DMN BLOG: Do you keep Tank Johnson?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
gimmesix;2525259 said:
Salary cap limitations would not prevent Dallas from offering Johnson a contract of, say, $1 million base salary with a roster bonus and incentives or even a two-year contract with a small signing bonus like $500,000.

If Dallas cut him under those conditions, then the salary cap hit would be minimal.

I'm certainly not talking about giving him Colombo-like money. Colombo has earned it, Johnson has to fight for a roster spot.
No, but someone else will almost certainly pay him more than that.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
wait a minute..Tank Johnson is still on the Dallas Cowboys?

Seriously?

This year's team?

Are you sure? I've seen every Dallas game and I really don't recall Tank making any plays. Hmmm.....

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Hostile;2525240 said:
He'll want a pay day, so I doubt we will hang on to him. Which means we will look for a backup DT in the DRaft.

The beauty of the NFL...he'll probably get his payday also. Amazing how many players are paid more than they're worth.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Someone will want Tank, just like someone wanted Jacques Reeves. So either we make him a good offer or he'll be gone.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2525279 said:
The beauty of the NFL...he'll probably get his payday also. Amazing how many players are paid more than they're worth.

nake;2525282 said:
Someone will want Tank, just like someone wanted Jacques Reeves. So either we make him a good offer or he'll be gone.

Probably Washington :laugh2:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Eskimo;2524934 said:
I don't think he is a good fit for this defense at nt. However, if he isn't coming back we do need to find someone else to take some snaps there.

It's time with our second rounder to go RUN STUFFING DT. We need a Ngata type player in the draft. Not sure who is coming out of college that is going to fall in that round, but if we don't go offensive line or WR, we need a legit DT.

No more Willie Blade's, John Nix's, or Daleroy Stewart's. Get some guy with some pedigree.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
as a backup, yes. I think a big priority on the defensive side of the ball is to find a legit 3-4 NT and slide Ratliff over to DE. Tank's got heart and seems to be a good guy to have in the lockerroom as well.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
what should scare everyone is that our Owner and GM raved about this guy like he was about turn the NFL on it's ear....all that does is make a player want to "make a play" every play instead of playing their assignment. And we wonder why these players seem so uncoachable. They are NOT listening to their coaches....they are listening to Jerry Jones go on and on about their talenet (stroking the GM in him)....they are listening to Jerry Jones STILL talk about entering the new staduim with a Super Bowl trophy....guess he was not informed that we are not in the playoffs yet and have not won a playoff game in over 10 years. The salesman in Jerry is so bad for this team and HE STILL REFUSES to try another way. How about acquire the talent (you have done a good job of that). Let the coaches coach....stay off the sidelines....stay out of the players ear.....stop working players out before the game like you are a doctor....this guy makes me want to toss my laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!

kmp77

Reaction score
I honestly forgot he was still on the team there for a second. He aint doin' squat on the field. We need a true mean fat boy at that position. :bang2: