DMN: Blog: Christmas comes early for the Cowboys

tyke1doe

Reaction score
5Stars;2517197 said:
Two of us picked up what you stated in your first post. Not very good writing for what you wanted to convey. Context? :laugh2:

I wouldn't necessarily take comfort in the fact that someone else arrived at the same conclusion as you did. Being wrong isn't a singular affair. ;)

Here's what I said.

Tyke1doe said:
That's not being a bandwagon fan. That's just being a fan that wants perfection based on what we're used to of Super Bowl winning teams.

You should have been able to discern the intent of my statement with simple deductive reasoning, i.e., "Our Super Bowl winning teams didn't go 16-0 so he can't be talking about perfection in an absolute sense. Oh, wait, he's referring to Super Bowl winning teams so his standard of perfection must be us winning a Super Bowl."

I think the context and simple logic dictates such a conclusion. But if you had any doubts, maybe you should have asked a question instead of trying to attack someone's writing skills or their schooling.

That's what mature people do. Instead of instantly attacking something they don't understand, they ask questions and seek clarification.

But I understand how people try to gain the upperhand in Internet debates.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2517233 said:
I wouldn't necessarily take comfort in the fact that someone else arrived at the same conclusion as you did. Being wrong isn't a singular affair. ;)

Here's what I said.

You should have been able to discern the intent of my statement with simple deductive reasoning, i.e., "Our Super Bowl winning teams didn't go 16-0 so he can't be talking about perfection in an absolute sense. Oh, wait, he's referring to Super Bowl winning teams so his standard of perfection must be us winning a Super Bowl."

I think the context and simple logic dictates such a conclusion. But if you had any doubts, maybe you should have asked a question instead of trying to attack someone's writing skills or their schooling.

That's what mature people do. Instead of instantly attacking something they don't understand, they ask questions and seek clarification.

But I understand how people try to gain the upperhand in Internet debates.

:laugh2: Apparantely...Mr. Mature!

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
Mansta54;2516683 said:
Sorry dude but this is such a piss poor attitude. There's no way you've played competitive sports before. If so, I sure wouldn't want you on my team. Geez!!! I kinda feel a lil sorry for you dude....
weird because i feel that about you. so sad your heart will be broken when they choke again and again

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MacMahon is annoying, and not very bright.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Sure makes you feel good to know that your team is being gifted a chance at the playoffs.

Because of some other teams inability to win, your team is still alive.

I honestly think that just getting there is good enough for some people.

Not for me. I'd like a win and then some but with the performance of this team as of late, who in their right mind would be confident that this team could produce a complete game.

Mansta54

Reaction score
cowboys#1;2517246 said:
weird because i feel that about you. so sad your heart will be broken when they choke again and again

If we lose, yep, I will be disappointed but I will continue to pull for my team and give them full support. I won't cry and whine like you and other posters. Dude, GROW UP...

romoluv

Reaction score
Mansta54;2517351 said:
If we lose, yep, I will be disappointed but I will continue to pull for my team and give them full support. I won't cry and whine like you and other posters. Dude, GROW UP...

:bow:

For better or worse, through thick and thin, i will stick with them....Laugh at me if u want but I STILL BELIEVE IN MY BOYS!!!!!!!!

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2516488 said:
But it sure would be sweet. You enter the playoffs with an 0-0 record. Anything can happen at that point. Who's to say the Cowboys won't get hot at the right time? If we get there, I will be happy about it, unlike some folks around here.

It has nothing to do with getting hot. Just stop fumbling and bumbling the ball around on crucial plays. Stop getting ten to fifteen penalties a game. Stop missing wide open receivers. It's all about mistakes. Without the mistakes, without half of the mistakes, we probably win every game since Romo returned.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
romoluv;2517356 said:
:bow:

For better or worse, through thick and thin, i will stick with them....Laugh at me if u want but I STILL BELIEVE IN MY BOYS!!!!!!!!

Win, lose or tie This is my team and will support them 100% regardless of what others say. I don't watch the Cowboys because of other fans I support them because they have been a big part of my family. When relatives some now passed would all get together and support our team no and's if's or but's about it. I'm also not blind and see mistakes and at times a lack of focus on this team, heck offense looked like they were just going through the motions until crunch time when they really started to make the plays. Defensively they played great ball for 3 1/2 qrts before they collapsed but I know this team is capable of going out and putting this thing together and I expect nothing less this coming weekend.