DMN Blog: Do you shut Felix Jones down?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you shut Felix Jones down?

Felix Jones' hamstring is healed. Now he has another undisclosed problem. With six games remaining, do you shut Jones down for the rest of the season?

It's a difficult decision because the Cowboys need Jones' speed on special teams and on offense. Looking at the big picture here you don't want to rush him back and risk getting him hurt again.

If Pacman Jones comes back from suspension you have a player who can return kicks, though he was below average on punt returns when he was here.

Felix Jones is part of the future of this franchise and with so much on the line, does Wade Phillips put him on the field this season?

Wade Phillips puts wet blanket on Felix Jones' return

Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Felix Jones was limited during today's practice, and Wade Phillips said it's premature to think that the rookie RB will play Sunday.

"We'll just see," Phillips said. "I don't know. I didn't get a good feel that he would or wouldn't."

Phillips said Jones' hamstring isn't the only issue. There are some "other things that came up during his rehab, but we're working on those, too."

Phillips acknowledged that it's possible that Jones could be held out of the next two games to make sure he's completely healthy once he returns to game action.

Doesn't sound like Felix is coming back this week
FWST Blog:
Fans better hold off on their excitement of seeing Felix Jones back in action Sunday vs. the 49ers. Despite returning to practice Wednesday for the first time since his Oct. 12 injury, Jones may be on the shelf for a little while longer.

Jones suffered a partial left hamstring tear and other injury problems (not his knee) have developed that the athletic trainers are working on. He was limited in practice and head coach Wade Phillips didn't sound too confident he would be back this week. Holding Felix out past Thanksgiving is a possibility.

Here is Wade on Felix....

Q:How did he look?

"Felix was limited today and we'll just see."

Q: Think he will be available Sunday?

"I don't know. I didn't get a good feel that he would, or wouldn't.

Q: Is he dealing with more injuries than the hamstring?

"There are some other things that came up during his rehab. We're working on those too."

Q: Chance you keep him limited or held out until after Thanksgiving?

"All those things are possibilities certainly. Depending on his injury and what he could do with it."

- Rick Herrin

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
*** man! I hate that 2 game comment assuming we don't need him to win the next 2 games.

edit: where did you get this from? it's not even on the dmn site.

Dcz84

Reaction score
Well shoot what are the other things? Shut him down for the season? WTH is going on here.I need answers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rampage;2430342 said:
*** man! I hate that 2 game comment assuming we don't need him to win the next 2 games.

I don't think he means we don't need him it is the fact Dallas gets extra days off after the Seahawks game. Nowhere did he say we don't need him but if the man is hurt then he is hurt and with 2 games in 1 week in all likelihood means if he misses Sunday then the chances are he will miss Thursday as well then have 11 days before our game with Pitt.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Undisclosed issue?...Playing possum on what exactly may hold him out longer if not for the rest of the season?...Kinda strange

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
These media guys are morons! Wade basically says Felix Jones has other injuries. So instead of asking the OBVIOUS follow-up question of "WHAT OTHER INJURIES?" these mediots follow-up with "Chance you keep him limited or held out until after Thanksgiving?". :rolleyes:

So....WHAT OTHER INJURIES does Felix Jones have?

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling he's Robert Smith V. 2.0? That is, "great talent who just can't stay on the field."

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
FCBarca;2430357 said:
Undisclosed issue?...Playing possum on what exactly may hold him out longer if not for the rest of the season?...Kinda strange

Didn't Hurd or someone mention something about Felix having a turf toe issue. If that's the case, that's a bad injury. This is just really frustrating.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I heard on one of the shows on Saturday or Sunday, the one with Glazer on it, that Felix is also dealing with turf toe.

Don't know how true that is, but it makes sense.

maxsports

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2430371 said:
I heard on one of the shows on Saturday or Sunday, the one with Glazer on it, that Felix is also dealing with turf toe.

Don't know how true that is, but it makes sense.
"
Why do I get the feeling he's Robert Smith V. 2.0? That is, "great talent who just can't stay on the field."

It might be just a little premature since this is his rookie season. Don't you think??

FCBarca

Reaction score
Yeah, if it is indeed turf toe that's a 'good night' on the season...On the optimistic side, maybe 3 to 4 weeks but this is not 'going to go away'.

Shame, I got the feeling that we were seeing less of this injury due to better foot gear and playing surfaces but apparently not :banghead:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Sam Hurd said that he had turf toe on 'Inside The Huddle' last week during a commercial break.

I want to shut down the Cowboys training staff, lol.

Nothing ever goes smooth with these injuries.

Romo went from being out four weeks to playing on Sunday to back to being out four weeks.

Not to mention Kosier in, then out. Spencer out, then in, then out again. Newman being misagnosed.

It's ridiculous.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2430365 said:

Why do I get this feeling you've been holdin on and waiting 7 years to use this line with Robert Smith?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I want him ready for the playoffs and stretch drive.

I can live with this.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Can we plase get a competent training staff to get our stud Rookie on the field before Our season is lost?

I mean come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I bet he's back for Pittsburgh. Marion Barber will get the job done. McFadden has turf-toe, too.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
First Austin, now Felix. Can we get a moratorium on bombshell medical news?

StylisticS

Reaction score
So that I would suspect that we will see more Choice from now on, right? Give him at least 6-8 carries per game? If both Miles and Felix is out, who's the returner? Stanback? Frustrating.:banghead:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
First McFadden gets two of them, and now Felix is getting a turf toe.

What kind of jacked up cleats are they giving those Razorbacks?