DMN Blog: Cowboys moving on from last week (Brooking, Bennett Lockerroom Quotes)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys moving on from last week
12:56 PM Wed, Oct 28, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer/Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

After spending 11 years of his career in Atlanta, Sunday's win was extra special for Keith Brooking and he admitted he wanted to live in that glow a little longer than normal.

"But this is a 'What have you done for me lately?' league," Brooking said. "I realize that."

Brooking's theme was carried out throughout the locker room Wednesday with players spending their time talking about Sunday's opponent, Seattle, rather than the 37-21 win against the Falcons.

At 2-4, Seattle might look like an easy victory, but Brooking thinks the Seahawks are more the team that beat Jacksonville 41-0 than lost to Arizona, 27-3. Plus, Seattle is coming off its bye week and you saw how that benefitted the Cowboys last week.

"They're a totally different team when [Matt] Hasselbeck is in there," Brooking said. "Their record shows you that and watching film shows you that. They're coming off their bye week rested and healthy. We're going to see their best."

Comments (3) Leave comment | E-mail entry

The Marty B show
12:52 PM Wed, Oct 28, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

No, this is not a plug for Martellus Bennett's radio show or Twitter account or whatever multi-media thing the second-year tight end is doing.

This is about his game vs. Atlanta, coming up with three catches for 37 yards, both season highs after catching nothing more than one pass for 13 yards in the first five weeks of the season.

"It was the same stuff we've been doing all year," Bennett said. "He just found me on a couple of plays. It felt good to get the ball. If you get the ball and you're blocking it's a total package and you play better all around ... My confidence was never down but it was good because I needed those catches. Now we've got those out of the way, let's get some more."

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Waiting for Christmas
12:41 PM Wed, Oct 28, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley/Reporter E-mail | News tips

Dallas Cowboys linebackers traditionally exchange Christmas presents. In light of DeMarcus Ware's big new contract, they could find something special under the tree this year.
``I'm looking for a drop-top Bentley,'' inside linebacker Bradie James said today, with a laugh.
James went on to add that he is happy for the deserved deal that Ware received, a sentiment shared in the locker room.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3042364 said:
At 2-4, Seattle might look like an easy victory, but Brooking thinks the Seahawks are more the team that beat Jacksonville 41-0 than lost to Arizona, 27-3. Plus, Seattle is coming off its bye week and you saw how that benefitted the Cowboys last week.
"They're a totally different team when [Matt] Hasselbeck is in there," Brooking said. "Their record shows you that and watching film shows you that. They're coming off their bye week rested and healthy. We're going to see their best."

With them having a bye week, getting Hasselback back, .. and our propensity to fall off after a big win, this is a game that will show the direction we are going.

If we can show well, and pull out a quality win, .. the Cowboys will be starting to impress me.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Teams coming off a bye are always dangerous, and like Brooking said they're completely different when Hasselbeck is healthy.

That being said, I dont think we lose.

And if we do, ohhhh boy, here comes the meltdown.

Just remember, this team is not invincible no matter how well they played last Sunday. They're still inconstant and commit too many penalties.

Those last two qualities will always hinder a teams performance.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3042381 said:
With them having a bye week, getting Hasselback back, .. and our propensity to fall off after a big win, this is a game that will show the direction we are going.

If we can show well, and pull out a quality win, .. the Cowboys will be starting to impress me.
Agreed. A dominant victory over a team they're "supposed to beat" will go a long way as far as this team's confidence is concerned. Now, any win is a good one, but if they can win this one by 2 or more TDs I think they'll carry that confident swagger into the meat of their schedule against tougher opponents.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;3042406 said:
but if they can win this one by 2 or more TDs I think they'll carry that confident swagger into the meat of their schedule against tougher opponents.

Doesn't that sound great!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;3042364 said:
The Marty B show
12:52 PM Wed, Oct 28, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

No, this is not a plug for Martellus Bennett's radio show or Twitter account or whatever multi-media thing the second-year tight end is doing.

This is about his game vs. Atlanta, coming up with three catches for 37 yards, both season highs after catching nothing more than one pass for 13 yards in the first five weeks of the season.

"It was the same stuff we've been doing all year," Bennett said. "He just found me on a couple of plays. It felt good to get the ball. If you get the ball and you're blocking it's a total package and you play better all around ... My confidence was never down but it was good because I needed those catches. Now we've got those out of the way, let's get some more."
One can only hope that Bennett's contribution Sunday is another example of this offense rounding itself into form. There are so many weapons for it to draw upon. Consistency and execution are the real keys for even greater performances as the season progresses.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This is a home game for Dallas so I don't expect any let down from the players or the fans at the game.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
DallasEast;3042467 said:
One can only hope that Bennett's contribution Sunday is another example of this offense rounding itself into form.

True.

On the 3rd and 14 I think it was, you know the Falcons were looking for Witten and/or Austin.

But Romo goes to our 2nd TE, who catches it short of the sticks, makes a play, and picks up the first down.

And that was on the drive just before the half where we scored, wasn't it?

Huge play!!