowboys could sign a cornerback this week, depending on how whether it looks like Anthony Henry (deep thigh bruise) will be able to play against the Giants.

If Henry can't go, rookies Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick will be the starter with Alan Ball as the nickel back. Needless to say, depth at the position would be a major concern, at least for this weekend's game.

The Cowboys hope to get Terence Newman (sports hernia) back after the bye week. They're not counting on Adam "Pacman" Jones being reinstated from suspension.

Five-time Pro Bowler Ty Law, a 34-year-old who started for the Chiefs last season, is waiting by the phone.

Comments (4) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Orlando Scandrick could have permanent role
2:20 PM Mon, Oct 27, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Fifth-round pick Orlando Scandrick might be pressed into starting duty by injuries, but he's earned the coaches' confidence.

So much so that the Cowboys are considering making Scandrick the nickel back even when Terence Newman returns. Scandrick has performed well in that role in Newman's place, and Wade Phillips said the rookie might be the Cowboys' slot corner on a permanent basis.

"He has played better than a rookie," Phillips said. "He anticipated things and made a lot of plays."

Scandrick's playing time won't come at the expense of the Cowboys' Pro Bowl cornerback. Newman would simply stay outside in the nickel and dime packages. If Scandrick plays the slot in those situations, it would provide flexibility for Anthony Henry to move inside to cover tight ends again, too.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

And I was ripped for suggesting to get Law FOR SHORT TERM help for a very young but depleted secondary.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I can see us adding a CB, but I doubt it will be Ty Law. I think it will be someone like Fernando Bryant. Last I checked, he was still available and is 3 years younger than Law 31...and probably cheaper too.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2378426 said:
Nors will need some new undies if we sign Law. :lmao2:
He's been waiting on this prediction for 3 years huh? :laugh1:

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2379199 said:
I can see us adding a CB, but I doubt it will be Ty Law. I think it will be someone like Fernando Bryant. Last I checked, he was still available and is 3 years younger than Law 31...and probably cheaper too.

was just checking on that and yes he is aval.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Clove;2379204 said:
He's been waiting on this prediction for 3 years huh? :laugh1:

No I broke trade talks 4+ years ago going into 2004 draft but Pats asking price was a #1 and BP wouldn't pay it. He was franchised and played out contract. To my knowledge posts injury interest and at Big starting $. I'd sign Law to player coach the kid CB's.:cool:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Nors;2379219 said:
No I broke trade talks 4+ years ago going into 2004 draft but Pats asking price was a #1 and BP wouldn't pay it.

Do you have a machine that pats you on the back while you think this stuff up, or do you just have your long jumping son do it for you?

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2379199 said:

People are forgetting that Law played the 34 in NewEngland. Bryant has played the 43 with Detroit and Jags and I think he doesn't have 34 D experience.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2379233 said:
People are forgetting that Law played the 34 in NewEngland. Bryant has played the 43 with Detroit and Jags and I think he doesn't have 34 D experience.
Irrelevant.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2379233 said:

I doubt whoever we bring in is going to start anyway, so there is no need to bring in a high-profile guy like Law to get in on maybe 5 or 6 plays. We just need someone that is serviceable in the event of an injury. Bryant is that type of guy.